Could we be seeing the rebirth of the Triplets?

ShortRound

Reaction score
Dak isn't on the same level as Aikman. Not even close.

Zeke isn't on the same level as Emmitt. Not even close.

Amari? Amari is good, but I don't see him having the same passion Irvin had. I'm finding it hard to identify anyone who did, but T.O. was close.

Most important, Jimmy

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's not about comparing them to the triplets of the 90's but comparing them to the other triplets of today.

I would say one, Elliott, is a bona fide triplet but I am not so sure about the other two just yet. The team that would best be up against them in this triplet category would be NO and IND could be approaching that and possibly HOU.

Just how important is it to have triplets? The Cowboys had Novacek and a great OL and D. The triplets didn't win it for them. And I would put Haley as important as any triplet to the success of that team.

As far as triplets, the jury is still out on Prescott and OTA talk doesn't matter and Cooper has to prove he can be a factor in every game and not disappear because he has a habit of doing that as any DFS player can tell you.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Yes we are going to bulldoze our way into the Endzone often...
And possibly with the judicious usage of properly applied High Explosives when we ain't got no time to waste on that dozer to be catching up to our rapidly advancing & blitzkrieg overrunning/swarming the enemy FEBA:starspin:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes we are going to bulldoze our way into the Endzone often...

Right, as Moore found that bulldozer in a garage, uncovered it and is dusting it off.
That Linehan dude hid it pretty good.

You, know it is like someone finding that 66 Corvette Stingray that granny only drove on Sunday to the store at 5 MPH.

Now Moore can fine tune in, and rev it up like it was supposed to be.

:D

glimmerman

Reaction score
https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...g-of-a-new-triplets-dak-prescott-amari-cooper

They say history repeats itself, and we could be looking at a rerun in Dallas.

The Cowboys of the nineties were lead by three future Hall of Famers Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith, and Michael Irvin on offense. An accurate passer, elite level runner and a clutch receiver. Now the modern-day version is lead by three top-shelf players in their own right. Dak Prescott has won more games than any quarterback since 2016 not named Tom Brady. Ezekiel Elliott has two rushing crowns in his first three years. And Amari Cooper is a multiple time pro bowler and one of the best receivers in the game. The similarities, however, don't end there.
It’s surely trending that way.
If Elliot can stay out of trouble..

ksadler1

Reaction score
Dak isn't on the same level as Aikman. Not even close.

Zeke isn't on the same level as Emmitt. Not even close.

Amari? Amari is good, but I don't see him having the same passion Irvin had. I'm finding it hard to identify anyone who did, but T.O. was close.

Other teams have won SB's with much less talent. This teams weak spot is that this couching staff is light years behind Jimmy's staff. Hoping Boy Wonder can change that but without a great head coach I'm not real confident.

I see I posted this before scrolling down and reading your similar post. We agree on the HC point, 100%...

glimmerman

Reaction score
Right, as Moore found that bulldozer in a garage, uncovered it and is dusting it off.

You, know it is like someone finding that 66 Corvette Stingray that granny only drove on Sunday to the store at 5 MPH.

Red Barchetta.. If you know what I mean.. Rush.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score

Ha,as long as it ain't got a manual rope pulled gasoline powered kicker starter engine on it,I reckon ol' KELLEN can figure it out ,,,:thumbup:

Brax

Reaction score
https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...g-of-a-new-triplets-dak-prescott-amari-cooper

The Cowboys of the nineties were lead by three future Hall of Famers Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith, and Michael Irvin on offense. An accurate passer, elite level runner and a clutch receiver. Now the modern-day version is lead by three top-shelf players in their own right. Dak Prescott has won more games than any quarterback since 2016 not named Tom Brady. Ezekiel Elliott has two rushing crowns in his first three years. And Amari Cooper is a multiple time pro bowler and one of the best receivers in the game. The similarities, however, don't end there.
smart thing to do,
https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/06/dak-prescott-dallas-cowboys-trade

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Other teams have won SB's with much less talent. This teams weak spot is that this couching staff is light years behind Jimmy's staff. Hoping Boy Wonder can change that but without a great head coach I'm not real confident.

I see I posted this before scrolling down and reading your similar post. We agree on the HC point, 100%...
He was Coach of the Year in 2016.

GenoT

Reaction score

We hear this same suggestion every time DC cobbles together a decent QB-RB-WR trio.

How about letting it be proven on the field (as in, at least one SB win, maybe?), BEFORE slathering on the anointing oil?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
We hear this same suggestion every time DC cobbles together a decent QB-RB-WR trio.

How about letting it be proven on the field (as in, at least one SB win, maybe?), BEFORE slathering on the anointing oil?
I guess you didn’t watch the 2nd half of the season when they went 7-1, then 1-1 in the playoffs with Dak, Zeke and Cooper with a cobbled together offensive line, D-Law, The Human Log both injured. But hey, I know your mind is wired negatively so hate on.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I guess you didn’t watch the 2nd half of the season when they went 7-1, then 1-1 in the playoffs with Dak, Zeke and Cooper with a cobbled together offensive line, D-Law, The Human Log both injured. But hey, I know your mind is wired negatively so hate on.

The second half of the season is a nice teaser, but in 2014 the Romo/Dez/Murray combo had a full season of being outstanding, and it didn't last. To earn the "triplets" moniker there will need to be some sustained excellence.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
The second half of the season is a nice teaser, but in 2014 the Romo/Dez/Murray combo had a full season of being outstanding, and it didn't last. To earn the "triplets" moniker there will need to be some sustained excellence.
Dez? He was never considered to be part of the triplets by me. He was one dimensional. Throw it up high and let him go for it. Couldn’t be counted on to run precise routes of any kind. Just a run a catch WR. And he was a cancer in the locker room.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dez? He was never considered to be part of the triplets by me. He was one dimensional. Throw it up high and let him go for it. Couldn’t be counted on to run precise routes of any kind. Just a run a catch WR. And he was a cancer in the locker room.

None of them were considered part of the triplets by me. For me there has been no "triplets" since Troy/Emmitt/Irvin. But really, what you said is my point. Had Romo/Dez/Murray had a long run of the kinds of seasons they had in 2014, there might have been something to calling them the new "triplets", but only one year of it doesn't qualify. Same with this group. It takes sustained excellence to earn the moniker.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
None of them were considered part of the triplets by me. For me there has been no "triplets" since Troy/Emmitt/Irvin. But really, what you said is my point. Had Romo/Dez/Murray had a long run of the kinds of seasons they had in 2014, there might have been something to calling them the new "triplets", but only one year of it doesn't qualify. Same with this group. It takes sustained excellence to earn the moniker.
Me either as far as since the 90’s original version. But this group has already shown plenty of signs. You’ve got Dak the fearless leader who refuses to give up and does whatever it takes. You’ve got Zeke who’s won the NFL Rushing title 2 out of his 3 years and you’ve got Cooper who is undoubtably one of the best route runners the team has ever had. For me, the only question mark is bonehead Zeke. He’s got the common sense rating of Dez’s Wonderlic score.