Cowboy Facts and the Bizarro Hatred of Garrett/Linehan

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Yes...Funny how when the season's situation was crucial (team at 5-7)...Garrett got the team winning...and
Funny how Garrett and his coaches bested the Saints in a crucial home game?
What exactly did JG do different to get them winning?

They are running the exact same offense and defense and have made absolutely 0 schematical changes. Amari Cooper's skillset saved the season, b/c JG is completely dependent on having not just talent, but extremely role- and system-specific talent to win. That's the epitome of a useless head coach.

JG could disappear tomorrow and we would absolutely not know the difference on game day.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score

They are running the exact same offense and defense and have made absolutely 0 schematical changes. Amari Cooper's skillset saved the season, b/c JG is completely dependent on having not just talent, but extremely role- and system-specific talent to win. That's the epitome of a useless head coach.

JG could disappear tomorrow and we would absolutely not know the difference on game day.

Uh, I mostly feel like this guy^^^^^ That about sums it up for me.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

Suggesting that zero changes have been made is completely false.
I'm not defending JG or Linehan, just pointing out how silly an idea that is.

kskboys

Reaction score
What's really bizzare is how some cannot see or analyze pretty much anything!!!!!!!

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Suggesting that zero changes have been made is completely false.
I'm not defending JG or Linehan, just pointing out how silly an idea that is.
What are the changes? They are literally doing the exact same thing, just plugged in a better player.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
What are the changes? They are literally doing the exact same thing, just plugged in a better player.
There are a ton of changes just in one game, watch for yourself. It's fairly common for fans to assume there are no changes or adjustments but that's highly unrealistic.
It's just an easy thing to suggest.

Verdict

Reaction score
Linehan took Dak when he was a 4th round, lightly regarded rookie and by the end of the season...presto. Prescott was in consideration for rookie of the year. The offense was top five.

And that was with what we now know was a highly deficient Dez Bryant as #1 WR.

Dak has some very admirable qualities and is quite a warrior, but he's not top-20 when it comes down to just his arm. And we've had rookies and JAGs running most of the routes. I argue that Scott and the coaches have done quite well, all things considered.

Linehan has made some really bone headed decisions at first and goal which has cost us points. A monkey could have been more productive at OC in some circumstances.

morat1959

Reaction score

They’ll never see it. Clueless! EVERYBODY knows we run the same basic offense. Clapper’s way is old school and beat the man if front of you. It has not been a formula for success in his tenure and will not be on a consistent basis going forward. They can’t see right what’s in front of their face.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
I agree that the offensive scheme is limited, and in some ways simplistic- but how much of this is due to personnel? If the coach and OC are saddled with a QB who cannot make certain reads, and cannot make certain throws, it limits their scheme. Same goes for WR's and TE's, etc.... The coaches know a lot more about the abilities and limitations of their players than the average fan does. I'll wager the scheme would look a lot different if the coaches had different players to work with.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
There are a ton of changes just in one game, watch for yourself. It's fairly common for fans to assume there are no changes or adjustments but that's highly unrealistic.
It's just an easy thing to suggest.
Name one. Name one thing.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
What? They're running the exact same defense they have been. But enlighten me, what change did they make since the Titans game?
Look for yourself. Unless you're not capable of watching a game. I don't have time at the moment to argue X' and O's. It appears you just want to argue.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Look for yourself. Unless you're not capable of watching a game. I don't have time at the moment to argue X' and O's. It appears you just want to argue.
Ok well I can wait until you have a moment.

I won't hold my breath though.

irishline

Reaction score
UIjY.gif

I'll just leave this here... Just thought it could lighten the mood.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
In the past 3 NFL seasons here are the NFC leaders in wins:

Cowboys 29
Saints 28
Vikings 27
Rams 26
Seahawks 26
Eagles 26
Falcons 25
Panthers 23
Packers 23

Winning is HARD. And not a single team in the NFC has been better in recent years in consistently winning games than the team Garrett, Linehan and Marinelli are coaching. Not one team.

And what do these coaches get in return for their accomplishments? Endless scorn, derision, personal attacks from embarrassing fools.

It really is cringe-worthy to hear some of you rant like children.

LOL...…..why is it always the past 3 seasons? Garrett has been the HC here for 10 years? Just take the 3 best years and use those why don't you? How many playoff wins does Garrett have on those 3 seasons?

Just face the truth, you were dead wrong about Garrett. HE is a middling coach that makes bone headed, rookie mistakes all the time.

morat1959

Reaction score
I agree that the offensive scheme is limited, and in some ways simplistic- but how much of this is due to personnel? If the coach and OC are saddled with a QB who cannot make certain reads, and cannot make certain throws, it limits their scheme. Same goes for WR's and TE's, etc.... The coaches know a lot more about the abilities and limitations of their players than the average fan does. I'll wager the scheme would look a lot different if the coaches had different players to work with.

Great point but haven’t we had different players at different positions in Garrett’s tenure yet the scheme remains the same.