Could You Be Talked Into Vontaze Burfict and Melvin Ingram?

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
What if he's a free-lancing, make some plays, miss some plays Troy Polamalu type? Sometimes he'll change a game, and others he'll make you pull your hair out.

realtick

Benched
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;4224221 said:
What if he's a free-lancing, make some plays, miss some plays Troy Polamalu type? Sometimes he'll change a game, and others he'll make you pull your hair out.

I get you're thinking but Polamalu ain't half-arsing it. Ray Lewis, who he gets compared to a lot ain't half-arsing it.

It seems to be he likes to come down hill on plays that are in front of him to try to blow up. Otherwise, (not saying always, but a lot...) it seems like if the play gets past him or too far to the left or right, he's disinterested.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Manti Te'o is better than Burfict. Definitely a safer pick.

I would not be suprised to see Burfict drop into the 2nd round.

realtick

Benched
Reaction score
xwalker;4224746 said:

Neither would I.

In fact, IMHO, I'd take him off my draft board unless he fell ridculously low (into the 4th or lower). I don't mind the attitude (I actually like it), but can't stand the lack effort.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
To be fair on the prince run and sweep td he wasn't going to get there no matter what. So if he's going to be a wrecking ball he has to choose his battles. There's something to be said for him always being the first target for guards getting to the 2nd level

Melkiper
You have to like the athleticism and difference-making ability of ASU's super talented JR LB Vontaze Burfict. Highlight film sack vs UCLA.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
xwalker;4224746 said:
Manti Te'o is better than Burfict. Definitely a safer pick.

I am a big Te'o fan, but I don't agree. Burfict is better. But I would not be surprised if Burfict free falls either. Rep plus production (2011 not as good as 2010) will hurt him. And I don't expect him to make it up at combines. Should be athletic enough, but body will not wow anyone.

However, if Burfict is there in 2nd, Cowboys (or any team) would be fools not to take him. Burfict is good enough to play any of the LB positions in Rob Ryan's scheme. His intensity, hard hitting, instincts & athleticism does not grow on trees.