Cowboys 2024 Schedule by projected starting QBs

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You think we improved or stayed the same since last year?
Definitely improved especially on defense. Zimmer will make sure that happens. I also believe the offense will be better. Dak played lights out in MM’s first year as OC and with development of Ferguson, Tolbert and an infusion of some monsters on the offensive line, they should be better. At least I’m hopeful. Still big questions at DT and RB that need to be answered.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Definitely improved especially on defense. Zimmer will make sure that happens. I also believe the offense will be better. Dak played lights out in MM’s first year as OC and with development of Ferguson, Tolbert and an infusion of some monsters on the offensive line, they should be better. At least I’m hopeful. Still big questions at DT and RB that need to be answered.
How would you grade an improvement?

Chasing6

Reaction score
It is a fair question.

Is it strictly based off wins and losses? Stats? Personal opinion? More Pro Bowlers?

If we have a significantly tougher schedule,
which we do, and we had a cake walk last year, How are you going to compare the two seasons?

By quality wins, instead of total wins.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Is it possible for us to improve and be a better team than last year, but still lose the Divison to the Eagles?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It will still comes down QB vs. defenses.

Will our defense be good enough to contain those offenses. And will our offense be better against the better defenses.
Especially in the playoffs.

We know the history. So can thy improve that.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I would take regular season Dak over 95% of these guys.
Yes, but we have been spoiled with QBs like Staubach and Aikman..... a long, long time ago.

Very hard to find the next true FQB, but many fans that enjoy 12-5 and just knocking at the door of post season play and staying relevant are defined here as the pro Dak allegiance.

Those that are willing to take a dip in regular season performance have seen all they need to see to determine that Daks ceiling was yesterday, and are willing to roll the dice now, are defined here as the anti-Dak allegiance.

Both sides of the fan base have a legitimate argument, this coming from an anti-Daker for those not paying attention, and I have spent many hours running the scenarios through my mind, and I have finally come to the conclusion that due to the entirely botched contract given to Dak that there is absolutely no way out that doesn't leave a major scar.

Jerry and Son are shaking like two hookers in Church over this insane debacle.

What an incredibly horrible situation that they painted themselves into a corner with, and there is almost know way out.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Yes, but we have been spoiled with QBs like Staubach and Aikman..... a long, long time ago.

Very hard to find the next true FQB, but many fans that enjoy 12-5 and just knocking at the door of post season play and staying relevant are defined here as the pro Dak allegiance.

Those that are willing to take a dip in regular season performance have seen all they need to see to determine that Daks ceiling was yesterday, and are willing to roll the dice now, are defined here as the anti-Dak allegiance.

Both sides of the fan base have a legitimate argument, this coming from an anti-Daker for those not paying attention, and I have spent many hours running the scenarios through my mind, and I have finally come to the conclusion that due to the entirely botched contract given to Dak that there is absolutely no way out that doesn't leave a major scar.

Jerry and Son are shaking like two hookers in Church over this insane debacle.

What an incredibly horrible situation that they painted themselves into a corner with, and there is almost know way out.
Those of you who can not admit that Troy played for the best team money could buy and the arguable best team ever assembled is mind baffling.

Troy did not carry the Cowboys to the SB.

Our 90's SB teams had very little to no weaknesses.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
It is a fair question.

Is it strictly based off wins and losses? Stats? Personal opinion? More Pro Bowlers?

If we have a significantly tougher schedule,
which we do, and we had a cake walk last year, How are you going to compare the two seasons?

By quality wins, instead of total wins.
You don’t know if the schedule is tougher. Every year, teams are different. There were numerous folks here who said last years schedule was tough when it came out. It’s a symptom of always being negative. You end up always being negative. Not talking about you necessarily.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Those of you who can not admit that Troy played for the best team money could buy and the arguable best team ever assembled is mind baffling.

Troy did not carry the Cowboys to the SB.

Our 90's SB teams had very little to no weaknesses.
Where are you even going with this?
Did you only read the first line of my post?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
You don’t know if the schedule is tougher. Every year, teams are different. There were numerous folks here who said last years schedule was tough when it came out. It’s a symptom of always being negative. You end up always being negative. Not talking about you necessarily.
Peeps get overly trusting in stats and early reports, and nobody knows at this point who is going to be strong or weak.
Just early projections like throwing darts at a dart board from the other side of the bar.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Where are you even going with this?
Did you only read the first line of my post?
We were also spoiled with Romo and now Dak.

Even GM Jethro stated his worst regret was not winning a SB with Romo. He may very well end up changing that to with Dak.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
We were also spoiled with Romo and now Dak.

Even GM Jethro stated his worst regrets was not winning a SB with Romo. He may very well end up changing that to Dak.
I was talking Lombardi's my friend, and I don't care about Jethros regrets.