Video: CowBites – Time for Pollard?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Nope....you can't run two rbs up the middle all game long for three yards and claim that is "classic "

Well you could but you'd be a moron. No play action. No misdirection. No screens.

Come on brah...really? Defending Moores ONE run play as "classic "....you gotta be kidding.

I guess we have different definitions of classic. Mine would be of the archaic variety. Maybe yours is like Coca Cola or something I don’t know.

RaZon

Reaction score
What's does that have to do with anything?Antonio Gibson was college WR. C Patterson was a WR all his career but is now a RB for ATL.

Really not getting this are ya?

Gibson is a 220 pounder, believe what want guy, ok? Pollard has no business pounding an NFL line, simply common sense.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I guess we have different definitions of classic. Mine would be of the archaic variety. Maybe yours is like Coca Cola or something I don’t know.
Running the same play up the gut over and over for 3 yards could be considered classic....if you are woody hayes.

Ooohh kellen Moore the modern offensive genius. Please.....

Zman5

Reaction score
Really not getting this are ya?

Gibson is a 220 pounder, believe what want guy, ok? Pollard has no business pounding an NFL line, simply common sense.

He's also two inches taller at 6'2". So which is it? First it was "you have to be compact". Then it's, "you can't be a college WR". Then "it's OK to be a college WR as long as you are 220LBS". Bottom line, you have no clue.

Pollard can definitely get more carries than what he's been getting.

Last edited:

BEARCATSKLZ

Reaction score
This look like a bell cow RB , hell no!

rolx6d5flnt7gmr3k0wn.jpg

Zeke is 225 pounds of mean, vicious, kick your butt, FEED ME GRRRRRRRRR!!!! Pollard is a 210 pound speedster, his thing is zooming around not WHAM!!!!!

The last thing we need is to get silly with this and get the guy hurt.
Why is this not obvious... Pollard wasn't even a bell cow in college

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
POLLARD DOESN'T NEED TO BE A FULL TIME BACK, we pass the ball 80 percent of the game anyways

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
What I think about Pollard is immaterial. It's what the Cowboys FO and coaching staff think about it.
Jerry is saying he still sees Zeke as the workhorse while they are breaking up a part of a sound clip and putting it out on the official site.

At the very least it should make you go...hmmmm interesting.

personally I think you’re reading way too much into it being on the site.....the whole purpose of those cowbites is to create snippets of conversation, clicks and content that make people watch and listen in the hopes of bringing in more eyes and ears to their shows.

Using the pollard vs zeke debate is a great way to generate traffic and get good conversation started- don’t think it signals an organizational shift from coaches or management.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
personally I think you’re reading way too much into it being on the site.....the whole purpose of those cowbites is to create snippets of conversation, clicks and content that make people watch and listen in the hopes of bringing in more eyes and ears to their shows.

Using the pollard vs zeke debate is a great way to generate traffic and get good conversation started- don’t think it signals an organizational shift from coaches or management.

You could be right and chances are you are right.
Now if Mickey Spagnola starts talking this way...than I know it is from the FO.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

I find this interesting.
It is one thing if the official site plays the full videos of the coverage guys talking.

It seems to be another thing when they break up a small sound bite like this from the whole video and put it out.

One wonders if they are finally hearing the fans and are now thinking about making a change so they are floating it out there. I don't know if Jerry and Stephen are that savvy to do that type of thing though.

pollard? YES!
Since midseason!

Gameover

Reaction score

rolx6d5flnt7gmr3k0wn.jpg

Zeke is 225 pounds of mean, vicious, kick your butt, FEED ME GRRRRRRRRR!!!! Pollard is a 210 pound speedster, his thing is zooming around not WHAM!!!!!

Bell cows get 9 carries a game these days?

Gameover

Reaction score
No…but Cooper Rush could become the next Nick Foles and hoist the Lombardi in February.

Hey, you never know.
Not as long as Kellen Moore is calling the plays

the Eagles had the best offensive coach in the league calling plays for the them.. the Cowboys have Kellen Moore.

Gameover

Reaction score
Honestly KM is showing some JG qaulity's of late, not just the run game but the gameplan needs to shift to help this O-line re-settle. Obviously something in the O-line aint what it was earlier this season and KM needs to adjust. Its shows thorughout the whole offense to me...they dont look in sync at all.
Might be an insult… to Garrett

I’ll take Garrett over this bum

Gameover

Reaction score
The line isn’t blocking well, because the coaches haven’t prioritized pounding the football

exciter

Reaction score
I am a huge Zeke fan. However. Pollard needs a bigger role in the offense. I dont know why they dont run 2 RB sets. Or bounce it out with Pollard with Zeke on the field.
Which receiver you gonna take off the field to consistently run a two RB set?

stuckindc

Reaction score

rolx6d5flnt7gmr3k0wn.jpg

You mean like Zeke is right now?