Courtland Sutton looks like a monster in this game

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Yes, this is what I saw. And why I think there are other WRs that are better football players than this guy is and will be

I mean he is young and has potential but he needs a lot of work before he is ready to play a significant role. If it wasn't for his timed speed he would be a 4th round pick. I get that it elevates him but no higher than a 3rd IMO.

kskboys

Reaction score
I don't understand the enfatuation with Courtland Sutton (or most any of the other receivers)? Why? He's slow, gets no separation, is not quick, is not in any way a deep threat, he's simply not what our Offense needs. He is terribly overrated and overhyped.

DJ Chark is going to tear it up in the NFL. He's tall, super fast, has good quickness and good route running, gets separation often and can consistently beat you deep, underneath or spread opposing Defenses out, which our Offense needs in order to keep Defenses honest and allow our slower receiving crew to get open underneath. Plus, DJ Chark can return punts and run jet sweeps, end-arounds and reverses as well.

Once again, the film doesn't lie about Chark's abilities.

I don't get it either.

I think most don't understand what creating separation is or why it's important.

sbark

Reaction score
Problem is and it has been beaten to death is that Dak's accuracy can dwindle. We need a guy with a big catch radius not another Twill.
.......and that is why the offense "played so compact" as Witten said............15 to 20 between the hash marks, 10 yard out timing to the sideline--need accuracy, or its INT time

Spectre

Reaction score
Chark, no. Sutton has focal-point-of-a-passing-game potential. Star potential.
Sutton is the right fit for the offense (and qb). Big target. Good hands. Possession replacement to Dez.

Hurns is a great complementary #2- one that Dak won't even be able to make full use of because of Dak's shortcomings... still a great replacement for Terrancesaurus Williams.

Last edited:

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Sutton reminds me of Ashlon Jeffery with Eagles. I like him but just don't think he fits Dak.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Chark, no. Sutton has focal-point-of-a-passing-game potential. Star potential.
Sutton is the right fit for the offense (and qb). Big target. Good hands. Possession replacement to Dez.

Hurns is a great complementary #2- one that Dak won't even be able to make full use of because of Dak's shortcomings... still a great replacement for Terrancesaurus Williams.

Hurns, Sutton, Witten and Beasley would be about as slow of a receiver group as you could field in the NFL.

Spectre

Reaction score
Hurns, Sutton, Witten and Beasley would be about as slow of a receiver group as you could field in the NFL.
IOW, perfect for Dak because he can't hit players downfield and struggles with accuracy at times.
Hurns can stretch a defense. Beasley probably needs to go elsewhere anyway.
Field a bunch of BIG targets for Dak and the run game. Win.