Courtland Sutton should be the pick at 19, in my opinion

Cap12

Reaction score
most think if we draft LVE,he's the M.
Jaylon Smith is the M...
Lee...Wilson at OLB...LVE will be in a rotation til he's ready to start.

how confident are you that TWill can catch it...and be ready for training camp?
WR,LB,OG need to be addressed within the 1st 3.
however the order,they need to be addressed.

I have more confidence in Jaylon Smith than TWill....as for Lee,I hope we're not drafting a LB at 19 to sit and wait for Lee to get hurt.
Jaylon starts at M....I believe they move him or sit him when I see it.....they dont sound like they are at the pre-draft presser.
I want a starter at 19....and help for our franchise QB.
Ridley or Sutton at 19.
DaShawn Hand,DT or Malik Jefferson,LB in the 2nd.
Darrius Leonard,LB or Tavarius Moore in the 3rd.

if Im wrong and its Evans or LvE,Im good with it.But WR is a need and makes sense at 19.
If drafted, LVE will earn the job in camp. Book it!

Does this not sound like a starter? LVE's strengths according to Dane's Beast!

STRENGTHS: Lateral range to mirror and pursuit speed to close…plant-and-drive quickness to unlock and go…high football intelligence…backfield vision and toughness to scrape down the line and find the correct gap…functional strength to find work in the trenches…gets skinny through gaps with budding skills as a blitzer…coordinated feet to control his movements in coverage…effective in his zone drops, using his eyes to feel routes and find passing lanes…strikes with pop in his pads, tackling low and bringing his legs with him…motor doesn’t quit and defends both sidelines…workable body type with length, adding 40+ pounds since he arrived in Boise…team captain with impressive character on and off the field…self-starter and quickly proved his worth as a walk-on, earning a scholarship during his redshirt season (Boise State head coach Bryan Harsin: “He’s not lucky, he’s a hard worker.”)…highly productive 2017 season, ranking fifth in the FBS with 141 tackles.

Buzz words and phrases: "motor does not quit", "defends both sidelines", "strikes with pop in his pads", "impressive character" Just what you want in a starting Mike LB

Cap12

Reaction score
Now let me make sure you just said a guard is not the biggest need on the team.So you are moving Collins to guard, and Fleming to tackle so once again we have no swing tackle when smiths back goes out..8-8 next!
Or you draft a G in the 3rd or 4th or start Martin at G who can play and use Fleming as a swing tackle. I know Cowboys fans are spoiled but you don't need 5 All-Pros on the OL.

Billyd

Reaction score
Yeah, they looked great last year when all those guys ran for over 100 yards against us when Lee and Hitchens were out. Thomas isn't a big (if any) upgrade over Wilbur. Jaylon is still finding his legs and Wilson was inconsistent at best. A WR or G is not the biggest need on this team. There are guys we can draft in the 3rd or 4th round who easily start at G or contribute at WR.

Im thinking a couple of guys in the mid rounds sammiched between another pick with size that we can bring along dev with good upside...Prolly...Lve is not the one..If we have to develop then lets get at least a mlb that can play mlb..
Or you draft a G in the 3rd or 4th or start Martin at G who can play and use Fleming as a swing tackle. I know Cowboys fans are spoiled but you don't need 5 All-Pros on the OL.

How do you know im a cowboys fan..Im doubting you are right now..Lets get some logic..who is Martin? Will a plug and play guard be avail at 50? ON THE ROSTER RIGHT NOW, Martin, Martin, and Collins playing tackle..No..Im Not spoiled im scared..Close!

Billyd

Reaction score

Thats what happened last year bro..Our offensive line is our skill position..im sure what ever team you are a fan of doesnt want a gd in the first round..Lol

cowboyec

Reaction score

STRENGTHS: Lateral range to mirror and pursuit speed to close…plant-and-drive quickness to unlock and go…high football intelligence…backfield vision and toughness to scrape down the line and find the correct gap…functional strength to find work in the trenches…gets skinny through gaps with budding skills as a blitzer…coordinated feet to control his movements in coverage…effective in his zone drops, using his eyes to feel routes and find passing lanes…strikes with pop in his pads, tackling low and bringing his legs with him…motor doesn’t quit and defends both sidelines…workable body type with length, adding 40+ pounds since he arrived in Boise…team captain with impressive character on and off the field…self-starter and quickly proved his worth as a walk-on, earning a scholarship during his redshirt season (Boise State head coach Bryan Harsin: “He’s not lucky, he’s a hard worker.”)…highly productive 2017 season, ranking fifth in the FBS with 141 tackles.

