Could Washington be tougher than we thought?

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Something all fans need to keep in mind - Jayden Daniels has played 4 NFL regular season games. The more he plays, the more defensive coordinators will learn about his favorite tendencies, his safety valves, etc.

DCs will start game planning better for him and be able to take some things away. That’s when you find out what a QB really is. Daniel’s is very talented and I respect that. But he has a lot ahead of him that’s going to test him in ways that haven’t happened yet.
We have seen DCs do this against Jalen Hurts after the 2022 season he had. Although Daniels does seem to be a better passer than Hurts and might not have to rely on his legs as much as Hurts does. As Hurts still has yet to prove he can beat defenses when he mostly has to rely on his arm all game long.

Hurts really hasn't been able to put together consecutive highly productive seasons. And 2022 was really his only good year. As has been below average to bad in his QB play in all of the other seasons he has played so far.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It sucks that a ROOKIE can actually do a few good things, the many in here feel that if we got a rookie he would be the worst thing ever and could never have any good moments like #4 can
It kinda helps to have the #2 overall pick in the draft.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Something all fans need to keep in mind - Jayden Daniels has played 4 NFL regular season games. The more he plays, the more defensive coordinators will learn about his favorite tendencies, his safety valves, etc.

DCs will start game planning better for him and be able to take some things away. That’s when you find out what a QB really is. Daniel’s is very talented and I respect that. But he has a lot ahead of him that’s going to test him in ways that haven’t happened yet.
You're right, and he will hit some adversity this year, but I'm really struggling to figure out what those things are that he doesnt do that well. Last year it was Stroud everyone said would come back down to early, the year before that it was Purdy. These QBs who have started a ton of games in college seem to be able to transition to the NFL so much easier.

It is a small sample size but his completion percentage is historically good, he's averaging 8.5 yards per attempt so it's not all dink and dunk. His numbers on the intermediate throws are incredibly good. He's got good number against the blitz, and just from watching the games he seems to have a very high level of understanding for a rookie and isnt just out there running the plays that come through the headset. Week 1 that did seem to be the case, but they've added to him every week with no hiccups whatsoever.

The only thing that really pops out at you is in his charting he seems to avoid the left side of the field. I'm hoping I have time to rewatch their game from yesterday and look for why this is because the splits are pretty extreme.

LysleE

Reaction score
I don’t know that Commanders are legit contenders just yet after four games into the season; but I will say that they are not going to be the joke everybody thought they were going to be.

New ownership, a new coaching staff; a franchise QB who appears to live up to the hype; a strong running game with some NFL quality WRs combined with an imaginative OC who plays to the offense’s strengths.

Be interesting to see how far DQ takes this team; it would chap Jerry’s behind to no end to have the Commanders have a better season than the Cowboys…and that is not an unrealistic outcome at this juncture.