Could Tony Romo make a comeback?

Darkhound

Reaction score
With Dak going down tony romo his best friend could step up to save the day.

Imagine Romo could play in a early cowboys game and then take a jet or even Jerry’s yacht to the location of the Sunday night football game to be in the booth.

it would be the perfect cowboys story.

discuss
Seriously OP... you are lost

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Is this honestly where we are at in life? These is a good reason he retired, he prefers to be able to stand, play golf and spend family time. Maybe the OP meant to play in a toch football version of the NFL, or flag football?

blumayne38

Reaction score

Imagine Romo could play in a early cowboys game and then take a jet or even Jerry’s yacht to the location of the Sunday night football game to be in the booth.

discuss
Yes. And no. I’d say he could in a perfect situation with a good OLine. Well at least 1-2 really good lineman maybe 3 that can play solid/good LT.

And no. Because once again the pressure and success of THE Dallas Cowboys hinges on Tony’s brittle back. Tony is loved and would be welcomed back if he really wanted trust me. The ratings would be insane and the stadium would be crazy. But that said I don’t think he wants a comeback.

cowboygo

Reaction score

discuss
I'd cry of happiness if I got to see him play again. Its not gonna happen.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

discuss

If Romo was going to make a return to the NFL he would have done so well before now. So no he is done as a player.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Why would he want to make the same amount of money getting beaten up on the field than he would in a suit, safe from injury and a great life style with less stressful hours?
Do people think Romo didn't love playing the game?

He's not coming back, but I have never understood the "Why would he play when he can sit in a booth" rationale.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
Do people think Romo didn't love playing the game?

He's not coming back, but I have never understood the "Why would he play when he can sit in a booth" rationale.

Well he may love playing the game but there comes a day for every athlete where the desire to play falls short of the desire to not hurt anymore and be comfortable physically. This goes doubly for a game like football. I don’t think it’s irrational to think that Tony Romo is in that mental state and he’s making bank. I honestly thought the OP was being sarcastic.

CWR

Reaction score
Love it. Id be so freaking pumped to see Romo back.

Never gonna happen.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
Look, I am the most Romo-homerific of all Romo fans here. You won't find a more diehard defender of Tony on this message board than me. And yet I say, it's time for us to move long, long past Romo by now. There is zero chance of Tony coming back to play football, after a 4-year hiatus from the game, after all those back surgeries, at his ripe old age, for a Cowboys team that appears to have zero chance of winning a Super Bowl this year, not even necessarily making the playoffs, in a pandemic year, when he is currently THE best announcer in all of pro football and making $18 million a year just by wearing a suit and tie and talking into a microphone - which is more money than he was ever paid in salary as a Cowboys quarterback.

Just - NO - way.

Edit: I will add - as said already - that I would like to see Romo come back to Dallas one day as a coach - he'd be a great coordinator on either offense or defense. But a player? Noooooooo.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
Tony has made a business decision albeit not really his choice. Did you not see that home video with him at his home gym back in the day saying goodbye? Tony was hurting on that day. He will always have that unfinished business in him. But he realizes his future is better off where he is now at. On that note Tony needs a football video game of his own. What say you?

Yep it hurt him but he's accepted it and moved on. He knows he's blessed with the gig he has moving forward and looks to be really enjoying himself in the booth.

foofighters

Reaction score

discuss
Ya, and then we could have Landry come back and coach too!

this is the kind of thread that we have to put up with in the offseason not during the season...

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
Today, my answer for all questions on this board that begin with the words, "would", "should" or "could" is no.......

They all pretty much involve the premise of turning things around by adding a player through some fantasy scenario.

We ride with what we have, drafts are conducted each year. That's not to say that the Cowboys shouldn't take advantage of some particular circumstance that makes them better. However, the bottom line is, if this team turns things around due to some player "savior" then he's going to have to already be on the team.

My money is on Zeke. They'll use Dalton mostly as a busdriver at first with Zeke and Pollard taking more carries. This will add confidence to the line, I think it will inspire them to work hard towards being a cohesive unit.

Meanwhile, switching to a more dominant running game, if successful, will eat up the clock and give the defense more rest.

I'm not saying it's a Super Bowl formula but it should keep them competitive.

And, again I gotta say, small data pool, but Dalton looked poised. I didn't expect those last two passes and that took some skill, let's be honest.

I agree with most of this but Dalton is better than a bus driver and is auditioning for a starter job next year.

CPanther95

Reaction score
With the benefit of hindsight, I'd say Romo's football career was just a prelude to doing what he was meant to do.

Serious comeback talk isn't going to happen unless he gets squeezed out of broadcasting.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I expect Tony to return the day after Aikman returns. I saw Staubach throwing the ball around recently, he may have a little tread left on the tires. lol