Coverage: Cowboys LBs vs Pollard

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Agreed. If we can get Pollard going on the ground forcing teams to bring in a run package then we can take advantage of the matchup. Or we run a hurryup forcing the opponent to keep their run package on the field.

Your thoughs on Jaylon made me rewatch that and ya it does seem like he struggles with the direction changes that require him to turn his hips. Hope other teams don't notice.

It's a little odd as fluid hips were supposed to be a selling point for Jaylon as a prospect. But I have recollections of watching him play last year and thinking his man coverage skills just were less than expected in other flip the hips scenarios.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
The smart thing to do . Is game plan for Elliott not being here. Not like the second season when we had no clue week-to-week. I would love for him to be here but that's beside the point

I'd think they have alternate game plans in general terms at least as a matter of course for when Dak, Elliot, or Cooper are out. Next man up ain't gonna cut it.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Dak really has to work on the the touch on that pass to the right.

He misses a lot to open receivers deep to the right

To the left is far better

There was a thread recently where someone posted a NextGenStats scatter of Dak's targets for 2018. The glaring problem was missing along both sidelines. He was something like 0-17 on his closest sideline throws past 15 yards. Both sides evenly.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There was a thread recently where someone posted a NextGenStats scatter of Dak's targets for 2018. The glaring problem was missing along both sidelines. He was something like 0-17 on his closest sideline throws past 15 yards. Both sides evenly.

Dak Over15 yards in the air QB rating 2018.
Left .. Middle..Right
88 ..... 158 ..... 87

DallasDomination

Reaction score
So now its gone from a TON to a BUNCH. Keep going. Let me know when it gets to A FEW. Which it was.

On at least one miss we saw where Gallup hesitated on his route on the replay.

I get it man, you like dak. But he missed wrs all season and there's no denying that. I guess you can break a few plays down here and there in favor of Dak but nobody cares..

He needs to improve end of story.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I get it man, you like dak. But he missed wrs all season and there's no denying that. I guess you can break a few plays down here and there in favor of Dak but nobody cares..

So a 3rd year QB that wasnt a pocket passer in college needs to improve? Wow, what a revelation. NO kidding.

And the misses were exgerrated. Every QB misses receivers like that. When Dak had to make the throws in clutch time he did. Which is the most important thing.

Sydla

Reaction score
So a 3rd year QB that wasnt a pocket passer in college needs to improve? Wow, what a revelation. NO kidding.

And the misses were exgerrated. Every QB misses receivers like that. When Dak had to make the throws in clutch time he did. Which is the most important thing.

This is an honest question.

At what point can fans expect that Dak will be, or close to being, a finished product?

Because like Garrett, it seems that those that are totally all in with Dak, they often hide behind this notion that these guys are still evolving. It's laughable that an 8th year HC is still apparently learning and improving.

So as it pertains to Dak, at what point can we say he's developed as far as he's going to develop? Year 4? Year 8? Because at some point, Dak is going to be the QB he's going to be.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Cowboys fans see most or all plays by Dak but only tend to see highlight plays by other QB across the league.

Even if Dak complete 75% of deep passes, some fans would only remember the ones that were not completed.

The league average on deep passes is 37% and that's including passes of 20 yards or more in the air.
- The average for 30+ yard passes is even lower.

Dak could be well above average or well below average but the majority of fans would have NO clue which because a 37% completion rate means a lot of incomplete deep passes.

Brax

Reaction score
LOL...….no he didn't. He missed like 4 or 5 and half of those were Gallups fault.

Another troll exaggeration.
troll troll troll troll get away troll you offend me and my Dak crush troll troll troll, @CowboyRoy can't you do better.
away-troll-you-have-no-power-herei-5360389.png

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
This Pollard threads looks a lot like another Dak thread.