CowboyJoes 3rd mock with trades

DFWJC

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;3277846 said:
Well that is one of my pet peeves so to speak with these mock drafts that have us trading players left and right during the draft.

Now maybe I am being too harsh with Joe and he means it could happen before the draft and if so that might be more feasible but I just don't see three players being traded away on draft day when we do not have a history of that happening. Does not mean it will not happen, but it seems that it is something that is not likely to happen with one player let alone three.
I really just think Joe is having some fun before the draft. The odds of all of that happening is very very close to zero.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;3277811 said:
I said DURING the draft...not way before or after.

Pete Hunter IIRC was traded months after the draft...I was thinking in July.

Scott Shanle was traded during Training Camp...not during the draft.

Kenyon Coleman was not traded during the Draft...We did trade for him but it was not during the draft and later we released him.

Sean Ryan was traded but again not during the draft.

The only one that was traded on draft day was Darian Barnes....However We did not trade Darian Barnes...we traded for him. IIRC when he left it was because we released him not traded him. Getting a player during the draft is not the same as trading away a player for picks. I say this because Jerry has sad the value is not there however if you are trading to get a player the reverse would be true and you would get better value.

I don't recall Jerry trading one of our players to another team DURING the draft. You have in your mock not one but three trades.

He has been on record saying you can not get good return for your players during the draft.

The closest to the draft I remember him trading players for picks was Fasano and Akin A (sp?) to miami but that was still before the draft and not during the draft.

Your right, I didnt see where you said during the draft, akin, fergueson and fasano were the closest before the draft.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;3277846 said:
Well that is one of my pet peeves so to speak with these mock drafts that have us trading players left and right during the draft.

Now maybe I am being too harsh with Joe and he means it could happen before the draft and if so that might be more feasible but I just don't see three players being traded away on draft day when we do not have a history of that happening. Does not mean it will not happen, but it seems that it is something that is not likely to happen with one player let alone three.

Nah, your not being harsh with me, just rolls off of my back. On the trading I mean that just for trading as cowboys fans hopefuls.

I do think that some type of trades will go down this year, alot of moving back and forth, several general managers have said they see this happening. And like trading players for players duing the draft, if your not happy with your players production and the contract fits for each player.

Plus, i see this happening because teams will be gearing up for the lockout due to no salary cap in 2011.

I dont remember what year it was, but one year, the draft took the longest in the first round etc because teams were trading back and forth. this is what I see happening. If any trades happen, will be before the draft when trades are allowed again by the NFL. Kinda like when the cowboys traded jason fergueson. We first have to wait and see what teams do in free agency, what players you might lose if any and what players are there to sign as free agents from other teams.

then, i do think you will see some trades with the cowboys, nothing big, but some trades.

that way come draft time, jerry has some ammunition to trade up or down come draft time. And yes, I see jerry trading up and down during the draft like he did in 2008 and 2009.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
DFWJC;3277862 said:
I realy just think Joe is having some fun before the draft. The odds of all of that happening is very very close to zero.

Bingo, just having fun with the trades. Dont think that many like i had will happen, but i do think some trading up and down kinda like jerry jones did in 2008 and 2009.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
TrueBeliever007;3278474 said:
im not suprised if u don't get beaten up and put in the hospital:bow: :lmao2:

yawning.jpg