Could Washington be tougher than we thought?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Washington is tougher than we thought because of their rookie QB who has them ranked 5th in offense. Daniels is having an amazing rookie season. Their QB play has been the difference because their defense isn’t that good. They’re ranked 27th defensively. That’s one spot worse than the Cowboys.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Looking at them, young QB looks pretty decent, what are your thoughts on Washington, Philly doesn't look good too many injuries, NYG, next subject!!
Could be tougher???????????? The Skins are tougher than the Boys and we'll be lucky to get a split this year. Quinn is looking more like Jimmy Johnson everyday with the way he has his young studs playing! He has his team playing at a level where it shouldn't surprise anyone if they won the divison this year with the way everybody is eating on that club. Their young field general appears to be the real deal the way he can find and hit his targets and his scrambling ability looks to be tops among QBs in the league. I hate to say this but this is just another reason why JJ should have cleaned house after the GB fiasco, but he stood his ground, hardly made any moves to help his team, and came out with one of his most stupid statements in years with his "ALL IN" statement that had Cowboy Nation climbing over each other just to get a peek at all the studs we all thought he was going to sign in the off season, but as it turned out he played us all for fools and now the best picture in the house at the end of games lately has been both JJ and his son sitting there with their fat guts staring out into space pondering their next move that isn't ever going to come..............

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Could Washington be better than we thought?

No.

Washington IS tougher than we thought.

They're the best team in the division.... and it's possible Daniels becomes the next hot young QB like the Houston kid, and all of a sudden they'll be the division favorite for the next decade, and we completely forget the Eagles and start fixating on Wash.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Could be tougher???????????? The Skins are tougher than the Boys and we'll be lucky to get a split this year. Quinn is looking more like Jimmy Johnson everyday with the way he has his young studs playing! He has his team playing at a level where it shouldn't surprise anyone if they won the divison this year with the way everybody is eating on that club. Their young field general appears to be the real deal the way he can find and hit his targets and his scrambling ability looks to be tops among QBs in the league. I hate to say this but this is just another reason why JJ should have cleaned house after the GB fiasco, but he stood his ground, hardly made any moves to help his team, and came out with one of his most stupid statements in years with his "ALL IN" statement that had Cowboy Nation climbing over each other just to get a peek at all the studs we all thought he was going to sign in the off season, but as it turned out he played us all for fools and now the best picture in the house at the end of games lately has been both JJ and his son sitting there with their fat guts staring out into space pondering their next move that isn't ever going to come..............
:hammer:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
What are you trying to say????????????
What I'm saying is Daniels looks great and I always felt like if he goes to the right organization he will be a top 10 guys if not higher. He has all the potential in the world. But he's a rookie and it wouldn't be the first time a guy looked All World and then fell off. It takes more than one year to prove you can play in this league is my point.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Commanders are nothing lol. I hate when you guys do this fear mongering crap every time someone looks good for 3 games....

Hadenough

Reaction score
Well we know his potential. He had the potential to be the best QB in his draft. The thing about him is he’s gonna have to learn how to take less contact. That’s what separates the greats from the RG3s. Russell Wilson knew how to run and not get hit. Mahomes does as well. Josh, Hurts and Lamar don’t and it’s gonna hurt them. Hurts is already a shell of his former self with how he runs….

So we will say. Daniels is a great prospect. Looks good out there. I just don’t know how good that Commanders team is. New head coach always brings excitement and energy to the locker room. But like you said when things go bad it adversity hit how do you respond?
What's kinda scary is the game has slowed down for him and he is using his legs to roll out and buy his receivers more time. That first Bucs game he took way too many hits but he's learning every game.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
What's kinda scary is the game has slowed down for him and he is using his legs to roll out and buy his receivers more time. That first Bucs game he took way too many hits but he's learning every game.
Yep. Kingsbury has been real good for him. A hire a lot of people were against.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
he looks relaxed like it's too easy for now!!

CCBoy

Reaction score
They have what is required to win in the NFL now. They have a RB who can move the chains, a WR who can run routes, go deep, and get open, and a QB who is a threat to run or throw. The QB is young, and I hate anointing rookies because we have seen so many flash then fade. But right now Daniels looks like the real deal.

Washington has punted only 5 times in 4 games, 3 in the first game. They scored on 16 straight drives. I don't care who they were playing, that is really hard to do. Their defense is suspect and surprisingly vulnerable to the run, but their offense is clicking. Right now I would say they beat Dallas home or away. Their offense will give the Cowboys fits.
They started the season as a team, was physical on both sides, and have remained focused.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A lot of people have been calling this all offseason. They had a ton of draft picks, a ton of money for free agents, and a new HC. Perfect recipe for a good year, especially when you hit on a young qb.
A Washington offense that’s on a record scoring pace matching up with a depleted Dallas defense that has trouble stopping anyone is a scary combination.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
What I'm saying is Daniels looks great and I always felt like if he goes to the right organization he will be a top 10 guys if not higher. He has all the potential in the world. But he's a rookie and it wouldn't be the first time a guy looked All World and then fell off. It takes more than one year to prove you can play in this league is my point.

Jayden Daniels has looked great. And is definitely a QB who can cause the Cowboys defense trouble if Dallas defense does not improve much by the time the Cowboys and Commanders play each other. But I get your point as there have been multiple QBs who the media and NFL fanbase tends to crown after one good season. I think where a QB is by year 3 in the NFL and being able to sustain consecutive seasons of quality QB play, are the two tests to tell whether or not a QB has the longevity to have a good, productive career over the course of nearly 10 years.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Jayden Daniels has looked great. And is definitely a QB who can cause the Cowboys defense trouble if Dallas defense does not improve much by the time the Cowboys and Commanders play each other. But I get your point as there have been multiple QBs who the media and NFL fanbase tends to crown after one good season. I think where a QB is by year 3 in the NFL and being able to sustain consecutive seasons of quality QB play, are the two tests to tell whether or not a QB has the longevity to have a good, productive career over the course of nearly 10 years.
Agree 100 percsnt

Qcard

Reaction score
I remember these guys crying about facing RG3 for the next 10 years and Wentz. These guys live in fear. What these guys do Dak did it 8 years ago.
Nothing against the kid....but Jayden is yet to pass the NFC East toughness test....Winter is coming!!!:grin:

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Something all fans need to keep in mind - Jayden Daniels has played 4 NFL regular season games. The more he plays, the more defensive coordinators will learn about his favorite tendencies, his safety valves, etc.

DCs will start game planning better for him and be able to take some things away. That’s when you find out what a QB really is. Daniel’s is very talented and I respect that. But he has a lot ahead of him that’s going to test him in ways that haven’t happened yet.