Cowboy fans finally won

JohnBoy

Reaction score
Yeah I’m laughing because the Jones’s have once again duped the fans and it’s working lol. Gotta give them credit. You would think 20 plus years of this and fans wouldn’t get sucked in so fast.

You are one of a small handful of people on this forum whose opinion I respect. So I'm just curious: who do you feel they should have made the new HC?

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
We won't know we've won as fans until we see the results on the field .
I think we've already won because this time Jerry seemed to make an honest effort to hire the best coach he could. Before, he didn't even try. Even going back to 2007, he just hoped his long time family friend who made him comfortable would turn into a good coach.

That's all I ask, an honest effort. That doesn't mean things will work out. They might not for a variety of reasons. But at least this time he went about it the right way.

kskboys

Reaction score
There was a time on this board where two factions debated and argued their philosophical positions on the Cowboys. Essentially those positive of the team's future and those negative. I truly prefer the idea that a segment of the negative were more along the lines of skeptical and not just down right haters of everything the team did. It got so heated the board banned the word sunshine ................................................................ pumpers. Which apparently offended some of the positive people.

I sit here after 23 years of failure by this team and reflect on the fact the ones questioning the team's future were closer to right. However, having said that, if anyone with a scintilla of a brain were to do the analytics, projecting failure (which means not winning the Super Bowl because that is the true measure of success) failure is what 31 teams do every year, and if in Vegas, that is house money suggesting failure. The easy pick.

But I have noticed recently this negative, realist, wait and see position has morphed into a vitriol beyond explanation. I see in this thread the rancor about this team and projecting McCarthy will just quit under Jerry.

I have to wonder if these "fans" ever see anything positive? McCarthy is hiring his own coaches. If for nothing else that should be an indication of Jerry's desire to try something a little different. Now I'm not foolish enough to believe Jerry will not be the Press Conference Queen, and Sound Byte Impresario during both off season and on. But one must acknowledge something different is taking place with this coach, this season, and this team.

One last point. I notice a few of the "realists, if you will" are always against everything about this team. No stone is left unturned when it comes to pointing fingers and soothsaying disaster.

Makes me wonder why they follow this team.
Yup. I've always refused to align myself w/ either side. Picking sides in this argument is so grade schoolish.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Yup. I've always refused to align myself w/ either side. Picking sides in this argument is so grade schoolish.

DAMN you!!!! And here I thought you had been on my side since the before the closing of DC.com. I'm done with you buddy.......:D

johneric8

Reaction score
Jerry did indeed lose in the sense that his plan failed miserably and he knows damn well that the fans have been on him about it since the beginning. Jerry is too old and rich to get down about it for too long, but hopefully he is ready to turn over a new leaf for the sake of us fans.

fivetwos

Reaction score
While we are all happy about McCarthy picking the staff, the Moore thing concerns me big time.

Once McCarthy gets the ship righted Jerry is gonna run him out of town and install Moore as HC.

That's his next Garrett waiting in the wings. It's quite obvious and its shameful.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You are one of a small handful of people on this forum whose opinion I respect. So I'm just curious: who do you feel they should have made the new HC?
He wouldn’t have been my pick but McCarthy was probably the best option available. I have no problem with the hire. Just for me I can’t sit here and pretend like things have chanted if Jerry and his son is still here. It happens every time. There was a time when things went well with Garrett and before him Wade. Then the meddling began. I’m excited like everyone don’t get me wrong but I can’t buy what they are selling until I actually see it.

kskboys

Reaction score
He wouldn’t have been my pick but McCarthy was probably the best option available. I have no problem with the hire. Just for me I can’t sit here and pretend like things have chanted if Jerry and his son is still here. It happens every time. There was a time when things went well with Garrett and before him Wade. Then the meddling began. I’m excited like everyone don’t get me wrong but I can’t buy what they are selling until I actually see it.
I'm just hoping we can make a super bowl appearance before Jerry gets in the way again.

Brax

Reaction score
Yeah I’m laughing because the Jones’s have once again duped the fans and it’s working lol. Gotta give them credit. You would think 20 plus years of this and fans wouldn’t get sucked in so fast.
Jerry is selling snake oil again, you are correct, can't wait till he starts with team is "built to win now", "ready to compete"," the pieces are in place", "due for a deep run", the secret sauce and who knows what new BS lines are coming before training camp and all next season. The sad part is as you say the fans are buying it yet again. I look at at this as MM wanted this job really bad and sold Jerry a bill of goods Jerry wanted to hear while Jerry was selling him a line of BS, a match made in heaven. A generation of Jerry's way of failure and folks are hooked again. This is a team that was lucky to be 8-8 and already the hype is in full force. I will wait and see and I hope MM does what Jerry is trying to sell yet again but Jerry's track record doesn't bode well for the results everyone wants.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
In the end, Jerry won't fire McCarthy, McCarthy will tender his resignation because he is tired of Jerry's BS meddling. Mark my words.

