Could Vince Young be a Dallas Cowboy?

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
neosapien23 said:
Vince Young is worth the 18th pick period, but he won't be there. As for BP, so you think he wanted to cut Keyshawn for TO. I think Jones finally grabbed his manhood and overrode Parcells. If Young is there at 18, Jones will pick him despite any protests from Parcells.

uh, no...he wouldnt

Jones cant even pee w/o Parcells' saying its time

David

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
neosapien23 said:
Who do you think let Keyshawn go? Jerry overrode Parcells and is the one who wants TO.

you are seriously living in a dream world

David

neosapien23

Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
That is why BP is the head and not JJ.

Who do you think let Keyshawn go? Jerry Jones cut him and has turned his attention to a true #1 reciever (although with baggage).

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
I have also read that JJ & BP would never go for TO either. We'll see....A wise old man once told me "never say never it may come back to bite you."

Cowboy from New York

Reaction score
neosapien23 said:
Vince Young is worth the 18th pick period, but he won't be there. As for BP, so you think he wanted to cut Keyshawn for TO. I think Jones finally grabbed his manhood and overrode Parcells. If Young is there at 18, Jones will pick him despite any protests from Parcells.

I agree, I think Jones would be tempted to draft Young, and the seats he could fill by marketing a Univ of Texas star as the face of the franchise.

But I think that pick would be bad news for the team as we have more pressing needs and Young needs to go to a team that will center there game plan around his talents. Dallas, as it is currently run, will not do that.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Newsflash

Key said in an interview yesterday that he had BP had been discussing the possibility of parting ways ever since the season's end.

BP knows that Key may be better off elsewhere and that our team may be better off with a more explosive WR. Bledsoe's arm needs speedy, elusive guys that can stretch the field... not a big, slow possesion guy. BP knows that. I know that.

MONT17

Reaction score
Ryan Leaf scored a 30 or something on the lick.... lotta good that did!!! if u wanna get an idea of the lic... go to web.tickle.com and take the IQ test and decide for yourself if a 50 question test taken in 15 mintues can predict a players ability to play FOOTBALL!

Peyton Manning laughed at the test and couldnt beleive some of the questions... I would rather have a QB on the chalk board before deciding if he knows if all Zips are Zaps or if Mike and Ray caught 25 fish and Roy caught 4 times as many...

take 15 minutes and take the test and dicide for yourself! I think its just a tool to see if a GUY needs to be tutored step by step or if he can take the OFFENSE home over the wekend and comeback MONDAY a run the O!

If anyone see the CHRIS SIMMS thing on NFL channel with Jon Gruden then u know.... Gruden said he can teach his wife the O but she cant throw a comeback!!!!

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
Vince Young will never drop down that far. Also for those that keep comparing Vince to Vick are foolish and i have already stated many times why so I won't again. But i do agree that we wouldn't take him though because Parcells time is running out and he's not gonna spend a pick on a QB who take more time to develop than any other positioin.

ElTiburon

Reaction score
cobra said:
No.

There is also no way BP drafts an individual to play at quarterback who is dumb, hasn't run a pro offense, and has a questionable throwing ability. If you stop to think even one nanosecond about Bill Parcells and the kind of players he likes, you will know that there is an absolute 0% chance BP would ever draft someone like Vince Young in any round to play quarterback.

If Vince Young drops to us in the 7th round, there is no way BP drafts Vince Young as a quarterback.

The only, ONLY way Vince Young becomes a Cowboys is if they draft him as a WR.

He is not dumb. I am guessing you are either a sooner or an aggie. It may take him a few years to figure out the NFL but if you are going to bet against him then you are dumb.....

We would be foolish to pass him up....

:nono2:

ZB9

Reaction score
CactusCowboy said:
Do you think it's on the Wonderlick test?

fyi - it's spelled wonderlic.

what the hell makes people think that Young is going to slip to #18? That is crazy. There is no way he makes it out of the top 10.

Wolf2k5

Reaction score
Wow i just got done writing that the "what # should TO wear?" thread was the dumbest all day but this squeeked it outa 1st place. Why wouldnt anouther team higher on the draft just trade down and give him to some1 who wants him??? We arnt the only team aloud to do that ya know

PoetTree

Reaction score
Cbz40 said:
That was a great read Sir.;)

Wish I could write like that.:mad:

That old thing? Why, that's just something I threw on...

*ahem*

But seriously, thanks. Writing is my passion. Ironically, I don't often enough get to blend my passion for writing with that of my one for football. My other creative endeavors usually occupy my attention-span. But it's fun when I get to bring them together. My articles about Emmitt are my favorite.

I just... love that guy....

:bow:

Peace and Love

- PoetTree -

ghst187

Reaction score
ugh, I'd rather talk about TO than VY, at least TO would make our offense BETTER rather than worse.