Could we get Peterson to agree to a Hardy deal?

Fredd

Reaction score
well, thank GOD that we have another AP thread...I was getting worried it was going to die down....

TwentyOne

Reaction score
I think we just spent our Luck deal.

I dont view the Hardy deal as a lucky deal for us. He can earn up to the franchise tag sum he got in 2014.

the only positive in this deal is that there are no negativ effects if we cut him.

This deal is much more positive for Hardy then for us.

Hardline

Reaction score
It really is.

AP in Dallas makes way to much sense.

The time is now. 20 years we have been waiting. The time is now.

AP wants to be a Dallas Cowboy.

I would guess winning a SB, is as important to him as it is to, #cowboyszone. He is just as hungry for it, as we are.

His time is running out. Romos time is running out. Wittens time is running out.
The Cowboys were right there last season.

We have what seems to be the making of a "Great Wall of Dallas".

We have Kraken now!

Good young players. Maybe the best WR in football.

A coaching staff that is making all the right moves. JG coming into his own. Coordinators that are some of the best in the league.

The time is now.......... We need AP , and he needs us.....its a perfect match.

Lets get this done. Lets lay it all out there. And see what happens....

We don't have to mortgage the future to do it, either....Give a little, but not the "everything"

get AP. 3 years. 3 SBs.... Romo goes down as one of the greatest QBs ever to play the game. Which I think he is. But doesn't get the credit because of the playoff record.

The time is now. 35 years I have been watching Cowboys Football. I cant remember looking forward to a season, more then I am looking forward to this one.

Sign AP, and the Cowboys excitement will be off the hook. There will be only one goal. SB.
No more, "lets just make playoffs".....

I'm tired of Philly. Eli,
I'm tired of Seattle/Carroll....GB/Rodgers.
Its been 20 Years....

If not right now? Then when? The time is right now. Sign him.

Post of the month

DenCWBY

Reaction score
I truly think they are going to take a major run at AP to be here. Romo on his last leg. They put hardy on a short term plan. JJ is pushing all his chips to the middle of the table for 2015.
We'll see

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I seriously doubt it...............AP still has some tread left on his tires and corporal punishment is looked at differently than smacking your girl around.

I bet 90% of the members got spanked growing up, sometimes with a belt or switches...........I got the belt across my backside many times growing up when I did something I was not supposed to do.

Yea, Peterson took it a little too far but its still not the same as beating the crap out of your girl.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
I have no idea why anyone thinks Peterson (assuming he's cut) would command dollars that Hardy wasn't able to command. If anything Hardy's relative youth and the greater importance of his position would suggest the opposite. But I'm all ears if others want to justify their claims in that regard.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
That's the only kind of deal that I would be interested in. We don't need an expensive RB.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
I would be shocked if Dallas went after AP now. They have Hardy that has substantial baggage and it will create enough of a stir. Bringing in another guy with recent baggage is too much...IMO.

The more baggage the better for this team. Dallas is always in the limelight and Jerry loves the attention good or bad.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Listen when I went out and bought my mattress this afternoon, the Mattress clerk told me that AP was signing with Dallas. He told me that the liquor clerk guy was his brother.

Wood

Reaction score
The more I think about it I want every contract singed by Dallas to be game-to-game.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Word going around is that he might get out right released.

No team in there right mind is going to trade for him with draft picks. They all know Minnesota don't want him and will eventually be released. AP doesn't want to be there either as we already know.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Looking ahead on the free agency class

Next year only Dez, Hardy and Crawford are worthy of resigning. I would put Hardy as the most important considering he has a year like he is capable and isn't in any trouble. I would lock him up even before Dez. I wouldn't mind seeing us franchise Dez again and retain Crawford on a good deal for both sides.
In 2017 Frederick will be the focal point in free agency with Wilcox, Church and Twill getting consideration but for sure replaceable.
So in the next 2 years of free agency we have 3 must resigns, Dez, Hardy and Fredrick. We should be able to get it done especially considering that in 2018 we will be just about completely cleared of all the horrible dead money. I have to applaud the Joneses for getting us out of this mess.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
I truly think they are going to take a major run at AP to be here. Romo on his last leg. They put hardy on a short term plan. JJ is pushing all his chips to the middle of the table for 2015.
We'll see

So we become the Dream Team?