Cowboy merchandise sales falling and I love it!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
And the NFL’s top 10 team merchandise sales:
1. Seattle Seahawks
2. Denver Broncos
3. San Francisco 49ers
4. Dallas Cowboys
5. New England Patriots
6. Green Bay Packers
7. Chicago Bears
8. Pittsburgh Steelers
9. New Orleans Saints
10. New York Giants

By that reasoning I guess Pats have something to worry about. lol

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Relative to other teams.

They are 4th behind the two teams that were in the Super Bowl, and one that was in the SB last year and NFCCC the this year.

Not to mention the fact that all three have had new QBs rise to prominence in the last 2 years or so...and they happpen to be the top 3 in sales in the league.

This is only a story to Jerry bashers, there is nothing of substance to it.

Yeah. I was pretty sure, but I wanted to ask, to be nice. Nice and passive-aggressive.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
http://fansided.com/2014/03/05/seahawks-broncos-49ers-top-best-selling-nfl-merchandise-list/#!CE2xd

This is the only thing Jerry understands. The natives are getting restless (at least us real fans) and is a defacto demand for organizational change, i.e. get a real GM.

axDbMOZ.gif

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Relative to other teams.

They are 4th behind the two teams that were in the Super Bowl, and one that was in the SB last year and NFCCC the this year.

Not to mention the fact that all three have had new QBs rise to prominence in the last 2 years or so...and they happpen to be the top 3 in sales in the league.

This is only a story to Jerry bashers, there is nothing of substance to it.

true 2009 GB had more sales, 2010 Saints, 2011 Pitt, 2012 Cowboys and now 2013 Seahawks. Dallas does not lead in sales every year they are however one of the top salers every year.

coult44

Reaction score
In the eyes of the modern football fan, Seattles unis are the best in the NFL . I agree...

zack

Reaction score
http://fansided.com/2014/03/05/seahawks-broncos-49ers-top-best-selling-nfl-merchandise-list/#!CE2xd

This is the only thing Jerry understands. The natives are getting restless (at least us real fans) and is a defacto demand for organizational change, i.e. get a real GM.

I don't know how this is a good thing. Jerry isnt going somewhere else because merchandise sales are down. And he wouldn't release control of his GM job duties either because there is a decrease in sales. And don't expect a decrease in attendance to change things either.

See the Lions. When I used to live in Detroit, fans said that they would stop showing up to games with the expectations of things to change. Well......they are still going to the games and the Lions still suck......

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Funny just had to go down stairs to take care of some business, my building is 1 block from Minuet Maid park where Astros and Yankee's are playing. I saw a man and woman walking to the park she was wearing her Yankee Jersey with Jeter name on it and the man was wearing a Yankee visor, a Romo Jersey and a Cowboys jacket. lol

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I don't think we will ever hear Jerry say, "I get it, I get it... I do" ever again.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A merchandise sales drop into the mid-20's league ranking may make Jones blink, but I doubt any smaller drop shall.The strength of the franchise brand remains highly viable at... how many years has Jones reigned as general manager during Dallas' post-Super Bowl winning era? Anyway, this is the same man who separated his merchandise sales from the rest of the league. Altering business operations would necessitate a severe drop in merchandise sales. Even it that were to occur, one would think Jones would simply consider merging Cowboys merchandising back into NFL Properties to hedge against further net sales losses.

I have always thought the financial motivation approach was an impractically weak one for prompting Jones into abdicating his GM duties. Too many factors must fall neatly into place for any real monetary deficit to occur. Add the fact no one, especially those who are the most vocal, seems eager to spearhead a campaign in real life directed at making these events a reality.

Nope, the key to even remotely getting Jones to follow convention is psychological motivation, not financial motivation. Attack his narcissism. Sure, the odds are slim, but they are better than practically zero. Or continue believing he is going to change his ways because of a bump in merchandise sales for another... that's right... how many years has Jones reigned as general manager during Dallas' post-Super Bowl winning era?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Those of you who support Jerry are getting exactly what you deserve. Mediocrity. Rah Rah, go Cowboys! Jerry's business model is based on knowing that there are fans who will buy tickets and merchandise no matter the mediocre product he puts on the field.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Those of you who support Jerry are getting exactly what you deserve. Mediocrity. Rah Rah, go Cowboys! Jerry's business model is based on knowing that there are fans who will buy tickets and merchandise no matter the mediocre product he puts on the field.

Go Cowboys!

You have a strange way of following your favorite team, by my way of thinking, but knock yourself out.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Good for you fans that care about our status in merchandise sales. You must be thrilled.

Fans that want to win something in the NFL aren't as content lately. (like maybe a Super Bowl, or an NFC Championship, maybe even an NFC East Title, or heaven forbid we win more than half our games)

But Sales are good, you can all smile.