Cowboy Tweets 10/21

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
I'm asking but what will our cap space be in in five months? lol. That is ridiculous. 30th?

Spotrac says we are 31st in defensive spending. :banghead::banghead::banghead:
I'm sure that number will go up once we franchise Tank, but still.......good lord

wPqT5Uj.jpg

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Some have argued that we have used the same
I'm asking but what will our cap space be in in five months? lol. That is ridiculous. 30th?
That really depends on what we do with witten, Dez, Martin, and tank. I'm thinking we still will be in decent shape.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I guess it only took a second quarterback playing like one of the best in the league for people to finally say, "Hey, the problem might be the defense."

Though, in fairness, after the game the issue was "play calling" still.

Not that there aren't issues on offense, but this team is limited from winning big games by defense. And has been for six years at least.

Sydla

Reaction score
Though, in fairness, after the game the issue was "play calling" still.

Not that there aren't issues on offense, but this team is limited from winning big games by defense. And has been for six years at least.

And of course it's not Garrett's fault in the least.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
If nothing else, the two home losses and the bye finally have people talking about the problems on defense for Dallas for all these years.
Hey Idgit, how you doing my friend.

I agree that the problem is the defense, they just are not getting it done. I don’t think it’s just personnel either, it has scheme issues also.

I suggested a couple days ago that Rod needed to go and I was flamed by the Rod jock riders, but it’s a legit option. One of the tweets in this thread compares Rod’s defense to Rob Ryan’s and they are almost identical.

So with pretty much equal talent, Ryan and Rod are producing pretty much at the same level yet Ryan had to go and Rod is thought of as some defense guru.

And this is not just this year, its comparing the entire body of work between the two guys, so can somebody explain to me how Ryan was a scrub and had to go but Rod is a guru and should stay when their defense’s have almost identical stats in terms of points per game, yards per game, turnovers per game, etc...

robjay04

Reaction score
I can't believe we are 30th in defensive spending. cheap cheap cheap

I would assume we are near the top in offense especially if you account for Romo’s entire cap hit which was expected to be there this season. We are also usually pretty tight on the cap so I wouldn’t say cheap is the right word.

We obviously don’t value the defensive side as highly as offense and we don’t draft as well to be handing out second contracts.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hey Idgit, how you doing my friend.

I agree that the problem is the defense, they just are not getting it done. I don’t think it’s just personnel either, it has scheme issues also.

I suggested a couple days ago that Rod needed to go and I was flamed by the Rod jock riders, but it’s a legit option. One of the tweets in this thread compares Rod’s defense to Rob Ryan’s and they are almost identical.

So with pretty much equal talent, Ryan and Rod are producing pretty much at the same level yet Ryan had to go and Rod is thought of as some defense guru.

And this is not just this year, its comparing the entire body of work between the two guys, so can somebody explain to me how Ryan was a scrub and had to go but Rod is a guru and should stay when their defense’s have almost identical stats in terms of points per game, yards per game, turnovers per game, etc...
I thought the salary cap info basically explained what you are asking.

They made a huge investment in the defense for Ryan and got chaos.

They've given Marinelli a defense half full of rookies or very inexperienced players and are 30th or 31st in terms of using cap space on defense.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I thought the salary cap info basically explained what you are asking.

They made a huge investment in the defense for Ryan and got chaos.

They've given Marinelli a defense half full of rookies or very inexperienced players and are 30th or 31st in terms of using cap space on defense.
Of course you cherry pick this season, but Marinelli has not had a defense full of rookies every year, this is what, year 5?

And Marinelli has said he doesn’t need top end talent, remember they were going to draft Sheriif Floyd in the first round and Rod said he didn’t need him.