Cowboy Tweets 10/24

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

I disagree with this assessment. There was at least one play early where Cooper got bulled back into Dak's lap. Cooper had a really good game, but he allowed push inside at least on a couple of occasions. Maybe PFF doesn't count that as a pressure, but it kept Dak from being able to step into his throw so it counts as one in my book.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This coming Skins game is about as must a must win game as you'll find on the schedule.

You lose in Washington, you are staring at trying to right the ship and get back to .500 playing the Chiefs. Then have @Atlanta after that.

And FWIW, the Cowboys opened as a 2.5 point road favorite. That's a Cowboys line.

I think it's definitely a "must win".

They've dug a hole. If they hope to accomplish anything this year, they have to string not one, but several wins together to get back in the race. And they can help to take the Commanders out of the playoff race in the process.

The table is set. Win the game.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I don't know, that 35 yard pass on 4th and 2 in GB was a pretty aggressive decision against a good team where they somehow thought they had indisputable evidence to overturn the call on the field.

Sometimes you just don't get the break. It only takes one or two tough breaks to end a season when the margins between teams is that slim.

That may have been more Romo than JG. Love Dak to death but it's become very apparent from watching Romo calling games that he has a better feel for the game than JG does.

The thing about setting up a play like a down-out and up after doing 3 down and outs in a row and looking at the pictures of how the D is covering it, those are the kind of things that are missing in our coaching staff now.

Reactions: BAT

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That may have been more Romo than JG. Love Dak to death but it's become very apparent from watching Romo calling games that he has a better feel for the game than JG does.

The thing about setting up a play like a down-out and up after doing 3 down and outs in a row and looking at the pictures of how the D is covering it, those are the kind of things that are missing in our coaching staff now.

It was definitely Romo. But the option on that play was in the offense, so the team gets credit for it. Just like the blame for the end zone pass on the RPO in the recent Packers game. They could always have given a safer call entirely.

But the point is, there are times team's take chances in most close games. If they work, it's a gutsy call. If they don't, it was a foolish risk. Garrett's problem isn't with risk taking. His problem is he hasn't built a good enough defense and it consistently gets us beat v. really good teams.

visionary

Reaction score
It was definitely Romo. But the option on that play was in the offense, so the team gets credit for it. Just like the blame for the end zone pass on the RPO in the recent Packers game. They could always have given a safer call entirely.

But the point is, there are times team's take chances in most close games. If they work, it's a gutsy call. If they don't, it was a foolish risk. Garrett's problem isn't with risk taking. His problem is he hasn't built a good enough defense and it consistently gets us beat v. really good teams.

I don't care if that was Garrett or Romo
That was not a "gutsy play" it was a stupid and selfish play
Beasley was open for a first down, that is what you do
The team went home because of that one play

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score

What was it they said about ol' Bum? Something like "he can take his'n and beat your'n or he can take your'n and beat his'n"...he was a good coach!
Edit: Just looked it up, that was a quote from Bum referring to Don Shula (and Bear Bryant on another occasion). For some reason in my mind, it was referring to Bum's coaching ability. Oh well, he was still a helluva coach, IMO.