Could we be seeing the rebirth of the Triplets?

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
The second half of the season is a nice teaser, but in 2014 the Romo/Dez/Murray combo had a full season of being outstanding, and it didn't last. To earn the "triplets" moniker there will need to be some sustained excellence.
That "14" season was a good one to be a Cowboys fan,,,as that game up in the Seahags house of the undefeated ,being the definitive highlight in my fandom's season:thumbup:
:star::starspin::star:

* them Pete Carroll clan spines ain't recovered from it since:lmao:

Mannix

Reaction score
NO....Cooper is no Playmaker. Cooper kind of worries me, because I've heard and read several times that he often acts as of he doesn't even really love what he is doing....he always seems to give that vibe to me when I watch him. 88 was hands down the best player/coach the Cowboys have ever had....and it isn't even close. Invaluable!!!

Rayman70

Reaction score
Our team is built to have EVERYONE BE INVOLVED. We are the type of team that absolutely has to have everyone do their jobs or it simply doesn't work. The 90's teams could get away with a flub here and there and overcome mistakes...much of that was coaching...and much of it was how the game was played back then. We could simply impose our will and overcome...mask errors. Not in 2019 tho. Have to say, big picture..the coaching has gotten very sophisticated...and just better. Technology has changed how teams can prep during the week...during the season. Gives the coaches advantages. Everyone is on the same level now. Where the games are won and lost these days is QB...and playcalling by the OC. Look at KC,PHILLY, THE SAINTS..Seattle...New England. Thus, we fired Linehan and went with the young unproven Kellen Moore. Why? To move to a more diverse, modern offense that keeps defenses off balance.Triplets sound nice...but I doubt we will ever see that label in Dallas again. I think this team could be special though...much like the Rams' greatest show on turf teams. We are built very much like them and the Pats. Pound per pound, we match up.

Rayman70

Reaction score
NO....Cooper is no Playmaker. Cooper kind of worries me, because I've heard and read several times that he often acts as of he doesn't even really love what he is doing....he always seems to give that vibe to me when I watch him. 88 was hands down the best player/coach the Cowboys have ever had....and it isn't even close. Invaluable!!!
You must have missed the Skins game and a host of others in 2018.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I don't think many fans understand just how special the Triplets were.
Aikman was FIERCELY COMPETITIVE and was an obsessive perfectionist. He was deadly accurate and efficient once he got an offensive line to protect him.
Emmitt was EXTREMELY DURABLE and was a work horse. You don't find backs like him anymore. Emmitt is willing the Cowboys to win with a separated shoulder. Zeke gakes himself out of the game after every 15 yard run. :rolleyes:
Irvin was EXTREMELY PASSIONATE. He wanted to win above anything else. You could put him on any other team, and he would be the same - fierce, fiery and passionate. Amari checked out once the Raiders cooled on him. He doesn't have Irvin's passion. He's good, but that's a lot based on talent. Michael worked his tail off because he wasn't the fastest so he knew he needed to develop an advantage.

It's going to be hard to duplicate the Triplets, who brought us three Super Bowl wins. Maybe if this three (Dak, Zeke and Amari) can bring us one, I'll start entertaining the possibility.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Some don't like it, but I add a little Tobasco and that makes all the difference.
:lmao: Yeppers, as when it's sauté with that modern culinary marvel ,,,most folks just chomp on thru the bay leaves instead of setting them aside on their plates:lmao2:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think many fans understand just how special the Triplets were.
Aikman was FIERCELY COMPETITIVE and was an obsessive perfectionist. He was deadly accurate and efficient once he got an offensive line to protect him.
Emmitt was EXTREMELY DURABLE and was a work horse. You don't find backs like him anymore. Emmitt is willing the Cowboys to win with a separated shoulder. Zeke gakes himself out of the game after every 15 yard run. :rolleyes:
Irvin was EXTREMELY PASSIONATE. He wanted to win above anything else. You could put him on any other team, and he would be the same - fierce, fiery and passionate. Amari checked out once the Raiders cooled on him. He doesn't have Irvin's passion. He's good, but that's a lot based on talent. Michael worked his tail off because he wasn't the fastest so he knew he needed to develop an advantage.

It's going to be hard to duplicate the Triplets, who brought us three Super Bowl wins. Maybe if this three (Dak, Zeke and Amari) can bring us one, I'll start entertaining the possibility.

I may be wrong, but I don't think most that are talking about this are necessarily thinking of a new trio in terms of having the same talent level and intangibles as that group as much as they are just the idea of having a very good player at all three positions and keeping them together for an extended time.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Until this team wins something, they don't need the triplets because they have the Hot Boyz! Their calendar will be out soon with them in jockstraps and chaps.