Twitter: Cowboy Tweets 1/4/18

Prossman

Reaction score
Agree.

Martin is under contract for 2018. I think they'll have that done first but they don't have to do it.
Giving him the 5th year tenure makes his salary count against our existing cap does it not? so a new contract would only free up cap money because the full 9.3 is already calculated in. Correct me if im wrong here.

Gaede

Reaction score
Saw a tweet that the Texans want to speak with mcClay for GM position. Matt Miller . Sorry, can’t post it, at work, on phone

dallasdave

Reaction score
I think any talk of a "2nd round tender" on David Irving is asinine.

May as well kiss him goodbye now.

The Patriots would only be too happy to pilfer talent like that for the pittance of their #64 draft pick.
Well said indeed SIR, they would jump all over that in a heartbeat.

dallasdave

Reaction score
That is not correct

How much they save against the cap is very important year to year

They only save 1.4m in cap space by cutting OScan this year........they save 3m in cash but the cap number is more important to being in compliance

What you are talking about is a more Macro, 3 year look at the cap but saying they save 12.5m against the cap by cutting Dez is inaccurate ....... they save 12.5m in cash
That's a lot of money to sign some free agents.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Giving him the 5th year tenure makes his salary count against our existing cap does it not? so a new contract would only free up cap money because the full 9.3 is already calculated in. Correct me if im wrong here.
Yes, you are correct.

waving monkey

Reaction score
That's also what I read. He was acknowledging that he knew the team was not letting him hit FA. That said, I would not be at all surprised if they end up signing him to a long-term deal this off-season, but Martin will be first priority, I'd imagine.
Your both right this is more correct