Could we be seeing the rebirth of the Triplets?

visionary

Reaction score
https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...g-of-a-new-triplets-dak-prescott-amari-cooper

They say history repeats itself, and we could be looking at a rerun in Dallas.

The Cowboys of the nineties were lead by three future Hall of Famers Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith, and Michael Irvin on offense. An accurate passer, elite level runner and a clutch receiver. Now the modern-day version is lead by three top-shelf players in their own right. Dak Prescott has won more games than any quarterback since 2016 not named Tom Brady. Ezekiel Elliott has two rushing crowns in his first three years. And Amari Cooper is a multiple time pro bowler and one of the best receivers in the game. The similarities, however, don't end there.
It’s surely trending that way.

“Could we”?

“Could we”?

“COULD WE”?

Man, you’re such a hater

visionary

Reaction score
There are a couple of things that could be a problem these days. One is a salary cap. The Cowboys were able to keep the original triplets together for several years before a cap was in place. Now teams have to juggle how to pay everyone. The other is, unfortunately, that Zeke is proving to be a bit of a wild card in that his off the field behavior could affect his on th field availability. Of course, back in the day Irvin was a bit of a wild card to, but the NFL did not scrutinize and suspend players then like they do now, plus Irvin was known to be the most dedicated player on the team in practicing and preparing and coordinating with Troy and the offense, so he did not let off the field stuff affect what he did on the field.

Yep, it’s pretty clear “Zeke is the wild card” because Dak=Aikman and Amari = Irvin

:laugh:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
All the negative whiny comments on this thread are a sad commentary on people these days. The author didn't say anything about them being as good as the original triplets but just that these players are good enough to be their own version. Yet the usual suspects ***** and complain about comparing them to the original version. Instead of embracing the mere fact that they might be a decent version, they attack. They think that because their on social media they are immune from any retributions. Like hiding behind a keyboard gives them immunity. I feel sorry for all of you.

Last edited:

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
All the negative whiny comments on this thread are a sad commentary on people these days. The author didn't say anything about them being as good as the original triplets but just that these players are good enough to be their own version. Yet the usual suspects ***** and complain about comparing them to the original version. Instead of embracing the mere fact that they might be a decent version, they attack. I feel sorry for all of you.
Oh shut up. You accuse anyone who disagrees with your opinion a hater or a whiner. You're the biggest hater on here always resorting to insulting people if you don't like what they have to say. It's so predictable that it's funny. I knew what you would be doing before I even clicked on the thread and I wasn't disappointed...

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
No. That tandem was better than anything we've had to date. I'd even go as far as saying I'd take Romo, Murray and Dez over what we have now, but that's just me.

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
Yesterday the QB and receivers were possibly going to make Zeke expendable today he is a part of the triplets. Alrighty then

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Oh shut up. You accuse anyone who disagrees with your opinion a hater or a whiner. You're the biggest hater on here always resorting to insulting people if you don't like what they have to say. It's so predictable that it's funny. I knew what you would be doing before I even clicked on the thread and I wasn't disappointed...
Case in point. Telling someone to shut up hiding behind their keyboard. You a baaaad man.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep, it’s pretty clear “Zeke is the wild card” because Dak=Aikman and Amari = Irvin

:laugh:

Yep, that's what I said .. but wait, I didn't, did I? Hmmm, imagine that.

The obvious point was only regarding a moniker based on 3 players being very productive together for a number of years, which I clearly said they had not done.

And the obvious point about Zeke regarded his too frequent problems with public image and had nothing to do with talent.

Last edited:

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Yep, that’s just you. :facepalm:

If the big 3 we have now make the Hall of Fame, and supplant the accomplishments of those in the 1990s I will be proven wrong. But I can't help but chuckle at the thought of comparing the 2.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
If the big 3 we have now make the Hall of Fame, and supplant the accomplishments of those in the 1990s I will be proven wrong. But I can't help but chuckle at the thought of comparing the 2.
Again, no one is comparing the 2. Jeez. They’re just saying they could be a newer version.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
A rebirth of the triplets? Whoa . . . that'd be great if only the preponderance of evidence comes to prove as much.

Until then, let's dismiss that idea as wishful thinking, awaiting further proof. Let's just hope it becomes factual. ;)

I'll surely admit there's a reasonabe cause to hope for such accolades to be tossed their way. Let's see about that.

Last edited:

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Again, no one is comparing the 2. Jeez. They’re just saying they could be a newer version.
You're right. If we sign them all they will be the newer version. Rereading it nobody said they would be just as good, just the new version.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...g-of-a-new-triplets-dak-prescott-amari-cooper

They say history repeats itself, and we could be looking at a rerun in Dallas.

The Cowboys of the nineties were lead by three future Hall of Famers Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith, and Michael Irvin on offense. An accurate passer, elite level runner and a clutch receiver. Now the modern-day version is lead by three top-shelf players in their own right. Dak Prescott has won more games than any quarterback since 2016 not named Tom Brady. Ezekiel Elliott has two rushing crowns in his first three years. And Amari Cooper is a multiple time pro bowler and one of the best receivers in the game. The similarities, however, don't end there.
It’s surely trending that way.
You are putting the cart before the horse. It's a nice idea but let's win a conference title first.