Courtland Sutton should be the pick at 19, in my opinion

Billyd

Reaction score
Funny that a scout as thought of as Dane wouldn't mention being soft... unless, maybe they are just a narrative that somebody wants to tell.... just sayin'

Here are his weakness according to Dane and they don't mention anything like "soft at the point of attack."

WEAKNESSES: Needs to calm his feet to face up the ballcarrier and make open-field stops…slight lower body stiffness shows when he attempts to quickly redirect, over-running ballcarriers…long arms, but immature take-on skills…more of a battering ram at the point of attack and needs to develop his hand technique…slowed by road blocks mid-pursuit…inconsistent results as an edge-setter…late bloomer physically and still adjusting to the transformation…only one season of starting experience…durability will be questioned after an injury-riddled 2016 campaign, missing seven games.

Its okay, i dont mind bring the pain..Too many fans are wishing lve is Smith or Edmounds. I WISH Evans hadnt pissed off the combine..He is a superior lbr to Lve, right now anyway!

Billyd

Reaction score
Funny that a scout as thought of as Dane wouldn't mention being soft... unless, maybe they are just a narrative that somebody wants to tell.... just sayin'

Here are his weakness according to Dane and they don't mention anything like "soft at the point of attack."

WEAKNESSES: Needs to calm his feet to face up the ballcarrier and make open-field stops…slight lower body stiffness shows when he attempts to quickly redirect, over-running ballcarriers…long arms, but immature take-on skills…more of a battering ram at the point of attack and needs to develop his hand technique…slowed by road blocks mid-pursuit…inconsistent results as an edge-setter…late bloomer physically and still adjusting to the transformation…only one season of starting experience…durability will be questioned after an injury-riddled 2016 campaign, missing seven games.

Cap i think its there, at least you are aware of his warts..If you think he is first round value, take him, and i wouldnt put it past the cowboys to do it and try to sell the fans burning the chairs at the draft!!

ID Rather Vea or Payne, but whoever dropped that load is laughing right now....No i smell Moore, But im praying they are running the tape of Green getting pushed back into the hole and Elliot getting blown up in the zone there, or Daks face with tackles penetrating in the gap..See if brutal honesty gets some action..Lol

Cap12

Reaction score
Its okay, i dont mind bring the pain..Too many fans are wishing lve is Smith or Edmounds. I WISH Evans hadnt pissed off the combine..He is a superior lbr to Lve, right now anyway!
I'll admit that I have not seen toms of LVE. I've seen Highlight film and was impressed. He looked good against Oregon (which was the only game I saw him play live on TV). Evans does not have ideal size to play Mike in a 4-3, but could play a liitle (and play Wil if Lee goes down). He's more an ideal 3-4 player according Dane and others.

Cap12

Reaction score
Cap i think its there, at least you are aware of his warts..If you think he is first round value, take him, and i wouldnt put it past the cowboys to do it and try to sell the fans burning the chairs at the draft!!

ID Rather Vea or Payne, but whoever dropped that load is laughing right now....No i smell Moore, But im praying they are running the tape of Green getting pushed back into the hole and Elliot getting blown up in the zone there, or Daks face with tackles penetrating in the gap..See if brutal honesty gets some action..Lol
I'd rather have Vea too, but he'll likely be gone. I'm not as down on LVE as you are Dane thinks his issue is hand technique which can be learned. From all I've heard, the kid is coachable, so you may see some improvement on his point of attack play (though from what I've seen, he's fine, if not a killer like Evans).

Dbeastmode21

Reaction score
Sutton is not the right Guy for us.allen hurns is the same type of player.this offense needs speed for some deep threat Ridley or moore would be great.it opens up the run as well

Billyd

Reaction score
I'll admit that I have not seen toms of LVE. I've seen Highlight film and was impressed. He looked good against Oregon (which was the only game I saw him play live on TV). Evans does not have ideal size to play Mike in a 4-3, but could play a liitle (and play Wil if Lee goes down). He's more an ideal 3-4 player according Dane and others.

What i would do is let him compete with Wilson at the sam and send him after the qb like they did with smith last year..

And dev him for the sam or alt at the mike some..Evans is 232..Put 5-10 pounds on him and he would be a fine mike..He is violent, has football speed and Is the best blitzing lbr in thec draft.

