Video: CowBites – Time for Pollard?

RaZon

Reaction score
Not sure if he can bea traditional bellcow RB but he's bigger than Aaron Jones from GB. And Jones plays much more snaps than Pollard.

Jones is 5-9, far more compact and thick.

RaZon

Reaction score
It appears it will take....

Jerry.....Zeke ya need a break son, we need ya later. Tony you got this.

Alright so when this WR with a WR body gets hurt remember ...,,that damn RaZon said this was a bad idea using Pollard like a Zeke.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pollard is one of the best yards after contact runners in football.

Zeke’s vicious kick your butt your style isn’t working.

It’s a big play league and big plays will win us games. Not 2.5 yard do nothing runs with no upside.
Yeah...Pollard 3 yard plays against raiders....very impressive!

Zman5

Reaction score
Jones is 5-9, far more compact and thick.
Few 2021 starting RBs

1. Christian McCaffrey, Panthers (5-11, 205 pounds)
  2. Dalvin Cook, Vikings (5-11, 210 pounds)
  3. Derrick Henry, Titans (6-3, 247 pounds)
  4. Alvin Kamara, Saints (5-10, 215 pounds)
  5. Aaron Jones, Packers (5-9, 208 pounds)
  6. Nick Chubb, Browns (5-11, 227 pounds)
  7. Saquon Barkley, Giants (5-11, 233 pounds)
  8. Austin Ekeler, Chargers (5-10, 200 pounds)

As you can see Pollard is big enough to get more snaps. Ironically the guy who has the most "compact" build (Barkley) has been injured the most on that list.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score

I find this interesting.
It is one thing if the official site plays the full videos of the coverage guys talking.

It seems to be another thing when they break up a small sound bite like this from the whole video and put it out.

One wonders if they are finally hearing the fans and are now thinking about making a change so they are floating it out there. I don't know if Jerry and Stephen are that savvy to do that type of thing though.

I’m usually right.

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/tony-pollard’s-speed-needs-to-be-utilized-more-4-wr.489190/page-2

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

I find this interesting.
It is one thing if the official site plays the full videos of the coverage guys talking.

It seems to be another thing when they break up a small sound bite like this from the whole video and put it out.

One wonders if they are finally hearing the fans and are now thinking about making a change so they are floating it out there. I don't know if Jerry and Stephen are that savvy to do that type of thing though.

These type of video came up last year as well. It always gets to the point in the year where its so obvious Pollard is doing better, that these start flooding out.

RaZon

Reaction score
Few 2021 starting RBs

1. Christian McCaffrey, Panthers (5-11, 205 pounds)
  2. Dalvin Cook, Vikings (5-11, 210 pounds)
  3. Derrick Henry, Titans (6-3, 247 pounds)
  4. Alvin Kamara, Saints (5-10, 215 pounds)
  5. Aaron Jones, Packers (5-9, 208 pounds)
  6. Nick Chubb, Browns (5-11, 227 pounds)
  7. Saquon Barkley, Giants (5-11, 233 pounds)
  8. Austin Ekeler, Chargers (5-10, 200 pounds)

As you can see Pollard is big enough to get more snaps. Ironically the guy who has the most "compact" build (Barkley) has been injured the most on that list.

Austin Ekeler

IMG_20211122_111752.jpg

How many on that list were college WR's?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
What I looked up said TP was 216 and Kamara was 217. Either way if you use TP as I can do everything well type of back like the Saints use Kamara then he would be fine and thrive IMO.

Interesting.. I used pro football reference.. I don't think Pollard is 216 though.. the Cowboys still list him at 209. What site did you use?

Zman5

Reaction score
Austin Ekeler

IMG_20211122_111752.jpg

How many on that list were college WR's?
What's does that have to do with anything?Antonio Gibson was college WR. C Patterson was a WR all his career but is now a RB for ATL.

BBGTYCOON

Reaction score
You are bringing substance to your posts, which I respect and appreciate. Let's remember that running backs break, no matter the size. Henry: hurt. Kareem Hunt: hurt. Chubb missed two games, etc.

I think Pollard could handle 12-14 carries per week. Would have zero problem with Clement getting two or three carries a game, even more to while Zeke heals up.
:hammer:

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Jones is listed as 5 9 at 208lbs. Being 3" taller and weighing 7 lbs more is being a bigger player. It's not like Pollards 6-8" taller.

From DallasCowboys.com

Tony Pollard
RUNNING BACK

Experience: 3 years

Height: 6-0

Weight: 209 lbs

College: Memphis

According to this Pollard is 1 pound heavier than Jones but 3 inches taller.. Make of it what you will.. however the assertion that he is bigger is simply not accurate.

Zman5

Reaction score
From DallasCowboys.com

Tony Pollard
RUNNING BACK

Experience: 3 years

Height: 6-0

Weight: 209 lbs

College: Memphis

According to this Pollard is 1 pound heavier than Jones but 3 inches taller.. Make of it what you will.. however the assertion that he is bigger is simply not accurate.

I saw he was 215 on another sight.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
I am a huge Zeke fan. However. Pollard needs a bigger role in the offense. I dont know why they dont run 2 RB sets. Or bounce it out with Pollard with Zeke on the field.

I agree, I just don't understand why Pollard is not getting a bigger roll....its so obvious its crazy...yet the Cowboys Coaches still play Zeke as the main guy... could this be a Coach Jerry Jones decision....

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So you prefer Zeke’s 3 yard plays with no upside of a big play vs Pollards 3 yard carries with upside of him getting loose and scoring?
What I prefer is Kellen Moore stop being a little west coast Boise state beech about an NFL nfce run game.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
What I prefer is Kellen Moore stop being a little west coast Boise state beech about an NFL nfce run game.

I mean he is running about as classic of a run game as possible.

Some west coast / Boise state beech is needed really.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I mean he is running about as classic of a run game as possible.

Some west coast / Boise state beech is needed really.
Nope....you can't run two rbs up the middle all game long for three yards and claim that is "classic "

Well you could but you'd be a moron. No play action. No misdirection. No screens.

Come on brah...really? Defending Moores ONE run play as "classic "....you gotta be kidding.