Cowboys 1996-2020

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
hahaha.
If I was Jerry his quote should have been I wake up every morning with the goal of taking this team back to the Super Bowl.
Not once did he say that? The majority of what he was saying how much he cared about attendance at the stadium, the interest of the networks, the training camp attendance, promotion of the team.
I work everyday to make the team stays relevant and interesting...
Did he even mention SB???? 7-9 to 9-7 and he is a happy as a clam.
No, he didn't say the words SB explicitly. But he clear as day said he'd trade assets (money) for winning.

You're taking quotes out of context too now. You should go work for BTB, you'd be great at generating clicks and providing no substance.

dckid

Reaction score
He very literally did not say that, relative to winning.

Moron.

@Future nice thrown in of the word Moron.... So no you have resorted to name calling. All of you nonsense you spewed is coming back at you.
All the crap Jerry said about trading all that for a first down, was tied to him going back and buying the team. He has the same sob story going back to 1989. We all know how he was leveraged when he bought the team. Present day Jerry is not the man he was 30+ years ago.

dckid

Reaction score
No, he didn't say the words SB explicitly. But he clear as day said he'd trade assets (money) for winning.

You're taking quotes out of context too now. You should go work for BTB, you'd be great at generating clicks and providing no substance.
The assets for money makes no sense. NFL owners don't need to trade wins or success in relation to earning more money.
Teams don't lose money. The salary cap prevents an owner from going crazy, it controls spending along with the CBA. I don't begrudge Jerry from earning as much money as humanly possible.
I just believe he has ruined this franchise beyond repair, we are the butt of jokes. Winning is not one of his priorities.
People please wake up, the majority of this huge quote was all about the the circus, eyeballs, attendance, brand building, one little blurb about money vs first down, then it went to what he did in 1989 being levered up to buy the team.
He is telling us what he priority is. I really really wish the NFL can force him to sell. He has made all the money his family will ever need. Just sell to Bezos or some other savy guy and have your statue outside the stadium.