Cowboy Facts and the Bizarro Hatred of Garrett/Linehan

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Dallas coaches have won the most games over the past three years. Have they done so because they inherited the talent like the Rams have...an elite QB, Future hall-of-fame d-tackles, all-pros at numerous other positions? Nope!

In a passing-centric league, do they have a premium stud QB like Brees, Goff, Wilson, Rogers? Nope!

Until this year, has this Cowboys coaching group had highly regarded defensive personnel? Nope!

Yet they've won and won some more.

Ummm, Jason Garrett inherited Romo, Ware, Witten and a total of 9 Pro Bowlers from 2009. He did nothing with ALL of them.

T-RO

Reaction score
You're going to turn the fact that they regressed a Pro Bowl rookie QB into a plus? Really?

I think it's beyond extraordinary how well they've developed and deployed Dak...and how they've maximized his play. How the hell did he ever get to the Pro Bowl? It certainly wouldn't have happened without great COACHING and Das-Friendly SCHEME.

The exception to this was the Atl. game, where coaches didn't keep someone in to chip DE to help Chaz.

T-RO

Reaction score
Ummm, Jason Garrett inherited Romo, Ware, Witten and a total of 9 Pro Bowlers from 2009. He did nothing with ALL of them.

What the heck are you talking about!? Wade was coach in 2009 AND to start 2010.

Garrett took over after Wade firing, when Romo was hurt and lost for year...team buried in division.

Last edited:

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
In the past 3 NFL seasons here are the NFC leaders in wins:

Cowboys 29
Saints 28
Vikings 27
Rams 26
Seahawks 26
Eagles 26
Falcons 25
Panthers 23
Packers 23

Winning is HARD. And not a single team in the NFC has been better in recent years in consistently winning games than the team Garrett, Linehan and Marinelli are coaching. Not one team.

And what do these coaches get in return for their accomplishments? Endless scorn, derision, personal attacks from embarrassing fools.

It really is cringe-worthy to hear some of you rant like children.

Eagles

7 -9
7- 9
13 -3
+ 3 post season wins .

NUMBERS OF WINS = 30 .

When lying is the only thing that can defend your coaching ... its just SAD .

Do post season wins next :

EVERBODY

...COWBOYS 0

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would bet 95% of Cowboys fans, make that entitled clowns, would disagree with you. Offensive coaching, specifically Garrett and Linehan are holding this team back.

You’re probably right. And hey, when has an angry mob ever reacted but been wrong about anything? That doesn’t happen, right?

Hoofbite

Reaction score
What the heck are you talking about!? Wade was coach in 2009 AND to start 2010.

Garrett took over after Wade firing, when Romo was hurt and lost for year...team buried in division.

Yeah, Wade was coach in 2009 and Garrett inherited his team halfway though 2010. It's not hard. 2009 had 9 Pro Bowlers which means 2010 started with 9 Pro Bowlers.

Garrett took that team and produced nothing. He had Romo starting 62 games between 2011 and 2014, Ware starting 45 games between 2011 and 2015, and Witten starting every game he ever coached until this year. The team did NOTHING.

Flamma

Reaction score
For the life of me I could not understand why people would defend Garrett. He sucked and had one good season in '14 and got lucky to get Dak and Zeke in '16. Then it was business as usual right up to the Tennessee game. Now I don't know what to think! Whiskey Tango Foxtrot? How is he pulling this off? I need to see more from this season to properly evaluate Garrett.

Johnny23

Reaction score
This thread is about the last 3 years.

We lost to Green Bay in 2016 playoffs due to 4 factors:
-A possession was stolen by a bizarre huddle-penalty called on Brice Butler
-Holding calls on Irving were not called (a recurring pattern with Goodell's officials in Cowboys games)
-Green Bay had the good fortune of having 11 possessions in the game, while we had just 10
-Our defensive personnel was lacking that season
Dak's dumb pick to Micah Hyde when Zeke literally ran it down field himself. That was a touchdown drive and the boy wonder turned into boy blunder on a drive that most likely would have won us the game. That's conveniently overlooked by the dak,lenihan, Garrett apologists.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I think it's beyond extraordinary how well they've developed and deployed Dak...and how they've maximized his play. How the hell did he ever get to the Pro Bowl? It certainly wouldn't have happened without great COACHING and Das-Friendly SCHEME.

The exception to this was the Atl. game, where coaches didn't keep someone in to chip DE to help Chaz.

In Dak's rookie season, when in camp he was the 3rd QB, how any snaps do you think he was getting? How much attention?

In 2017 Dak got a lot more attention. A full offseason to retool Dak and the offense for Dak. Did he get better, or worse? Did Cooper Rush get better, or worse after his rookie season?

How about better did Weeden get? McGee?

You're not supposed to get worse as you get more "development". You're supposed to get better.

I remember as a rookie, announcers were talking about what phenomenal accuracy Dak had on the move. I think that was the last year "phenomenal accuracy" was applied to Dak by anyone.

