Cowboy merchandise sales falling and I love it!

Boysathelm

Reaction score
The difference between us and the franchises ahead of us is that we can have 10 more lousy seasons and still be top 5. On the other hand, if the Seahawks have 2 sub-.500 seasons, they won't be in the top 20.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don't know if it will. Three 3 teams in front of them....two were in the Super Bowl and the other was in the NFC Championship lol. Meanwhile, Cowboys were 8-8.....AGAIN and still are #3. If there's anything that gets his attention its that.

Zordon

Reaction score
I'm not understanding the significance. You guys realize we haven't been first in a few years? For the last several years we've been ranked somewhere btw #2-4.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Cowboys are doing fine in sales and still bring in high rating, out of the top 25 highest rated games last season Dallas was in 6 of them. Nationally televised games they still want the Cowboys with Dallas playing 6 of those games.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Go Cowboys!

You have a strange way of following your favorite team, by my way of thinking, but knock yourself out.

I've been following the Cowboys religiously since 63'. I have no patience for an owner who's ruining my favorite team. The way this team has been losing games over the last 13 years is just too much gut wrenching for me to come here and support this owner in any way shape or form. I know he's the cause and there's nothing anyone can say to change that opinion. I wouldn't be a true fan if I came here and defended him. The way he's run this team has caused me to lose all hope in ever returning to respectability as long as he's running football operations. I travel a lot and everywhere I go and talk NFL, the fans in those cities all laugh about the Cowboys. So I'll do my little part and not buy merchandise, not go to any games. I'll still watch every game and root for my team, but have no false allusions to any kind of success.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
I've been following the Cowboys religiously since 63'. I have no patience for an owner who's ruining my favorite team. The way this team has been losing games over the last 13 years is just too much gut wrenching for me to come here and support this owner in any way shape or form. I know he's the cause and there's nothing anyone can say to change that opinion. I wouldn't be a true fan if I came here and defended him. The way he's run this team has caused me to lose all hope in ever returning to respectability as long as he's running football operations. I travel a lot and everywhere I go and talk NFL, the fans in those cities all laugh about the Cowboys. So I'll do my little part and not buy merchandise, not go to any games. I'll still watch every game and root for my team, but have no false allusions to any kind of success.

But our merchandise sales and TV ratings are good. SMH

Seriously, .. that is what we are hanging our hats on now?

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score

You've seen the great teams then. I never have. I'm jealous.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
But our merchandise sales and TV ratings are good. SMH

Seriously, .. that is what we are hanging our hats on now?

There are idiot fans everywhere that buy Cowboys, Lakers and Heat jersey's just because they're the Cowboys, Lakers and Heat. They are the sheep people like Jerry depends on for a living.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You've seen the great teams then. I never have. I'm jealous.

I guess I'm spoiled because of it but it gives me an insight that apparently most Cowboy fans here don't have. Many here seem content with mediocrity saying, we've almost made it to the playoffs. We're just an non-injury or two away from the playoffs, rah rah rah. When in truth, these 8-8 teams are very poor. Most, not all, of the players don't have the fire to get to the next level because of the atmosphere Jerry's created. They feel entitled because they are "Cowboys". Jerry tells them this every year at training camp. They don't fear for their jobs as players on other teams do so there's no reason for them to give 100%. They know they can get by on less than that.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I guess I'm spoiled because of it but it gives me an insight that apparently most Cowboy fans here don't have. Many here seem content with mediocrity saying, we've almost made it to the playoffs. We're just an non-injury or two away from the playoffs, rah rah rah. When in truth, these 8-8 teams are very poor. Most, not all, of the players don't have the fire to get to the next level because of the atmosphere Jerry's created. They feel entitled because they are "Cowboys". Jerry tells them this every year at training camp. They don't fear for their jobs as players on other teams do so there's no reason for them to give 100%. They know they can get by on less than that.

Been a fan since 1965 but do not live in the past I look at today. I don't expect SB right now then again I have never gone in to any season expecting SB. I expect to make post season and expect to compete for a chance at the big game.
As far as not fearing for their jobs? Dallas has walked away from some big players and have cut players like TO.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Been a fan since 1965 but do not live in the past I look at today. I don't expect SB right now then again I have never gone in to any season expecting SB. I expect to make post season and expect to compete for a chance at the big game.
As far as not fearing for their jobs? Dallas has walked away from some big players and have cut players like TO.

I don't live in the past either. They Cowboys use to be a respected but feared NFL opponent. Now they are one of the laughingstock teams of the NFL. If you support that, then you deserve the team we have now. And they didn't cut TO until his cancer had already spread and it was obvious his signing was a disaster.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I don't live in the past either. They Cowboys use to be a respected but feared NFL opponent. Now they are one of the laughingstock teams of the NFL. If you support that, then you deserve the team we have now. And they didn't cut TO until his cancer had already spread and it was obvious his signing was a disaster.