Buzz words and phrases: "motor does not quit", "defends both sidelines", "strikes with pop in his pads", "impressive character" Just what you want in a starting Mike LB
Im familar with the bio...he's one of my guys Id be good with at 19.
I'll believe this staff....who seems to give the nod to vets on def...starts him when I see it.
He will be eventually,because he's a helluva player...but not day1.
a rookie has a shot to be a day1 starter at WR over the body-catcher with a bad foot or at OG.
at 19...Ridley Sutton or Daniels.
If its LvE or Evans,we better address the other spots.....because these WRs last yr couldnt get open or catch the damn thing.

Billyd

Reaction score

You forgot the most important ones raw and soft taking on guards at the point of attack..Playing out of position at Mike...and the very important ones..Only played one year starting in a lower league of competition..not a first round value!

Cap12

Reaction score
Im thinking a couple of guys in the mid rounds sammiched between another pick with size that we can bring along dev with good upside...Prolly...Lve is not the one..If we have to develop then lets get at least a mlb that can play mlb..

How do you know im a cowboys fan..Im doubting you are right now..Lets get some logic..who is Martin? Will a plug and play guard be avail at 50? ON THE ROSTER RIGHT NOW, Martin, Martin, and Collins playing tackle..No..Im Not spoiled im scared..Close!
Show me another team that has 4 players of T. Smith's, T. Fredrick's, Z. Martin's and L. Collins' caliber on the same O-line? I'm taking about Marcus Martin, who isn't a bad player.

reddyuta

Reaction score
If we really like Sutton then we should move up in the 2nd to get him,no reason to wait and settle .

Cap12

Reaction score
I'll believe this staff....who seems to give the nod to vets on def...starts him when I see it.
a rookie has a shot to be a day1 starter at WR over the body-catcher with a bad foot or at OG.
If its LvE or Evans,we better address the other spots.....because these WRs last yr couldnt get open or catch the damn thing.
Sutton might even need a redshirt. The guy is not NFL ready.

cowboyec

Reaction score
I dont understand the idea we can get a OG later......but we cant get a LB in the 2nd(Malik Jefferson or Fred Warner) or the 3rd(Josey Jewell or Darius Leonard).
I think we should triple dip at LB personally.

Billyd

Reaction score

Yes i think the dev tag is the one im really worried about..Lee prob miss games, Smith i think will be better but we need a player that we can develop in the lower rounds..If People think LVE IS PLUG AND PLAY they are sorely mistaken..Maybe later in season..You could possibly drop him.at the sam, but same thing applies..

Cap12

Reaction score
You forgot the most important ones raw and soft taking on guards at the point of attack..Playing out of position at Mike...and the very important ones..Only played one year starting in a lower league of competition..not a first round value!
Funny that a scout as thought of as Dane wouldn't mention being soft... unless, maybe they are just a narrative that somebody wants to tell.... just sayin'

Here are his weakness according to Dane and they don't mention anything like "soft at the point of attack."

WEAKNESSES: Needs to calm his feet to face up the ballcarrier and make open-field stops…slight lower body stiffness shows when he attempts to quickly redirect, over-running ballcarriers…long arms, but immature take-on skills…more of a battering ram at the point of attack and needs to develop his hand technique…slowed by road blocks mid-pursuit…inconsistent results as an edge-setter…late bloomer physically and still adjusting to the transformation…only one season of starting experience…durability will be questioned after an injury-riddled 2016 campaign, missing seven games.

Billyd

Reaction score
Yes i think the dev tag is the one im really worried about..Lee prob miss games, Smith i think will be better but we need a player that we can develop in the lower rounds..If People think LVE IS PLUG AND PLAY they are sorely mistaken..Maybe later in season..You could possibly drop him.at the sam, but same thing applies..

I dont see sutton as a 1 for sure. DANIELS is plug and play... I dont mind getting riduculed for saying that either..

Billyd

Reaction score
Funny that a scout as thought of as Dane wouldn't mention any of those things... unless, maybe they are just a narrative that somebody wants to tell.... just sayin'

Here are his weakness according to Dane and they don't mention anything like "soft at the point of attack."

WEAKNESSES: Needs to calm his feet to face up the ballcarrier and make open-field stops…slight lower body stiffness shows when he attempts to quickly redirect, over-running ballcarriers…long arms, but immature take-on skills…more of a battering ram at the point of attack and needs to develop his hand technique…slowed by road blocks mid-pursuit…inconsistent results as an edge-setter…late bloomer physically and still adjusting to the transformation…only one season of starting experience…durability will be questioned after an injury-riddled 2016 campaign, missing seven games.

Dont take Danes word for it...snap in the tape and prepare for it!

Billyd

Reaction score
Dont take Danes word for it...snap in the tape and prepare for it!

I THINK he will be a good lbr at some point but he is a outside lbr..His coverage skill and size is what has everybody gaga...Once you see him getting pinned by guards and getting washed, or not bringing the violence it will be easy to see...

Billyd

Reaction score
Funny that a scout as thought of as Dane wouldn't mention being soft... unless, maybe they are just a narrative that somebody wants to tell.... just sayin'

Immature take on skills..That one right there!