Courtland Sutton looks like a monster in this game

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Sometimes you don’t get the first round vibe from him. In this one you definetely do.

You see some traits in this game that may give you second thoughts before you toss your remote control through the TV when he’s the 19th pick.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
yup,going by the video...he's basically Dez. A jump ball receiver.
I don't understand the enfatuation with Courtland Sutton (or most any of the other receivers)? Why? He's slow, gets no separation, is not quick, is not in any way a deep threat, he's simply not what our Offense needs. He is terribly overrated and overhyped.

DJ Chark is going to tear it up in the NFL. He's tall, super fast, has good quickness and good route running, gets separation often and can consistently beat you deep, underneath or spread opposing Defenses out, which our Offense needs in order to keep Defenses honest and allow our slower receiving crew to get open underneath. Plus, DJ Chark can return punts and run jet sweeps, end-arounds and reverses as well.

Once again, the film doesn't lie about Chark's abilities.

Last edited:

reddyuta

Reaction score
I dont think they are that interested in Chark at all.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I don't understand the enfatuation with Courtland Sutton (or most any of the other receivers)? Why? He's slow, gets no separation, is not quick, is not in any way a deep threat, he's simply not what our Offense needs. He is terribly overrated and overhyped.

DJ Chark is going to tear it up in the NFL. He's tall, super fast, has good quickness and good route running, gets separation often and can consistently beat you deep, underneath or spread opposing Defenses out, which our Offense needs in order to keep Defenses honest and allow our slower receiving crew to get open underneath. Plus, DJ Chark can return punts and run jet sweeps, end-arounds and reverses as well.

If you look at Suttons combine it's almost identical to AJ Green.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

I love Chark specifically in our offense.

The run game should get him 1 on 1's and if you make 1 mistake on this guy he will blow by you.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
Underrated player by this board. Over the last 3 seasons Sutton had 3,193 yards, averaged 16.64 a catch, and scored 31 TDs. Moore had 2,027 yards, averaged 14.24 a catch, and scored 17 TDs. I like Moore, but he was a firm 2nd - 3rd round pick before the combine and his 4.42 forty. Sutton is going to make somebody a really nice player, but no not at 19.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Underrated player by this board. Over the last 3 seasons Sutton had 3,193 yards, averaged 16.64 a catch, and scored 31 TDs. Moore had 2,027 yards, averaged 14.24 a catch, and scored 17 TDs. I like Moore, but he was a firm 2nd - 3rd round pick before the combine and his 4.42 forty. Sutton is going to make somebody a really nice player, but no not at 19.

It's not that I don't like him. I do like him.

I just know that our team isn't good at getting someone like him the ball. We would be more then fine with the defense taking him away.

This team needs defense, defense, and more defense.

A guard will do more for our offense then another WR.

I'm just sick of this team sinking resources into WR and then using a basic gameplan for them their entire career.

Sutton looks like AJ Green on paper but I don't care if we have Julio or Antonio it's not going to make us a better football team in the big picture with Dak throwing and Jason coaching.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Chark cant catch with his hands.....Why would we want a faster Twill? lol

Because the 1 on 1's our WR's should get and his ridiculous size, speed, and vertical.

Charks best football is ahead of him.

I just hope we trade back with our 1st rounder and get more picks so picking a receiver can be viewed as more of a luxury.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Because the 1 on 1's our WR's should get and his ridiculous size, speed, and vertical.

Charks best football is ahead of him.

I just hope we trade back with our 1st rounder and get more picks so picking a receiver can be viewed as more of a luxury.
Still, I would rather take someone who doesn't need as much work as chark

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Still, I would rather take someone who doesn't need as much work as chark

Fair but he comes in day 1 and stretches out defenses.

Right now we play too compact. Witten said last year he thought it was part of our problem offensively.

Chark moves well and looks like he can develop into more and all we need him to do early in his career is make 10 big plays a year. Catch 60 or 70 balls and give us a home run option.

Our slot and TE will be the chain movers with Dak throwing anyways and Charks speed can create space.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Fair but he comes in day 1 and stretches out defenses.

Right now we play too compact. Witten said last year he thought it was part of our problem offensively.

Chark moves well and looks like he can develop into more and all we need him to do early in his career is make 10 big plays a year. Catch 60 or 70 balls and give us a home run option.

Our slot and TE will be the chain movers with Dak throwing anyways and Charks speed can create space.
Problem is and it has been beaten to death is that Dak's accuracy can dwindle. We need a guy with a big catch radius not another Twill.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Problem is and it has been beaten to death is that Dak's accuracy can dwindle. We need a guy with a big catch radius not another Twill.

Then Sutton is probably your guy.

He's a big man with great body control.