Could The Jones Boys Mean To Tank 2019?

foofighters

Reaction score
While I'm already on the ledge this offseason, let's speculate why we are where we are right now at this moment.

First we have Jerry and Stephen talking about how they really, really want to win this year...which is strange and could mean just the opposite, since they never seemed to care too much over the last, oh, decade or so.

Keeping Garrett probably indicates they mean to promote Moore (Genius 2.0) to HC in 2020 and repeat Garrett all over again, but what if the rumors about Sean Payton are true?

What might be an incentive for Sean to tolerate Jerry? Well, a top 10 pick and some cap cash might help.

This might explain why we are sitting on our hands in FA, (although I know we always do that), and possibly low-balling our own.

So I ask you, would Jerry, who is all about revenue, risk TV ratings and one year closer to his coffin in order to reap rewards in 2020? I guess what we do with Tank will be very telling.
Lol, these conspiracy theories are great. Keep 'em coming!!!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
While I'm already on the ledge this offseason, let's speculate why we are where we are right now at this moment.

First we have Jerry and Stephen talking about how they really, really want to win this year...which is strange and could mean just the opposite, since they never seemed to care too much over the last, oh, decade or so.

Keeping Garrett probably indicates they mean to promote Moore (Genius 2.0) to HC in 2020 and repeat Garrett all over again, but what if the rumors about Sean Payton are true?

What might be an incentive for Sean to tolerate Jerry? Well, a top 10 pick and some cap cash might help.

This might explain why we are sitting on our hands in FA, (although I know we always do that), and possibly low-balling our own.

So I ask you, would Jerry, who is all about revenue, risk TV ratings and one year closer to his coffin in order to reap rewards in 2020? I guess what we do with Tank will be very telling.

Which owner is not about profit? Dallas did not low Ball a player like Thomas they used their head and did not overpay for a name. a 30 year old safety coming off 3 seasons of injuries and Dallas choose not to break the bank for him? Yeah good going Cowboys.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Which owner is not about profit? Dallas did not low Ball a player like Thomas they used their head and did not overpay for a name. a 30 year old safety coming off 3 seasons of injuries and Dallas choose not to break the bank for him? Yeah good going Cowboys.

"Break the bank" for an impact player who instantly makes us better? I swear, to some fans, any upgrade will be considered "breaking the bank". Sorry, but if you want to improve and take the next step, it will cost.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
"Break the bank" for an impact player who instantly makes us better? I swear, to some fans, any upgrade will be considered "breaking the bank". Sorry, but if you want to improve and take the next step, it will cost.

He is 30 coming off major injury and someone want to pay top 3 money for him? That is stupid that is flushing money. That is not how you Improve a team. If Thomas was in his prime then great but he is not in his prime and your paying for memories not greatness today. Dallas has some major players in Cooper, In DLaw, In Dak and in Zeke that are must. spending top dollar on an old and injured players is not smart

Cowfan75

Reaction score
He is 30 coming off major injury and someone want to pay top 3 money for him? That is stupid that is flushing money. That is not how you Improve a team. If Thomas was in his prime then great but he is not in his prime and your paying for memories not greatness today. Dallas has some major players in Cooper, In DLaw, In Dak and in Zeke that are must. spending top dollar on an old and injured players is not smart

Memories? He had 2 INTs against us just a few months ago. I remember that clearly. Yes, we have SOME major players. The exact same ones we had last year, minus a couple. If you don't open the wallet, you aren't getting to the next level. And if we are truly in "win now" mode, as Jerry claims to be, then signing an impact player is paramount.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Memories? He had 2 INTs against us just a few months ago. I remember that clearly. Yes, we have SOME major players. The exact same ones we had last year, minus a couple. If you don't open the wallet, you aren't getting to the next level. And if we are truly in "win now" mode, as Jerry claims to be, then signing an impact player is paramount.

You don't pay older players who have missed time like he has over the last 3 year. You pay prime money for a player in his prime not as they start getting into 30 area. I want to win today and next year I'm not looking for 1 year and a trip back to the bottom. I Like the Cooper deal, why because he is still a young player who can benefit this team today and tomorrow and while he will cost to keep him he is still in the prime of his career. Thomas is not. His int came about because another player tipped the ball to him it was not a spectacular play on his part.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
You don't pay older players who have missed time like he has over the last 3 year. You pay prime money for a player in his prime not as they start getting into 30 area. I want to win today and next year I'm not looking for 1 year and a trip back to the bottom. I Like the Cooper deal, why because he is still a young player who can benefit this team today and tomorrow and while he will cost to keep him he is still in the prime of his career. Thomas is not

The Cooper deal was great. The downside will be that his prime years will likely be wasted with the likes of other great players who have worn the Star because our FO refuses to fill in the gaps.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The Cooper deal was great. The downside will be that his prime years will likely be wasted with the likes of other great players who have worn the Star because our FO refuses to fill in the gaps.

they are filling gaps but not with big time money for an old player that is just stupid. KC did that with Berry and regretted it and now he is on the FA market. There comes a point that you have to look at age and injuries before just handing out big money like it was candy because fact is big money is not going to make Earl any younger and it will not erase the injuries over the last 3 years. Hell the only reason we are keeping Lee is he is willing to accept less because of injuries and age and you want to back up the bank truck for Thomas?

Cowfan75

Reaction score
they are filling gaps but not with big time money for an old player that is just stupid. KC did that with Berry and regretted it and now he is on the FA market. There comes a point that you have to look at age and injuries before just handing out big money like it was candy because fact is big money is not going to make Earl any younger and it will not erase the injuries over the last 3 years. Hell the only reason we are keeping Lee is he is willing to accept less because of injuries and age and you want to back up the bank truck for Thomas?

Filling the gaps with bargain bin players isn't going to cut it. For example, betting slot receiver on Hurns, a dude who did nothing with us BEFORE he snapped his leg. And the same players who said Thomas was too much are seemingly fine with breaking the bank to keep Tank, who has injury concerns and only produced for 8 games last season. The FO clearly doesn't seem concerned about those injuries. Add Austin to that list as well.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Filling the gaps with bargain bin players isn't going to cut it. For example, betting slot receiver on Hurns, a dude who did nothing with us BEFORE he snapped his leg. And the same players who said Thomas was too much are seemingly fine with breaking the bank to keep Tank, who has injury concerns and only produced for 8 games last season. The FO clearly doesn't seem concerned about those injuries. Add Austin to that list as well.

Lawrence 26 back to back double digit sacks despite playing injured. His injury is not a major procedure and should have already been done. Woods had the same injury had his done after the season. I liked Thomas and pushed last season for him to be brought in even if we had to give up a 2nd but once again dealing with a major injury and given age I would not pay what the Raven did

Earl Thomas signed a 4 year, $55,000,000 contract with the Baltimore Ravens, including a $20,000,000 signing bonus, $32,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $13,750,000. No way in hell

JBond

Reaction score

I am all for tanking, trading highly productive edge rushers, stud RB's etc, if we can pile up draft picks to make a run in the 2021 draft for Trevor Lawrence.

Living in KC makes me appreciate a special QB. We need Mahomes 2.0.

kskboys

Reaction score
Was it? What if we can't resign him, is it still great?

I'm holding my breath on that deal. Love the player, but worried about what he'll cost.

CapnB

Reaction score
one of the youngest teams in the league.. (2nd or 3 i think) Top players in every position with no real weak spots on the team. But yet, tanking an entire season in the minds of some? wow... just wow.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
one of the youngest teams in the league.. (2nd or 3 i think) Top players in every position with no real weak spots on the team. But yet, tanking an entire season in the minds of some? wow... just wow.

Lol