Cowboys 2024 Schedule by projected starting QBs

morat1959

Reaction score
Usually means nothing.

The better team typically wins. Your missed perception of the winning team automatically having the better QB is a fallacy.
Usually means everything. You fail to acknowledge that the most important position on the field makes everything around them better.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Usually means everything. You fail to acknowledge that the most important position on the field makes everything around them better.
You are correct. Thanks for educating me. I had no idea QB could make DT better.

Maybe it is Dak's fault that Mazi struggled last year.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Usually can also mean 50.1% of the time.
Really dude? I mean..I'm not gonna sit here and parse words with you...especially when you make up stupid stuff like this.

We both KNOW what "usually" means...and it's not a tenth of a percent above half.

You have lost your mind and sound logic and reason..... exactly like rockport has...hmmmm interesting! Breaking your back...er.,..backs?...to protect poor little daky boy.

Do the better QBs USUALLY win? Nobody said it was ALL because of them.

"all" means 100% of the time...just so we are clear.

There are OF COURSE exceptions. Marino is one. He was more often the better QB.

The better QB's give the offense a better chance to win and they ALSO give the defense a better chance by protecting the ball and scoring. A QB giving the other team 14 easy 1st half points is NOT the better QB. ...unless the OTHER qb gives them 21.

This should be easy unless you have lost your mind or ...trolling. Which is it for you?

Chasing6

Reaction score
Really dude? I mean..I'm not gonna sit here and parse words with you...especially when you make up stupid stuff like this.

We both KNOW what "usually" means...and it's not a tenth of a percent above half.

You have lost your mind and sound logic and reason..... exactly like rockport has...hmmmm interesting! Breaking your back...er.,..backs?...to protect poor little daky boy.

Do the better QBs USUALLY win? Nobody said it was ALL because of them.

"all" means 100% of the time...just so we are clear.

There are OF COURSE exceptions. Marino is one. He was more often the better QB.

The better QB's give the offense a better chance to win and they ALSO give the defense a better chance by protecting the ball and scoring. A QB giving the other team 14 easy 1st half points is NOT the better QB. ...unless the OTHER qb gives them 21.

This should be easy unless you have lost your mind or ...trolling. Which is it for you?
Do teams with better defenses usually win? Or usually lose?

plasticman

Reaction score
I often consider two scenarios....

1. Which QB in SB history was the most unlikely to win but did so as a result of the quality of their team?

2. Which QB in SB history did the best job of carrying their team to a SB championship when they had little else but an elite QB?

I'm going with Trent Dilfer and the Ravens in 2000 for #1 and Eli Manning and the Giants in both 2007 and 2011 for #2.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do teams with better defenses usually win? Or usually lose?
Depends on how much better the QB is.

Good QBs do often beat good defenses. "Often" is...sometimes. Like 54.3%

Sometimes good QB lose to crappy defenses. See Dak.

We could start a bookie venture about it.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I often consider two scenarios....

1. Which QB in SB history was the most unlikely to win but did so as a result of the quality of their team?

2. Which QB in SB history did the best job of carrying their team to a SB championship when they had little else but an elite QB?

I'm going with Trent Dilfer and the Ravens in 2000 for #1 and Eli Manning and the Giants in both 2007 and 2011 for #2.
Wait....Eli...those teams were STACKED. Two big bruising RBs...outstanding WRs that flat out chased the ball and got it when you...er eli...heaved it up to where ever. And very decent defenses too. 2007 was a good year for them where you get off calling yourself "we had nobody else but my elite self"?

Man these crazy spoof impersonating that happens here it; crazy!

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The Home/Away schedule favors the Cowboys, with home games against many of the playoff teams. The Cowboys could end up with a 13-4 record, and 10-2 in the conference, which gives them a real shot at the #1 seed in the NFC.
anything is possible , but the odds are against them doing that good.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Wait....Eli...those teams were STACKED. Two big bruising RBs...outstanding WRs that flat out chased the ball and got it when you...er eli...heaved it up to where ever. And very decent defenses too. 2007 was a good year for them where you get off calling yourself "we had nobody else but my elite self"?