You claim them as a laughing stock fact is Dallas is still one of the top rating team in the NFL networks want them. The notion Dallas will not cut players is total BS 3 big names gone from this team including Hatcher who came off his best season. I'm sure there is not a single thing you like about this team and that is fine you don't have to like them.

You start off saying you don't live in the past then talk about the past. lol I support the Cowboys that is what fans do, I support Texas Longhorns win lose or tie I'm a Longhorn fans and you bet Big time Cowboy fan do not miss any games and will do so win, lose or tie. I choose to be a Cowboy fan they did not choose me and I will continue to be a Cowboys fan. So for anyone hollering boycott or don't buy things with the logo then you speak for yourself not me and not many other loyal die hard fans. I'm not a child I doubt pout if I get to the point I don't enjoy it then I don't watch it

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
if you look at the Cowboys all their great seasons have been in the past & they've done virtually nothing for many many years. That can be said for many teams but this team has a storied history. Of course fans look at the past. It's why they hang banners in arenas & hand out trophies & rings. So you CAN remember the great teams.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You claim them as a laughing stock fact is Dallas is still one of the top rating team in the NFL networks want them. The notion Dallas will not cut players is total BS 3 big names gone from this team including Hatcher who came off his best season. I'm sure there is not a single thing you like about this team and that is fine you don't have to like them.

You start off saying you don't live in the past then talk about the past. lol I support the Cowboys that is what fans do, I support Texas Longhorns win lose or tie I'm a Longhorn fans and you bet Big time Cowboy fan do not miss any games and will do so win, lose or tie. I choose to be a Cowboy fan they did not choose me and I will continue to be a Cowboys fan. So for anyone hollering boycott or don't buy things with the logo then you speak for yourself not me and not many other loyal die hard fans. I'm not a child I doubt pout if I get to the point I don't enjoy it then I don't watch it

Show me where I said that Dallas will not cut players. I support the Cowboys and root for them every game. You're saying I say things that aren't even close to the truth just to support your agenda. Get over yourself.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Show me where I said that Dallas will not cut players. I support the Cowboys and root for them every game. You're saying I say things that aren't even close to the truth just to support your agenda. Get over yourself.

claiming players do not fear based on what your own agenda your own spin. You know how players feel? LOL what a joke.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Didn't Jimmy say the Cowboys have a "country club" atmosphere around them over at VR?

He admittedly coddled his bigger stars off the field because he knew they would be better than the opponent on the field.

That has been so many years but I would guess not too many Cowboys fear Garrett. Surely they didn't fear Wade at all because they quit on him. Drew Pearson said nobody on his teams wanted to disappoint Coach Landry so they played hard every play. Dan Reeves said if they won he'd pick every play apart like they had lost.

It really is a different NFL now. Was Cowher the last "I will bust your ***" coach in the NFL?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Didn't Jimmy say the Cowboys have a "country club" atmosphere around them over at VR?

He admittedly coddled his bigger stars off the field because he knew they would be better than the opponent on the field.

That has been so many years but I would guess not too many Cowboys fear Garrett. Surely they didn't fear Wade at all because they quit on him. Drew Pearson said nobody on his teams wanted to disappoint Coach Landry so they played hard every play. Dan Reeves said if they won he'd pick every play apart like they had lost.

It really is a different NFL now. Was Cowher the last "I will bust your ***" coach in the NFL?

Fear is getting released now days it is a bit harder on a coach, you have cap and cutting a player can have a major impact. As for Jimmy he motivated as far as fear? who did he cut? curvin richards a back up. Emmitt would fall asleep during meetings according to Irvin and Aikman and Emmitt himself. You think Jimmy thought about cutting him? I don't think so. lol

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Love your sig quote, .. that is what I have below my avatar.

Hope I don't die waiting.
Well, I hope you live for a very long time. :) But I hope anyone reading my sig line understands its true meaning. There isn't any numbers attached to my message.

My sig line stands for every Cowboys fan. It does not only stand for fans living in the here-and-now, but it also stands for fans who are not even born yet. I have always considered it an honor to be a fan of the franchise. When I am worm food, whether that's today, tomorrow or whenever, I hope others will feel the same unshakeable pride as I have felt for this franchise for nearly 40 years long after I am dead and gone.

Go Cowboys. :)

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Fear is getting released now days it is a bit harder on a coach, you have cap and cutting a player can have a major impact. As for Jimmy he motivated as far as fear? who did he cut? curvin richards a back up. Emmitt would fall asleep during meetings according to Irvin and Aikman and Emmitt himself. You think Jimmy thought about cutting him? I don't think so. lol

I said in my post that Jimmy said he coddled his star players. Yes I believe Jimmy motived by being a tough guy. Troy was one of the very outspoken guys that said once Jimmy left the team lost their edge. Jimmy provided that edge.

You can find him talking in depth about how he handled the team in his NFL Network special. He was a tough *** on & off the field.