Cowboy insider Pat Doney says McCarthy is underappreciated

basel90

Reaction score

Cowboys PR in full throttle mode to spruce up MM . Won’t work . He is what he is . An average washed up coach .
In game blunders and hard knocks showed how weak he is .

Dre11

Reaction score
Cowboys PR in full throttle mode to spruce up MM . Won’t work . He is what he is . An average washed up coach .
In game blunders and hard knocks showed how weak he is .

Lol....apparently you didn't listen, Doney just offered what he felt. What a baseless post.

fredp22

Reaction score
I value Drew Pearsons thoughts about MM over beat writer Pat Doney.
Drews not the first- ask Aaron Rodgers about his thoughts on MM

Last edited:

cowboyec

Reaction score
i think he is.
he's changing the culture...the roster...and the type of players they're looking for.
i hate how our season ended last year...but this team over all is moving in the right direction.

JayFord

Reaction score
he is under appreciated by fans

for one he makes in game adjustment and just because the adjusment doesnt work sometimes doesnt mean they arent made, the other team adjust as well...

When things happen like injuries he can still work through it provided its not the 2020 season that would be a tall task for anyone

2020 no one would win with all those injuries
2021 he had a great season that didnt result in a playoff win though
2022 he has to get to the NFC Championship.....thats the next step anything else is a step bacm

fredp22

Reaction score
Except Drew isn't nowhere not on that building everyday to see what's going on. And we know Rodgers is a complete nut job.

Rodgers made a good point about MM- said he has a low football IQ. You can see that in the way MM cant run a 2 minute clock and the way he didnt pick up up on the team penalty problem (lead the league) until after the playoff loss
Drew's forgot more football than this beat writer knows. Why does he have to be on the team? he played the game and for the best coach in the game. The beat writer's never played and isnt as you say "on the building everyday"
I stand by my original comment- I value Drews comments over some baitclick beat writer

Last edited:

darealvelle

Reaction score
Yeah...coupled with the major injury to Dak being out for the season, his first year doesn't count. But last year and beyond, is what he should be judged on. My biggest beef with McCarthy (no pun intended - LOL) is his clock mismanagement. If he can somehow improve on this, I'll like him a lot better!!

I agree

HungryLion

Reaction score
He is the best coach the cowboys have had since Parcells and people still want to run him out of town asap

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
He's had one year with a healthy team. One. Garrett got at least four or five before he was criticized as much as MM. It's insane.

Right. What I want to see is a) consistency and b) progress.

Consistency was something we really didn't get from Garrett. During the years we played a first-place schedule, we'd struggle. Then when we got a last-place schedule after that, we'd look like a contender. Every-other-year success allowed him to keep his job longer than he should have.

So, the first thing McCarthy needs to show is that he can succeed in back-to-back years. He has that track record in Green Bay, but he has to show he can do it here. A slip back with the team facing a first-place schedule would indicate to me that we need to keep looking.

Progress can mean different things to different fans. For me, it's primarily getting past the first round of the playoffs this year. Now, playoff success can be a combination of skill and luck, so I'm willing to consider any mitigating factors, but just from a simplified point of view, the next step needs to be a playoff victory.

My tendency based on looking at Super Bowl-winning teams is to give McCarthy five years to win a Super Bowl, if we see these two things. McCarthy got his Super Bowl title with Green Bay in his fifth season.

Coincidentally, the title came two years after Green Bay went 6-10 his third year following his first winning season (13-3). So my expectations (standards) may be out of touch with reality. He didn't put together back-to-back winning seasons until his fourth and fifth years, but he did earn some grace by taking the Packers to the NFC Championship Game his second year.

GMO415

Reaction score
Winning solves all problems here. It's that simple. So far he's another has been.

J-man

Reaction score
I'd hate to be the head coach of the most scrutinized team in professional sports.

Dre11

Reaction score
Rodgers made a good point about MM- said he has a low football IQ. You can see that in the way MM cant run a 2 minute clock and the way he didnt pick up up on the team penalty problem (lead the league) until after the playoff loss
Drew's forgot more football than this beat writer knows. Why does he have to be on the team? he played the game and for the best coach in the game. The beat writer's never played and isnt as you say "on the building everyday"
I stand by my original comment- I value Dr
ews comments over some baitclick beat writer

1 Rodgers is an idiot, He shows it every time he opens his mouth, 2 . What makes you think Drew knows more football than the beat writer? Because he played doesn't mean he knows more about coaching or the game today as far as that goes.3. Being around the team gives more insight into what's happening in and around the team. 4.