Cowboy Facts and the Bizarro Hatred of Garrett/Linehan

silvrNblue

Reaction score
I suppose WINNING GAMES are just silly stats for mindless fools who drone on with their endless hate.

Actually looking at WINS-LOSSES gets in the way of their bizarro narrative. What does one do with such inconvenient facts?
And since these great "football gurus" just how many playoffs, NFC championships and Super Bowls has this team been to??????? Winning is great, getting through the scrubs in reg season is a need, but it's what you do WITH those great numrous wins in the post season that counts....you toot ole clap and vanilla queens pants pipe, I'll take what they give me in season wins on the chin, now show us they have the brainn power to push us through ONE frigging playoff win.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The starting of this thread reminds me of this, with the OP playing the role of the piñata.

giphy.gif

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What is with you guys?

We count Playoff wins, Conference Championships and Super Bowls.

That's all.
This.
Some of our fans of recent years sadly never experienced the 20 straight winning seasons, playing in 5 SBs in 13 seasons, winning 5 NFC championships and 2 SBs in the 70s and the 3 SBs in 4 years days of the 90s.

In those days, Cowboys fans looked at regular season wins as nothing more than the path to doing something great and memorable. Now the bar is so low, we are looking at them in and of themselves as great?

silvrNblue

Reaction score
This.
Some of our fans of recent years sadly never experienced the 20 straight winning seasons, playing in 5 SBs in 13 seasons, winning 5 NFC championships and 2 SBs in the 70s and the 3 SBs in 4 years days of the 90s.

In those days, Cowboys fans looked at regular season wins as nothing more than the path to doing something great and memorable. Now the bar is so low, we are looking at them in and of themselves as great?
:hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This.

business-commerce-low_bar-expectations-low_expectations-profit-profit_forecast-dcrn1490_low.jpg

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yes theres always an argument for using regular season success with W-L records..Noone has said we've been horrible as a team the last 5yrs, we've drafted better, spent FA money better, made tough decsions of letting franchise guys go ,and are at least remain competitive and relevant..

The argument is why is this enough to average 9 wins or so a year with no post season success? at some point average to above average cant be enough..JG has proved so far this is his ceiling.. We need a staff to push us to the next level and thats why fans are becoming restless and impatient..

theres a history here and other places that letting go coaches even better then Garett even with wining records because of post season failures..Didnt Marty S get canned in SD after a 14-2 season?

at some point Jerry needs to raise the bar and the experiment be over..

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes theres always an argument for using regular season success with W-L records..Noone has said we've been horrible as a team the last 5yrs, we've drafted better, spent FA money better, made tough decsions of letting franchise guys go ,and are at least remain competitive and relevant..

The argument is why is this enough to average 9 wins or so a year with no post season success? at some point average to above average cant be enough..JG has proved so far this is his ceiling.. We need a staff to push us to the next level and thats why fans are becoming restless and impatient..

theres a history here and other places that letting go coaches even better then Garett even with wining records because of post season failures..Didnt Marty S get canned in SD after a 14-2 season?

at some point Jerry needs to raise the bar and the experiment be over..

I'd counter the argument with this:

Put the wins and losses over the past three years on a graph. Which way is the arrow pointing? Up? Or down?

We done now?

silvrNblue

Reaction score
its dang near as bad as putting up Daks win/losses against the top QB' in the league, which he has a better W/L then some, and saying ok, that proves it, he is a top tier, Rodgers, Brady, Ben R, Brees QB. Which we all know he is NOT. But he does lead us for the most part to wins. So don't take this as I am dissing him as a schulb, the kid has a heart the size of Manhattan, but just like our season W/L record, is that enough? Being an old time Landry era fan, a Jimmy Johnson ear fan, I say hell no it's not. And only in the fact of what will he do POST season once were in the playoff's? And yes I did say WHEN!

blueblood70

Reaction score
I'd counter the argument with this:

Put the wins and losses over the past three years on a graph. Which way is the arrow pointing? Up? Or down?

We done now?
ive used that argument, we are much better the last 10 years then the prior 14 that people keep referring to the 23 year drought but still our success and bar needs to eb changed to compete for SB in way that the NFCCG has to be the minimum goal..if you fall short it has to be after 2nd round loss and big disappointment not just making the playoffs or salvaging a season.at some point again the bar has to be playoff wins..the last 8 games lat year and forst 8 this year is 16 game stretch where we looked pretty bad..digging out now salvages a season but we should have never been in that position and I blame Garett and staff for play calling and scheme , the trying not to lose the lack of using Zeke so little in the first 4 games etc etc.. you cant give him credit for the last 4 wins without the utter failure of a 3-5 start with 3 losses that should have been wins, less then score with very questionable play calls etc..

this is the argument that being debated... we are in fact underachieving now IMO and those 2-3 losses that are on the coaches every year are holding us back..i get it we are winning enough to eb relative but is that the bar?

silvrNblue

Reaction score
we are in fact underachieving now IMO and those 2-3 losses that are on the coaches every year are holding us back..i get it we are winning enough to eb relative but is that the bar?
Well, just read the thread post, and there's your answer!

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I often think of the many threads over the last few years I’ve seen on the old Cowboys fan site as well as here, griping about “the lack of respect” the Cowboys get from ESPN talking heads, other players from other teams, other fans, etc.

But the absolute truth about the current Cowboys is this: Until this team at least wins another conference championship, the Cowboys don’t deserve anymore respect than any other team who doesn’t win in the playoffs. Winning a championship is always the measure of greatness and respect.

Vandyr

Reaction score
Some of the hate is certainly warranted. Garrett gets too conservative at times.

But I’m convinced that we could win the Super Bowl and a large faction of this board would say that we did it “despite Garrett/Linehan.”

Saying “I was wrong” is not an easy thing for some people to do.

I will gleefully proclaim I was wrong, I'll shout it butt naked from the rooftops.

But I already know the chances of that happening are nil. I know this not because of the last three years, but because of the last 8. I know Garrett has terrible clock management and that hasn't changed. I know that Garrett and Linehan continually call the most vanilla games I've ever seen in football. I know that they continually fail to make ingame adjustments. Same old song and dance, for years now. Why would the same people suddenly be different this year?

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
Where’s the list of number of wins lost due to your head coach being an idiot and it knowing how a clock operates!?

Or how about wine lost because Coach is a pansy?

Sure we would be one on both

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Classify this under fun with numbers.
Definitely agree because when I tell people that use this stat for Dak do they want Garrett here they never answer the question. Actually one person did say Garrett should get more credit than he does but everybody else didn't answer the question.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
It really is cringe-worthy to hear some of you rant like children.

LOL

I am no longer a fan of the Cowboys but I do occasionally come back over here to check it out...and wow. Someone is talking about "mean on the bone"? What meaningful meat does any fan have of this team for the next five years. I mean, seriously.

What misery to be under Jerry's thumb. So glad I'm there no longer.