The moment Garrett was fired the entire fan base, Jerry, and all the players won.

Too bad it took you 10 years to realize that. Seeing as though you were Garretts biggest supporter.

And lets not forget that you loudly predicted for many years that Jerry would hire another puppet.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
For a generation going back now almost 25 years I’ve argued how Jerry was intent on proving he could win without a proven HC so he could put to rest the stigma with Jimmy. And besides the lone exception up until now when he hired Parcells which most figured was to gain support for his new stadium , Jerry hasn’t pursued proven HC’s.

I vigorously argued for years to force Jerry to change or make a decision he wasn’t comfortable with for the good of Cowboys Football as it became apparent to me it was more about his selfish pursuit and passions than what was best for Cowboys Football.

After Parcells I had really given up all hope Jerry would ever look for another proven HC as once his stadium was built, game over. He no longer needed the local fan base support as corporate sponsors and the ever changing demographic from out of state residents moving in bringing their fandom to fill the stadium.

Up until now Jerry appeared relentless and nothing was going to stop him but perhaps himself. And in the end this is what occurred. He finally went too far with his celebrity promoting of his product touting the talent and expectations for the season then when it didn’t meet it he bashed his coaching all in an attempt to illustrate he saw the issues.

It backfired on him this time as he’d already seen fan apathy growing at an alarming rate as local viewership was at its lowest in Decades. He was losing public opinion. And then Troy dropped the boom with Jerrys toxic comments after the Patriot loss. I knew at that time it was over which I presented a farewell in the other forum .

And the fact he didn’t want it to happen letting him go should give us all reason to pause because whatever the results presented Jerry was still determined to do it his way even at the end squirming to find a way to sell it delaying the decision in yet another dysfunctional maneuver.

This is all Jerry’s fault and I think he knew it from the over hype of the season to his touting of talent to the bashing of coaching ...ultimately Jerry went too far. And thanks to Troy for pointing it all out.

In the end Jerry is all about public opinion. He makes every effort to sway it with his celebrity status and promotion of his product. But this time it was too strong for him to sway. We saw his frustration when he knew he couldn’t win.

it just makes me sad to know that we could have influenced Jerry years ago if we’d of stayed away forcing him to change. While I campaigned to force the issue I never really knew how he’d react.

Would he double down , sell or move the team or continue with his egoistical, selfish foolishness. Well, we finally got our answer. What a shame we wasted an entire generation finding out. We can’t get that back. But at least we know the threat of losing it will force the change we’d hope for. The will of the fans finally won.
Finally reached critical mass,
At least with the fan base on this forum

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The moment Garrett was fired the entire fan base, Jerry, and all the players won.

Too bad it took you 10 years to realize that. Seeing as though you were Garretts biggest supporter.

And lets not forget that you loudly predicted for many years that Jerry would hire another puppet.
I guess you missed the part all of these years I said I’d of fired Garrett if I thought Jerry would step aside and hire a legit HC?

Obviously you never grasped my mockery of Jerry calling Jason the “ perfect puppet”. Lol

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I guess you missed the part all of these years I said I’d of fired Garrett if I thought Jerry sound step aside and hire a legit HC?

Obviously you never grasped My mockery of Jerry calling Jason the “ perfect puppet”. Lol

What you said was Garrett was doing a great job. And that Jerry was just going to hire another puppet. And wow, that Garrett, he is the best puppet you ever saw. LOL

Wasn't it you who called Garrett the perfect puppet?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What you said was Garrett was doing a great job. And that Jerry was just going to hire another puppet. And wow, that Garrett, he is the best puppet you ever saw. LOL
A great job for a puppet. I guess you never grasped that aspect?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Great Job and Garrett don't belong in the same sentence. That's the part YOU never grasped. :clap::clap::clap:
I’m sorry you didn’t appreciate how special our Perfect Puppet was. I know Jerry did. Lol

Anyway this thread wasn’t about him.

it’s about how the fans finally won.Lets hope.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Just like the team we haven't won anything. These coaches look ok on paper but we need to see this translate to wins.