Could Tony Romo make a comeback?

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
The only way he goes back on the field is if he is coaching.

Reality is that he probably works 20-25 hours a week right now, with the only drawback being that he has to travel every week no matter what is happening at home.

Proof

Reaction score
it's fun to fantasize about for sure. him and that trio of wr's would be a joy to watch. until you realize who his tackles would be.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
Do you remember how much people hated him when he played QB just because he couldn't carry a crappy team to a Super Bowl? Probably the same fans that loved Dak when he was winning games relying on a running game and the team was winning in spite of him back in his rookie season. You know, people who don't know football.

Tony is making more now than he ever did playing football. Gets to sit in a nice, climate controlled room, watch the game, and not get hit. Then he goes home to his family until next Sunday. Could he come back? Probably. The last injury was kind of a freak hit. Is there probably a bit of him that wants to? Probably, he's definitely a competitor. But he's got other things that are more important right now.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
So the two main reasons why people use to explain why the team didn’t win with Tony Romo is because his offensive line and defense sucked. Now he is supposed to come back and save the team from a bad offensive line and defense? Never ceases to amaze me.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With Dak going down tony romo his best friend could step up to save the day.

Imagine Romo could play in a early cowboys game and then take a jet or even Jerry’s yacht to the location of the Sunday night football game to be in the booth.

it would be the perfect cowboys story.

discuss
Romo in his last 16 starts has 33 TDs 6 INTS

Lebron at 35 just won a ring.

think about it?
Sometimes it’s not about the money. I’d consider playing QB for the cowboys for only a few million
It is doubtful many people dislike Rowdy the Mascot more than myself. However, is it fair to Rowdy if I am encouraged to dislike him more when fellow members, with Rowdy avatars, posts stuff like this?

Discuss.

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
If Romo did come back, he would last about a quarter and be placed on IR. Romo was good but he is now made of glass, too easily broken.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
On a side note, it is always interesting how some opinions downgrade a celebrity's work ethic simply because he or she works in television, movies, radio, etc. Example, preparation is work.

People hear Romo rattling off info off the cuff like it is nothing. Certainly, a good deal of that knowledge is from experience but it is also derived from film study, player and coaches' interviews, etc.

In my opinion, all celebrities are overpaid. Even so, they get paid for their work. Just because their type of work (or even total weekly hours invested) do not match exactly with what some observers consider as the norm, does not mean they do not put in the work.

/
rant

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Romo did come back, he would last about a quarter and be placed on IR. Romo was good but he is now made of glass, too easily broken.
:rolleyes:

lol. My first impulse is automatically dismissing Romo Comeback threads. Then stuff like this gets posted and a teeny-tiny micro part of me wants the comeback to actually happen. Just to see Romo make the second quarter. In other words, just for the hell of it.

:facepalm:

Scotman

Reaction score
He's at the top of his game...right now...in the booth. I think his focus has shifted away from being on the field. Further, I think he makes the Hall of Fame from the booth. As much as I wanted Romo to hoist the Lombardy over his head, it's just never going to happen.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
The only way he goes back on the field is if he is coaching.

Reality is that he probably works 20-25 hours a week right now, with the only drawback being that he has to travel every week no matter what is happening at home.

If Dalton were to go down too for the rest of the season then i could see Jerry making the call and maybe Romo would consider coming back, but that aside no way i see Romo leaving the booth