CFZ Couple of quick thoughts the day after last night's close loss!

Mr_437

Reaction score
You act like that is all some rare event that's never happened before nor will happen again.

Dak says "the bear comes in poor honey on me"...then steps out of bounds with the bear still arms length away...that's competing?

I...am NOT encouraged we stumbled happenstance upon ways to lose.
Nah, I look at penalties, non calls, flags picked up, and a game of inches. I see fixable issues to why they loss, now whether they fix them is on the coaches but it's very doable.

rambo2

Reaction score
You act like that is all some rare event that's never happened before nor will happen again.

Dak says "the bear comes in poor honey on me"...then steps out of bounds with the bear still arms length away...that's competing?

I...am NOT encouraged we stumbled happenstance upon ways to lose.
I'm very encouraged. The Cowboys should beat the Eagles the next time they play.

Old'Boyfan

Reaction score
I'm very encouraged. The Cowboys should beat the Eagles the next time they play.
And by then it will hardly matter. The 'Boys, IF they get a wild card, will be on the road throughout.
And that won't work out either.

visionary

Reaction score
Agree with all your opinions.

-Slot corner will be a need this offseason. Can one of your prospects win the job?
-Fixing the run game to me is the #1 priority, cannot expect Dak to carry this team on a game to game basis. Solari hasn't improved the run game at all.
-Just cannot figure out why Cooks is such a non-factor, it is the scheme, Dak not being on the same page? Seems like Turpin is the only other receiver that makes an impact outside of Lamb/Ferg.
-Team has to play cleaner football, it's killing them on both sides of the football.
-Really believe this team is close, but coaching/scheme has to get better.
This team would have won yesterday abd have a legit SB chance if we had Henry or Connor

conner01

Reaction score
Agree with all your opinions.

-Slot corner will be a need this offseason. Can one of your prospects win the job?
-Fixing the run game to me is the #1 priority, cannot expect Dak to carry this team on a game to game basis. Solari hasn't improved the run game at all.
-Just cannot figure out why Cooks is such a non-factor, it is the scheme, Dak not being on the same page? Seems like Turpin is the only other receiver that makes an impact outside of Lamb/Ferg.
-Team has to play cleaner football, it's killing them on both sides of the football.
-Really believe this team is close, but coaching/scheme has to get better.
We have to be able to run the ball. I don’t know if it’s coaching, effort, dinged up players ot what but that’s the key to the offense

JustChip

Reaction score
Clearly the Cowboys matchup better against the Eagles then the 49ers.
True, and not surprising given they’re Division foes.

But don’t discount the schedule luck. The Eagled get SF, Miami & Buffalo at home; Dallas plays them on the road. Good teams win tough games in the road, but it certainly makes it more difficult.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
This team would have won yesterday abd have a legit SB chance if we had Henry or Conno
They would of scored at the 1, but OL still is struggling and when they get a big gain, it’s always called back for a penalty

JustChip

Reaction score
I agree. These teams were almost assuredly going to split the games before and nothing has changed that.

visionary

Reaction score
They would of scored at the 1, but OL still is struggling and when they get a big gain, it’s always called back for a penalty
Yeah, every first and goal and 3rd and short had no threat of the run
Absolutely pathetic by the Joneses to not trade for a legit RB at the trade deadline

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Yeah, every first and goal and 3rd and short had no threat of the run
Absolutely pathetic by the Joneses to not trade for a legit RB at the trade deadline
You need two to dance, Tenn was only trading Henry if a team would overpay.

visionary

Reaction score
You need two to dance, Tenn was only trading Henry if a team would overpay.
Agree but you cant tell me no bottom dweller would part with a power RB for a mid round pick or 2

We should have drafted one last year when most of us were begging for it

Dakota

Reaction score
Well another silver lining to come out of Sunday's moral victory. Because the eagles did not bulldoze us, many of the power rankings have dropped them out of 1st and replaced them with the Ravens!!!!

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Agree but you cant tell me no bottom dweller would part with a power RB for a mid round pick or 2

We should have drafted one last year when most of us were begging for it
I wanted Charbonnet in the draft, he has looked good thus far for the Seahawks. I think the issues with running the football are more about scheme fitting with our personnel.