Cowboys 1st Depth Chart - Todd Archer

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
I mean I assume this is the expected full season depth chart, right and not the depth chart for the Bucs game.

Because I find it hard to believe that Michael Gallup is starting Sunday night.

They didn't put that much thought into it. If they were taking the view you're suggesting, Peters would be LT1.

RS12

Reaction score
IF much of that backup O Line needs to play any length of time, head immediately to the draft zone.

quickccc

Reaction score
- Bohanna in the starting lineup now ? that's 100% about stopping the run first ...
How often, ..how many reps and 1st downs we'll see Quinton will one to behold. ..

- Armstrong to combine with Dlaw in the starting lineup.. another sign of high priority of stopping the run first and foremost.

- The only thing that could change the difference and dynamics is opposing teams starting out fast in no huddle offenses, (and staying that way ?)
in an effort to eliminate Quinn's excessive sub-packages and multi-alignments.

Jarntt

Reaction score
On run downs, so Bohanna will probably take the first defensive snap of the game. He probably wont play more than 30% of the snaps
But if Bohanna is starting at the 1 tech, wouldn't you expect Gallimore to be next to him at the 3 for those early down defensive snaps since Gallimore is going to play some at both DT spots?

Rayman70

Reaction score
You can get that with a younger cheaper player that may actually have some upside. Basham is at his ceiling as a barely rosterable DE
I tend 2 AGREE. The Tafua kid we just cut is an example of what you suggest. Rather have him on the 53 than Basham, more I think about what you said. Big Kat Bryant is another. He flashed as well.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
I wouldn't read anything into the DL depth chart - or the front 7 for that matter.

The only two guys that will be playing a significant majority of the snaps on the front 7 are Parsons and DLaw, everyone else will just be pieces for Quinn to play depending on the opponent, the down-and-distance, etc. Very refreshing after the Rod years

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
- Bohanna in the starting lineup now ? that's 100% about stopping the run first ...
How often, ..how many reps and 1st downs we'll see Quinton will one to behold. ..

- Armstrong to combine with Dlaw in the starting lineup.. another sign of high priority of stopping the run first and foremost.

- The only thing that could change the difference and dynamics is opposing teams starting out fast in no huddle offenses, (and staying that way ?)
in an effort to eliminate Quinn's excessive sub-packages and multi-alignments.
Players like Bohanna "starting" is pretty standard actually

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
But if Bohanna is starting at the 1 tech, wouldn't you expect Gallimore to be next to him at the 3 for those early down defensive snaps since Gallimore is going to play some at both DT spots?
Id wager to say 65% to 70% of defensive snaps with have a combination of Odighizuwa, Gallimore and Hill at both DT spots

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think the depth chart on defense is somewhat deceiving because of the way Dan Quinn uses people. After 2-3 games, we will have a better feel for these guys based on snap counts, not starting positions.

exciter

Reaction score
Not one surprise. Even the izzy backing up Kearse. I can't understand people saying bell reminds them of Kearse with izzy standing next to him identical
Bell’s pro day listed him at 6’3”, so it’s not that big a stretch, his official pro day 40 was 4.41… Mukuamo 4.46. Kearse ran 4.6s, if he had run a 4.5 he’d have been a late 2nd early 3rd… he was a really good college safety! Just pre season but the jump Mukuamo made from last year was outstanding… barring injury he may be around for a bit!

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Bell’s pro day listed him at 6’3”, so it’s not that big a stretch, his official pro day 40 was 4.41… Mukuamo 4.46. Kearse ran 4.6s, if he had run a 4.5 he’d have been a late 2nd early 3rd… he was a really good college safety! Just pre season but the jump Mukuamo made from last year was outstanding… barring injury he may be around for a bit!
Bell looks nothing like 6'3