Could Washington be tougher than we thought?

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
They are NOT elite. They are not the Chiefs. But they are improving. They appear to be much better than Washington in 2023 and years prior. It is still early. Lots of football to go. But the Commanders are off to a good start.

Creeper

Reaction score
Their offense executes and their defense is tough.
They have what is required to win in the NFL now. They have a RB who can move the chains, a WR who can run routes, go deep, and get open, and a QB who is a threat to run or throw. The QB is young, and I hate anointing rookies because we have seen so many flash then fade. But right now Daniels looks like the real deal.

Washington has punted only 5 times in 4 games, 3 in the first game. They scored on 16 straight drives. I don't care who they were playing, that is really hard to do. Their defense is suspect and surprisingly vulnerable to the run, but their offense is clicking. Right now I would say they beat Dallas home or away. Their offense will give the Cowboys fits.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Washington has a pretty easy schedule up front. They have Cleveland, @baltimore, Carolina, Chicago, @ NY Giants, Pittsburgh, @Philadelphia, Dallas, Tennessee, @ New Orleans, Philadelphia, Atlanta, @Dallas.

The way their offense is playing they could win 6 more games at least, including their matchup with Dallas. The Commanders offense is exactly the kind of offense that will give Dallas's defense trouble.

If the Eagles injury situation does not improve I can see the Commanders winning the division this year. They might only have 9 wins, but that could be good enough.
At this point I think they can really give Dallas problems in one area, that's when he starts to use his legs to run against us, IT'S OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
It sucks that a ROOKIE can actually do a few good things, the many in here feel that if we got a rookie he would be the worst thing ever and could never have any good moments like #4 can
Jayden Daniels reminds me of young Randall Cunningham, with a less powerful arm. But he's making the throws he's supposed to make. Washington may finally have a QB again.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jayden Daniels reminds me of young Randall Cunningham, with a less powerful arm. But he's making the throws he's supposed to make. Washington may finally have a QB again.
That's great to hear, I'm saying the people on here made it seem like NO rookie can just come in here and make plays and help you get wins, that's WHY you have to keep the veteran QB you've had for all these years

kskboys

Reaction score
They are NOT elite. They are not the Chiefs. But they are improving. They appear to be much better than Washington in 2023 and years prior. It is still early. Lots of football to go. But the Commanders are off to a good start.
They had no QB last season. This year, they do. Not any more complicated!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
He's a much better passer than Cunningham. More like Steve Young.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Currently, other TEAMS are not exploiting their defense. What has led you to believe that the Cowboys will accomplish that feat? Quinn, now has no names, but they are aggressive and have a bit of dog in them. The Cowboys have front-runners on defense.
I don’t believe anything. It’s what I want to happen lol. What teams like the Cardinals and Bengals do is irrelevant or should be anyway. I don’t know what they did yesterday haven’t seen that game yet but I did not see a juggernaut last week.

JustChip

Reaction score
Looking at them, young QB looks pretty decent, what are your thoughts on Washington, Philly doesn't look good too many injuries, NYG, next subject!!
Not surprising Warshington is playing good ball. Teams/players almost always respond to a change in coaching. Think back to the season post firing of Wade.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not surprising Warshington is playing good ball. Teams/players almost always respond to a change in coaching. Think back to the season post firing of Wade.
Good point, kind of upsetting in a way they didn't play that way for the previous coach, but I hear what you're saying

TexasBacon

Reaction score
Unless we turn it around they are a match-up nightmare for us. Basically a slightly worse version of the Ravens but with a coach who knows us intimately. Hopefully we can hold our own offensively and outpace them.

Hadenough

Reaction score
They don’t look tough but neither are the Cowboys….all I know is I better see he exploit Quinn’s defense like people did to us when he was here.
The Washington defense isn't that great but the kid Daniels elevates them with his play. I mean his completion rate is over 80%. Nobody has done that since Brady back in 2007 when his rate was 79%. Players believe in Daniels and want to play hard for him. He makes throws that are fantastic. Now we will have to see how he does when things aren't going well but I can tell you this kid has the potential to be very very good to elite.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The Washington defense isn't that great but the kid Daniels elevates them with his play. I mean his completion rate is over 80%. Nobody has done that since Brady back in 2007 when his rate was 79%. Players believe in Daniels and want to play hard for him. He makes throws that are fantastic. Now we will have to see how he does when things aren't going well but I can tell you this kid has the potential to be very very good to elite.
Well we know his potential. He had the potential to be the best QB in his draft. The thing about him is he’s gonna have to learn how to take less contact. That’s what separates the greats from the RG3s. Russell Wilson knew how to run and not get hit. Mahomes does as well. Josh, Hurts and Lamar don’t and it’s gonna hurt them. Hurts is already a shell of his former self with how he runs….

So we will say. Daniels is a great prospect. Looks good out there. I just don’t know how good that Commanders team is. New head coach always brings excitement and energy to the locker room. But like you said when things go bad it adversity hit how do you respond?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Naw, it started when they got rid of DAN SNYDER and the toxic culture that he brought with him. They got a new GM, HC and QB next year they'll have a new president. Over the last 23 years they were 2 toxic, poorly run front offices and it was Washington and Dallas, over they last 23+ years there are only 2 teams that failed to make it to the NFCCG, Washington and Dallas.
If they had same QBs they had last season and in previous seasons they would be 1-3 or worse. Their defense hasn’t been good, they’re ranked 27th, one spot worse than the Cowboys. However, offensively they’re ranked 5th because of the outstanding play of their rookie QB. He’s been amazing. Washington hasn’t seen QB play like this in decades. Daniels is having the best rookie season at QB ever so far.