Cap12

Reaction score
Sutton is not the right Guy for us.allen hurns is the same type of player.this offense needs speed for some deep threat Ridley or moore would be great.it opens up the run as well
Thompson is supposed to give us that Butler type of play. Too many holes to worry about improving the WR room to take one at 19. LB is a crying need.

Cap12

Reaction score
What i would do is let him compete with Wilson at the sam and send him after the qb like they did with smith last year..

And dev him for the sam or alt at the mike some..Evans is 232..Put 5-10 pounds on him and he would be a fine mike..He is violent, has football speed and Is the best blitzing lbr in thec draft.
That would work. I'd be honestly happy with either, I just think LVE is a better fit for what we do. I also like him better in coverage.

Billyd

Reaction score

Im not really a fan of taking a wr there, Ridley a great technician has all you want as a wr, but his size worries me. Moore has the size, speed, explosive ness but i cant make him a x or y as a rookie..

He doesnt really have to be..But hes a first round pick so you live and die with his maturation...ID rather Gallup, St.xxxx Lower rd.

Billyd

Reaction score
That would work. I'd be honestly happy with either, I just think LVE is a better fit for what we do. I also like him better in coverage.

As long as you sell it as what he is, taking a dev project at one.
PRAY YOU DONT MISS, and that he doesnt get exposed too early...Either way, lee goes down..its over..Especially if these fools dont get a solid 1 tech.

Billyd

Reaction score
Too many 2nd WRs....Kirk is my guy....i like Sutton just prefer a LB or DT at 19
Yes I prefer the one tech,But if i do ill be kicking myself until i get a pnp gd..and if i have to draft back up to get one....lol

Dbeastmode21

Reaction score
Thompson isember: 40198"]Thompson is supposed to give us that Butler type of play. Too many holes to worry about improving the WR room to take one at 19. LB is a crying need.
Yeah lb is a crying need i agree with that i am just not sold on lve hé looks soft to me but maybe Sean Lee ll teach him

Billyd

Reaction score
GONNA make sure i made it clear..There is only two lbrs with first round value..The analysts will tell you different, and so will the Cowboys!

Billyd

Reaction score
Yeah lb is a crying need i agree with that i am.just not sold on lve hé looks soft to me buy maybe Sean Lee ll teach him

Lol...im.not sure lee can teach anybody at the speed it needs to happen..I was kinda hoping Smith and him bought bunk beds and they locked them in together in the offseason!

Cap12

Reaction score
As long as you sell it as what he is, taking a dev project at one.
PRAY YOU DONT MISS, and that he doesnt get exposed too early...Either way, lee goes down..its over..Especially if these fools dont get a solid 1 tech.
I'm not sure I'd consider LVE a project. A lot of his game seems to translate to the pros and the kid is a hard worker and very coachable. Most importantly, it seems that once he gets a hold of a guy, he goes down. Guys that just hit hard and don't wrap up well coming out of school learn that NFL players can take a hard hit, but still stay on their feet. That used to drive me crazy about JJ Wilcox (aside from some of his atrocious angles). He'd pop a guy and people would ooh and aww and then the guy would come out of the pack, still on his feet and run for another 5 or 6 yards until someone would tackle him.

I think Collins played well enough at 1T. If by some miracle we get Vita Vea, I'd love to see him playing 3T with Collns at 1T. Vea is an athletic freak and could be the best DT since Suh,

Hadenough

Reaction score
I like Sutton but more like late first early second. Ridley is very smooth route runner and gets in and out of his breaks so quick he will always be able to get open. Sutton is big and runs pretty good but may struggle to get separation and we all know Dak doesnt throw a jump ball well.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I like Sutton but more like late first early second. Ridley is very smooth route runner and gets in and out of his breaks so quick he will always be able to get open. Sutton is big and runs pretty good but may struggle to get separation and we all know Dak doesnt throw a jump ball well.

Ridley will move the chains, Sutton will be a much bigger red zone threat.

A lot of people have been clamoring for speed, but speed without the ability to run routes won't get you open down field. Ridley is a good mixture of both.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Thompson is supposed to give us that Butler type of play. Too many holes to worry about improving the WR room to take one at 19. LB is a crying need.
Hurns 2yr deal.
Thompson 1yr deal.
Body-Catcher probably last season.
Beas maybe last season.
OG Martin 1yr deal.
OT Fleming 1yr deal.
DLaw might be last season if we dont re-sign.
LOTTA holes there in 2019...might plan ahead with 10 pix now.
Help your team now and with an eye on the next few seasons.