Could this be a trap game??

Reaction score
Don Corleone;2456341 said:
So who backs up Roethlisberger? I have a funny feeling he'll get a good dose of sacks on Sunday with that atrocious oline in Pittsburgh.
Byron Leftwich 6' 5", 250 lbs, a good QB, better than quite a few guys starting in the league right now. He gets rid of the ball a little bit quicker than Ben because Ben will take a sack or two every game in order to make a big play or two.... or four... or five times every game by holding on to it longer. It has cost him some injury but it also has allowed him to win some games by keeping a drive alive that less willing QB's would kill by throwing out of bounds to avoid the sack.

Leftwich probably won't play this Sunday though because that "atrocious oline" in Pittsburgh is starting to get 'er done! Not that they are anywhere near what they should be but the early part of the season doesn't tell the tale. I think they had a few games where as many as 6 offensive starters were on the bench!
But if Leftwich does play they don't skip much of a beat.

I'm looking forward to a hell of a game, it's a great match up! Of course I want the Steelers to own you guys, nothing personal, just that I'm a Steeler fan since preseason 1972 and grew up in Texas so it was a great run in the '70's for me and now I want some more of that! And some turnabout for O'Donnells gift to you guys in the last Superbowl we shared :p:

kmd24

Reaction score
Silverback ate your QB;2456550 said:
Byron Leftwich ... gets rid of the ball a little bit quicker than Ben

LOL. I didn't think there was anyone in the league slower than Leftwich.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
Silverback ate your QB;2456550 said:
Byron Leftwich 6' 5", 250 lbs, a good QB, better than quite a few guys starting in the league right now. He gets rid of the ball a little bit quicker than Ben because Ben will take a sack or two every game in order to make a big play or two.... or four... or five times every game by holding on to it longer. It has cost him some injury but it also has allowed him to win some games by keeping a drive alive that less willing QB's would kill by throwing out of bounds to avoid the sack.

Leftwich probably won't play this Sunday though because that "atrocious oline" in Pittsburgh is starting to get 'er done! Not that they are anywhere near what they should be but the early part of the season doesn't tell the tale. I think they had a few games where as many as 6 offensive starters were on the bench!
But if Leftwich does play they don't skip much of a beat.

I'm looking forward to a hell of a game, it's a great match up! Of course I want the Steelers to own you guys, nothing personal, just that I'm a Steeler fan since preseason 1972 and grew up in Texas so it was a great run in the '70's for me and now I want some more of that! And some turnabout for O'Donnells gift to you guys in the last Superbowl we shared :p:
You must be blind if you don't see the beatings that Ben is taking behind that line, if Ben thinks that car hit him hard wait till Ware gets him!.

Matt

Reaction score
Don Corleone;2455999 said:
For the Steelers, I mean. They have a 9-3 record, and just had an emotional game against a team that has had their number this entire decade. They face the Baltimore Ravens, a divisional foe a week after facing Dallas.

I can see how they would put more importance on beating the Pats (done), and beating the Ravens (who could conceivably take the division) instead of dealing with a non-conference Dallas Cowboys team.

When are we ever considered a trap team regardless of our record?

Ren

Reaction score
Don Corleone;2455999 said:
For the Steelers, I mean. They have a 9-3 record, and just had an emotional game against a team that has had their number this entire decade. They face the Baltimore Ravens, a divisional foe a week after facing Dallas.

I can see how they would put more importance on beating the Pats (done), and beating the Ravens (who could conceivably take the division) instead of dealing with a non-conference Dallas Cowboys team.

No one ever overlooks the Cowboys

BLEU3ASY

Reaction score
Boysboy;2456287 said:
Like he "didn't allow it" againt the lowly Cards, Broncos, and Jets last year?

well the players still had to go out and do their jobs. you know, the other teams do get a paycheck...