Could Vince Young be a Dallas Cowboy?

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
i have to laugh at the idea we would pass up Vince Young at #18. it would only happen if the entire Cowboys front office and coaching staff died of heart failure at the shock of seeing Young drop into the teens.

as i see it, the only way the Cowboys could acquire Young is if they traded up.... way up.

considering Parcells' propensity for devaluing the QB position - especially when it comes to rookie QBs - it'll prolly never happen.

but it'd dang sure generate some ticket sales. hmmmmm.... that's right up Jerry's avenue.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Vince Young is going to be the most hotly debated player in this draft apparently.

Regardless of personal feelings though we do know that he has yet to fall below 10 in a mock draft since beating USC and is very likely to rise again to the top 5 after his personal workouts.

Those things really should not even be debated.

Various other notes slanted by my own appreciation of the guy bringing a national championship to the great state of Texas admittedly.

Any team with a QB in place for 2 or 3 years would be ideal for Young.
Dallas is such a team. There are many others though.

No one was complaining about Mike Vick when he went into Lambeau and whooped Brett Favre's Packers in the playoffs as a soph QB. But beyond that the comparison is pretty funny. Young weighs what 40 pounds more and is 5 or 6 inches taller. There's more than 1 fast QB in the NFL. The biggest problems for Vick are a) they went to a west coast offense that didn't really fit him because he is a downfield passer and b) he is too slightly built to take the hits he must to run around back their using his ability to make plays.

The QB Young compares most closely to is Ben R. Athletically and arm stength, accuracy wise they are extremely similar. As are both's winning ways. The next closest is Culpepper except Culpepper has a much stronger arm those 2 guys.

The Wonderlic test reported was bogus. The company who administers the test admitted that. Young scored a 16 which is right in line with many very good QBs. That rumor popped up on pft first and then 2 days later spread like wildfire before being refuted by many sources. If nothing else that type of flimsy nonsense should be enough to forfeit calling him dumb. Insulting someone's intelligence in that way really should not be acceptable.

Dumb is blowing a big money contract by using drugs or hitting your significant other or many others things. The Wonderlic is just a quick puzzler and tests your ability to recognize patterns quickly. High scorers would make great file clerks.

PoetTree

Reaction score
DeepBleu said:
this is just a wishful thinking of crap. oakland didn't sign josh mccown.

I was wondering when someone would notice that. At the time that I wrote it I thought the Raiders had signed McCown. It was sloppy "reporting" on my part, I guess. Now the whole thing's buggered!

Oh, well... 'twas fun while it lasted....

:rolleyes:

Peace and Love

- PoetTree -

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
PoetTree said:
I was wondering when someone would notice that. At the time that I wrote it I thought the Raiders had signed McCown. It was sloppy "reporting" on my part, I guess. Now the whole thing's buggered!

Oh, well... 'twas fun while it lasted....

:rolleyes:

Peace and Love

- PoetTree -

It was outside the box thinking and a good effort to get discussion flowing. Certianly better than much of what paid reporters for this team are tossing out. --they don't even know where Jerry is and they seldom know anything of use.