Courtland Sutton looks like a monster in this game

QT

Reaction score
Dak will be throwing to 2 SMU receivers.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Dj Moore, Michael Gallup. Those are the 2 for me. Great route runners, amazing hands, and great after the catch.

It would be interesting to see DJ Moore here just as an experiment.

I think he would fail hard if he was used like our other X WR's.

Dez Bryant always had the ability to take a 3 yard pass to the house but he was never used that way.

DJ Moore is a runningback at WR. You have to force some throws too him short so he can work. I think Jason just runs him 30 yards downfield all game like he does Dez and wastes him like he did TO & Dez.

phildadon86

Reaction score
It would be interesting to see DJ Moore here just as an experiment.

I think he would fail hard if he was used like our other X WR's.

Dez Bryant always had the ability to take a 3 yard pass to the house but he was never used that way.

DJ Moore is a runningback at WR. You have to force some throws too him short so he can work. I think Jason just runs him 30 yards downfield all game like he does Dez and wastes him like he did TO & Dez.
I am thinking outside of the box, and thinking about what DJ moore will look like next season with a new coaching staff haha

Reaction score
I don't understand the enfatuation with Courtland Sutton (or most any of the other receivers)? Why? He's slow, gets no separation, is not quick, is not in any way a deep threat, he's simply not what our Offense needs. He is terribly overrated and overhyped.

DJ Chark is going to tear it up in the NFL. He's tall, super fast, has good quickness and good route running, gets separation often and can consistently beat you deep, underneath or spread opposing Defenses out, which our Offense needs in order to keep Defenses honest and allow our slower receiving crew to get open underneath. Plus, DJ Chark can return punts and run jet sweeps, end-arounds and reverses as well.

Once again, the film doesn't lie about Chark's abilities.

Chark is a worse body catcher than T Will. He will be known around here as Shark. Swims fast but tiny, useless fins.

Klingo3034

Reaction score
Going to watch his film to see how he plays. Heard he was training with that Robinson route guru.

Gaede

Reaction score
I don't understand the enfatuation with Courtland Sutton (or most any of the other receivers)? Why? He's slow, gets no separation, is not quick, is not in any way a deep threat, he's simply not what our Offense needs. He is terribly overrated and overhyped.

DJ Chark is going to tear it up in the NFL. He's tall, super fast, has good quickness and good route running, gets separation often and can consistently beat you deep, underneath or spread opposing Defenses out, which our Offense needs in order to keep Defenses honest and allow our slower receiving crew to get open underneath. Plus, DJ Chark can return punts and run jet sweeps, end-arounds and reverses as well.

Yup. Given the choice of Sutton and Chark, give me Chark

Reaction score
Strictly your opinion. Does he drop a oass or two? Sure. Name me any receiver who doesn't? His talent though can't be dismissed.

Not just my opinion. This is what the scouting reports have said. And it's not the drops, it's the body catching. If you're not a natural hands catcher, that skill is hard to teach this late. If you cant catch with your hands out in front of your body, and have to wait for ball to get into your body, in the NFL, that gives DBs more time to break up the pass. Which makes you a mediocre NFL receiver. Terrence Williams is a great example.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Not just my opinion. This is what the scouting reports have said. And it's not the drops, it's the body catching. If you're not a natural hands catcher, that skill is hard to teach this late. If you cant catch with your hands out in front of your body, and have to wait for ball to get into your body, in the NFL, that gives DBs more time to break up the pass. Which makes you a mediocre NFL receiver. Terrence Williams is a great example.
Did you watch the videos of him (combine, highlights and senior bowl) that I posted? A majority of his catches are passes caught with his hands.

Reaction score
Did you watch the videos of him (combine, highlights and senior bowl) that I posted? A majority of his catches are passes caught with his hands.

I've seen alot of videos of full games on draftbreakdown.com, and read scouting reports, where he's catching with his body in traffic. But I dont mind the guy and he certainly has size/speed to be a downfield threat. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but to me, he has some bust potential. And I would rather a guy like Anthony Miller.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I've seen alot of videos of full games on draftbreakdown.com, and read scouting reports, where he's catching with his body in traffic. But I dont mind the guy and he certainly has size/speed to be a downfield threat. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but to me, he has some bust potential. And I would rather a guy like Anthony Miller.
5'11" Anthony Miller who ran a 4.52 40?

No thanks.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
He looks slow even against Tulane.

No, no.

No.

No again.

Did I say no?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

That film of highlights and combine drills is misleading because if biases out all the bad plays.

Chark was maddeningly inconsistent at LSU. He would drop balls, look lost on routes, and show general poor discipline.

I also don't know how you can say he has good quickness when he dodged agility drills twice and looks like a straight line athlete on tape.

http://draftbreakdown.com/category/wide-receiver-2018/d.j.-chark/

There are 4 games of his. It is not all roses like your highlight reels.

Reaction score
That film of highlights and combine drills is misleading because if biases out all the bad plays.

Chark was maddeningly inconsistent at LSU. He would drop balls, look lost on routes, and show general poor discipline.

I also don't know how you can say he has good quickness when he dodged agility drills twice and looks like a straight line athlete on tape.

http://draftbreakdown.com/category/wide-receiver-2018/d.j.-chark/

There are 4 games of his. It is not all roses like your highlight reels.

Yes, this is what I saw. And why I think there are other WRs that are better football players than this guy is and will be