Cowboy merchandise sales falling and I love it!

perrykemp

Reaction score
Seattle being #1 is understandable. Typical SB winning year bump. Denver and San Fran in front of the Cowboys is more unexpected -- especially San Fran.

Ryan Tannehill ahead of Romo is inexplicable.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Seattle being #1 is understandable. Typical SB winning year bump. Denver and San Fran in front of the Cowboys is more unexpected -- especially San Fran.

I can only assume it is BC the Dolphins had new uniforms and fans needed to buy someone.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score

His jersey is a fashion fad (freak teel green). See them in DC all the time. That's all they are.

Last edited:

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Need some empty seats now...
That's the real issue, those empty seats of Dallas fans would just be replaced by visting fans. JJ's quote on that topic was disturbing (he doesn't care who). A butt in the seat = money for the stadium.

visionary

Reaction score

not really, romo has been QB for many many years so you figure a lot of cowboy fans already have his jersey
jury was out on tannehill last year but now that he is entrenched as the starter, fans will buy his jersey's

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So we are still #4 after 3 consecutive 8-8 seasons? Yeah we are still relevant. Yeah we are still America's Team. Imagine if we had any success in January.

Oh wait, I forgot our franchise has become a joke.

StevenOtero

Reaction score
I really wish the entire organization would tank for the 'real' fans, because the 'real' fans wouldn't stick around.

It's the fans that realize Jerry isn't running much of anything when it comes to personnel that truly get it. It's pretty evident that Will McClay, Stephen Jones, and so on are making personel decisions. Getting rid of Ware is a sign that 'we' are acting like a responsible football club.

Obviously, there's no actual way of knowing what is really going on behind the scenes. We are on the outside looking in, as it should be.

The 'fans' that come up with the Jerrah is calling teh playz that I don't even bother to acknowledge anymore.

RS12

Reaction score
In the words of a certain warlock "duh winning"

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
What am I missing here? Does it say that our merchandize sales actually fell, or this is just our sales rankings relative to other teams?
Relative to other teams.

They are 4th behind the two teams that were in the Super Bowl, and one that was in the SB last year and NFCCC the this year.

Not to mention the fact that all three have had new QBs rise to prominence in the last 2 years or so...and they happpen to be the top 3 in sales in the league.

This is only a story to Jerry bashers, there is nothing of substance to it.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I really wish the entire organization would tank for the 'real' fans, because the 'real' fans wouldn't stick around.

It's the fans that realize Jerry isn't running much of anything when it comes to personnel that truly get it. It's pretty evident that Will McClay, Stephen Jones, and so on are making personel decisions. Getting rid of Ware is a sign that 'we' are acting like a responsible football club.

Obviously, there's no actual way of knowing what is really going on behind the scenes. We are on the outside looking in, as it should be.

The 'fans' that come up with the Jerrah is calling teh playz that I don't even bother to acknowledge anymore.

Your spelling is atrocious. I don't recall any posts from anyone claiming Jerry is calling some plays although that would not surprise me if it were true.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
http://fansided.com/2014/03/05/seahawks-broncos-49ers-top-best-selling-nfl-merchandise-list/#!CE2xd

This is the only thing Jerry understands. The natives are getting restless (at least us real fans) and is a defacto demand for organizational change, i.e. get a real GM.

I heard rumor the Cowboys made around $300M profit on roughly $500M revenue last year. How much of that $300M do you think is tied to jersey and merchandise sales? I don't think too much.

Ticket sales are good
Parking commission is good
Food commission is good
Stadium rental is good
TV revenue is good

I guess you are just going to have to wait a little longer for that "real GM."

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I heard rumor the Cowboys made around $300M profit on roughly $500M revenue last year. How much of that $300M do you think is tied to jersey and merchandise sales? I don't think too much.

Ticket sales are good
Parking commission is good
Food commission is good
Stadium rental is good
TV revenue is good

I guess you are just going to have to wait a little longer for that "real GM."

No doubt.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Romo hasn't exactly been the flavor of the month in the NFL for a few years now.

StevenOtero

Reaction score
Your spelling is atrocious. I don't recall any posts from anyone claiming Jerry is calling some plays although that would not surprise me if it were true.

One typo "personel" and my spelling is atrocious? When I already spelled it correctly earlier in the post. LOL