They were very good teams imo.
Eli also played better once in playoffs.
People even jerry went on about them being what 9-7 wc team that won SB, (thats why jerry thinks any team that just gets in can win)
that was a 13-3 team that had injuries early on, then about half way thru, they got those guys back and went on the winning streak, all the way to SB.

They were complete teams, with a very good defense. They beat GB in GB , when GB and our current HC was 15-1, and I think they beat the pats
when they were undefeated.

plasticman

Reaction score

Giants, 2007, was ranked 14th in points scored, 16th in offensive yardage, 17h in points allowed and 7th in yardage allowed. They were ranked 26th in turnover differential. They were underdogs in the divisional and conference rounds and they were certainly underdogs against the undefeated Patriots.

In 2011 this "stacked" Giants team went 9-7, they were ranked 25th in points allowed and 27th in yards allowed.

There was nothing dominant about the Giants in either regular season. They were 7-7 in the middle of December in 2007. They beat the Packers in overtime to win the conference and they beat the Patriots in the last 35 seconds.

They ran the ball very little in both playoff years. Eli passed for over 1200 yards in four playoff games in 2011 and around 850 yards in three games in 2007. So, in those seven combined playoff games for 2007 and 2011, Eli passed for over 2000 yards, 15 TD's and 2 INT's.

That is textbook definition of a QB carrying a team. Do you have a better example?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Giants, 2007, was ranked 14th in points scored, 16th in offensive yardage, 17h in points allowed and 7th in yardage allowed. They were ranked 26th in turnover differential. They were underdogs in the divisional and conference rounds and they were certainly underdogs against the undefeated Patriots.

In 2011 this "stacked" Giants team went 9-7, they were ranked 25th in points allowed and 27th in yards allowed.

There was nothing dominant about the Giants in either regular season. They were 7-7 in the middle of December in 2007. They beat the Packers in overtime to win the conference and they beat the Patriots in the last 35 seconds.

They ran the ball very little in both playoff years. Eli passed for over 1200 yards in four playoff games in 2011 and around 850 yards in three games in 2007. So, in those seven combined playoff games for 2007 and 2011, Eli passed for over 2000 yards, 15 TD's and 2 INT's.

That is textbook definition of a QB carrying a team. Do you have a better example?
So you put all your stock in those stats? Well okay.

We had EXCELLENT stats in 2023 and pooped our pants.

So those stats resulted in opposite results and prove they aren't the only factors in the end results.

You think their resurgence was ONLY a result of Eli?

Another case of when a team wins it's the QB...and ONLY the QB that did it.

Very agenda driven. Exposed.

plasticman

Reaction score
So you put all your stock in those stats? Well okay.

We had EXCELLENT stats in 2023 and pooped our pants.

So those stats resulted in opposite results and prove they aren't the only factors in the end results.

You think their resurgence was ONLY a result of Eli?

Another case of when a team wins it's the QB...and ONLY the QB that did it.

Very agenda driven. Exposed.
The Giants in 2011......terrible stats.....terrible regular season record...... a little luck.....and the type of QB you don't want to play against in a tight elimination game.

Exposed? Yes, I admit I evaluate information before arriving at a conclusion. You got me.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Giants in 2011......terrible stats.....terrible regular season record...... a little luck.....and the type of QB you don't want to play against in a tight elimination game.

Exposed? Yes, I admit I evaluate information before arriving at a conclusion. You got me.
So nobody on that team helped them excel but Eli.

That is your valid evaluation?

Okay. It's a team game until it conveniently isn't.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Definitely improved especially on defense. Zimmer will make sure that happens. I also believe the offense will be better. Dak played lights out in MM’s first year as OC and with development of Ferguson, Tolbert and an infusion of some monsters on the offensive line, they should be better. At least I’m hopeful. Still big questions at DT and RB that need to be answered.
OK, “Definitely improved“, “they should be better”, “at least I’m hopeful”, “Still big questions that need to be answered”. Your confidence is all over the place.