Tony was with Garrett for all but one year as a starter. Did you *ever* hear Tony credit Garrett (or Linehan) with his development? I've heard lots of people credited. Peyton. Lee. Parcells. Testaverde. And Tony himself. But never ever Garrett.

I wonder why that is.

Brax

Reaction score

Cowboys 29
Saints 28
Vikings 27
Rams 26
Seahawks 26
Eagles 26
Falcons 25
Panthers 23
Packers 23

Winning is HARD. And not a single team in the NFC has been better in recent years in consistently winning games than the team Garrett, Linehan and Marinelli are coaching. Not one team.

And what do these coaches get in return for their accomplishments? Endless scorn, derision, personal attacks from embarrassing fools.

2 playoff appearances since 2010 yeah that is great ,it is amazing how that 2016 season makes every thing rosier, did you forget that 13-3 season was playing a last place schedule, yes JG is good against low end teams, not so good against high end, juggle the numbers any way you want 1 playoff win and only 2 playoff seasons under JG should of gotten him fired, if you like mediocre then I can see why you like JG. JG is and will continue to be the HC because he has the one real ability Jerry loves, He say's "yes Mr. Jones" with such sincerity. Sorry JG is among the the worse HC in the league.

Brax

Reaction score
This thread is about the last 3 years.

We lost to Green Bay in 2016 playoffs due to 4 factors:
-A possession was stolen by a bizarre huddle-penalty called on Brice Butler
-Holding calls on Irving were not called (a recurring pattern with Goodell's officials in Cowboys games)
-Green Bay had the good fortune of having 11 possessions in the game, while we had just 10
-Our defensive personnel was lacking that season
bottom line is they lost, stop with the ref's, it wasn't, should of , could of, they lost. It's on the HC.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Garrett's career win-loss is .561

Garrett sits sandwiched between Parcells .570 and Jimmy J: .556

Obviously Jason hasn't yet delivered in the playoffs, something that needs to happen. Again, I want to see what he can do with a top-ten QB AND a talented defense.
Garrett had a top 10 QB and still failed. What's his record without Romo and Dak? The fact you are trying to put it on Dak instead of coaching is silly to me.

You can defend Garrett all you want but he is to blame for failures just as much as any player. It's a collective effort. Only 2 games I can remember that Garrett out coached someone. Last season against Bruce Arians and this year against Sean Payton. Garrett has to be better if we want to advance this season.

By the way Garrett has a franchise QB, top 3 defense, best running back in the game and a top receiver. No excuses this season, he has to win a playoff game

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Yeah but how many of those teams are the 2016-2018 regular season champs?!!!
Well Dallas was 2016, eagles were 2017 and looks like the Rams or saints will be this season. Guess we can hang out hat on being number 1 seed 2 years ago haha

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I suppose WINNING GAMES are just silly stats for mindless fools who drone on with their endless hate.

Actually looking at WINS-LOSSES gets in the way of their bizarro narrative. What does one do with such inconvenient facts?
You cherry picked 3 years that suits your narrative lol.
winning games isnt what it is about , that is just something coaches have to do to get
in playoffs
in conf championship game
and to SB
Garrett has been here since 2007 and has never been very good, at OC, or HC.
He and linehan are avg at best.

McCarthy was just fired for having 2 bad seasons in a row, and he had won a SB and been to several conf champ games.
in playoffs a lot,
Coaches have to produce or they come under fire.

Hadenough

Reaction score

Cowboys 29
Saints 28
Vikings 27
Rams 26
Seahawks 26
Eagles 26
Falcons 25
Panthers 23
Packers 23

Your exactly right! Winning is hard at the college and high school levels of coaching too. Having coached some at lower levels myself sometimes it’s hard as heck when you start the season bad to get that first win. There is always pressure and you constantly think about it 24/7. I wouldn’t want the responsibility of being a head coach in the NFL. The problem is when the goal is the SB and you don’t even have any playoff wins in the last 3 seasons.

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
Since you won't answer the question asked, I'll answer it for you:
None of these teams had Super Bowl talent. None. Of. Them.

The closest...Was In 2014...Dallas did had a super offense but the D?
The unit didn't have a single all-pro defender. Not one. Lee was injured all year and we had absolute journeymen starting on the d-front: Mincey, Selvie and Hayden. Rookie Hitchens was poor (inexperienced) and Bruce Carter, another LB, was a perpetual spare. Secondary was average at best.

It would be extraordinary for anyone outside of Belichick to win it all w/that lame d.

I didn't answer your question because it's a dumb question. You want me to pick the team that had superbowl talent when Jason Garrett couldn't even make the wildcard round.

You think Garrett is good because he hasn't had the talent to expect a superbowl win, I guess you don't think he had the talent to get into the playoffs either. We really just shouldn't expect anything of him until half his starters are all pros.

You don't even know what a good coach is if you can't understand that a good coach takes a roster and makes it outperform. If a coach needs a team that is universally considered superbowl ready to simply make the playoffs as a wildcard, then he's a bad, bad coach. It's practically the definition of a bad coach.