Could Tony Romo make a comeback?

SlammedZero

Reaction score
With Dak going down tony romo his best friend could step up to save the day.

Imagine Romo could play in a early cowboys game and then take a jet or even Jerry’s yacht to the location of the Sunday night football game to be in the booth.

it would be the perfect cowboys story.

discuss

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nope, Romo isn't coming back. Look, I'm a Romo fan. Was he a bit of a gunslinger? Sure, but the guy could sling the football around. Does the way his career ended suck? Yes, it did. I'm sure he felt/feels like he left some unfinished business out on the field but it is what it is at this point. Sometimes life just has other plans for you. There is no way that I would give up the seat he has at CBS just to come back for a season or two and risk injury or defeat again.

Sucks, I wish Romo could have had a different ending to his NFL story too but this franchise, and his body, just let him down. It's time to move on. Let him be who he is today.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Dang man that was sobering to read, but fair. I think he started, what, 2 games in 2015? I can't believe it's been that long. Time needs to slow down. o_O

Yep I guess I should have included 2015. Started the first 2 games. Didn't finish the second game. Then came back later in the year for 1 full game. Then got hurt I believe on turkey day against the Panthers and never played another regular season down for us. I am trying to remember the last full season he played for us, 2012? He missed games in 2013, 14, 15.

Nexx

Reaction score
could he maybe he really put 100% into getting in shape but nope hes got it good at CBS.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
If Dalton were to go down too for the rest of the season then i could see Jerry making the call and maybe Romo would consider coming back, but that aside no way i see Romo leaving the booth
The call could always happen but Romo is in a 10 yr contract and I bet that the contract states that it becomes voided once he is temporarily employed elsewhere.

SSoup

Reaction score
If he tried, he'd be joining Dak on the injured list almost immediately.

aikemirv

Reaction score
If Tyron and Collins were healthy Romo may have thought... hmmmm....

With the current tackles and what we have going on in the oline - No!

JayFord

Reaction score
No

hes 40 and injuries really took a toll on him

plus hes getting serious money as a commentator.....if i was Romo id be 400 pounds by now and have to enter the booth sideways.....that dude is comfy where hes at

Red Dragon

Reaction score
Not even Tom Brady in his prime could win with the Cowboys defense right now. So, no Romo.

Brax

Reaction score

Imagine Romo could play in a early cowboys game and then take a jet or even Jerry’s yacht to the location of the Sunday night football game to be in the booth.

discuss
Please go away, it's shouldn't even be a fantasy.

lk8701

Reaction score
LOL. Maybe if the o-line was healthy. CeeDee, Amari, Gallup, and Zeke would tempt any QB to come out of retirement. Romo never played with that kind of talent.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Today, my answer for all questions on this board that begin with the words, "would", "should" or "could" is no.......

They all pretty much involve the premise of turning things around by adding a player through some fantasy scenario.

We ride with what we have, drafts are conducted each year. That's not to say that the Cowboys shouldn't take advantage of some particular circumstance that makes them better. However, the bottom line is, if this team turns things around due to some player "savior" then he's going to have to already be on the team.

My money is on Zeke. They'll use Dalton mostly as a busdriver at first with Zeke and Pollard taking more carries. This will add confidence to the line, I think it will inspire them to work hard towards being a cohesive unit.

Meanwhile, switching to a more dominant running game, if successful, will eat up the clock and give the defense more rest.

I'm not saying it's a Super Bowl formula but it should keep them competitive.

And, again I gotta say, small data pool, but Dalton looked poised. I didn't expect those last two passes and that took some skill, let's be honest.
agree

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

discuss

If this team looked like it had the potential to go to the Super Bowl, I might could see Romo entertain the idea because of the ring/title opportunity. However, with as bad as this defense has looked and the fact that both of our starting tackles are out for the year, I don't think we have anything that would lure Romo away from his cushy job as the top color commentator in the game.

garyo1954

Reaction score
Hey as long as we’re talking miracle returns to the field, why not get a HOFer like Roger Staubach? He’s available.
:facepalm:

Or Mike, Emmitt and Troy! And bring in Nate too. He lost a little weight but that shouldn't worry us.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Behind this offensive line? No. One hit and he would be needed shoulder bypass surgery lol

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
Sometimes it’s not about the money. I’d consider playing QB for the cowboys for only a few million
Yeah I’d died on that field if they offered me a chance to play cornerback. I love Football and love the cowboys. If Jerry offered me a minimum contract today to play cornerback I’d quit my job Without hesitation. And I’m topped out at my gig