Cowboys add nearly 11 million of cap space on Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mannix

Reaction score
------Is there anyone available that would qualify as a splash?

Nolan Carroll

irishline

Reaction score
DeAndre Hopkins or Leonard Fournette. I'm not arguing for (or against) either, just saying they would make a splash

At this point the only way Fournette makes a splash is if he falls backwards into a pool. He is basically just as finished as Zeke. He was happily replaced by a running back who averaged 3.7 ypc last year on 129 carries (Fournette had 3.5 ypc on 189).

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At this point the only way Fournette makes a splash is if he falls backwards into a pool. He is basically just as finished as Zeke. He was happily replaced by a running back who averaged 3.7 ypc last year on 129 carries (Fournette had 3.5 ypc on 189).
I'm not so sure. Fournette is just one season removed from a strong season sharing time with Ronald Jones (a reunion!) and might be a pretty strong change of pace back complimenting Pollard. We certainly don't have a larger RB like Fournette on the roster unless the undrafted FA makes the team.

But regardless if what he would end up showing, the name alone would make a splash. My guess is the fan base would be divided among those that love the move or hate it. Possibly not much in between

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Yea he's totally washed. Significantly less utility than Zeke, because he doesn't have any of the lateral quickness.

ESisback

Reaction score
I'm not so sure. Fournette is just one season removed from a strong season sharing time with Ronald Jones (a reunion!) and might be a pretty strong change of pace back complimenting Pollard. We certainly don't have a larger RB like Fournette on the roster unless the undrafted FA makes the team.

But regardless if what he would end up showing, the name alone would make a splash. My guess is the fan base would be divided among those that love the move or hate it. Possibly not much in between
The fanbase is divided on virtually every position. I suspect they like the Pollard/Vaughn dynamic, and want Luepke to fill the short yardage role. A three way battle (Jones, Davis Dowdle) for the final piece, and if someone better becomes available after June 1…

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Get our STUD QB :muttley: another HB!
MANDATORY as only the running game can give us any hope to make the playoffs this coming season and Pollard is NOT a # 1 HB!!!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The fanbase is divided on virtually every position. I suspect they like the Pollard/Vaughn dynamic, and want Luepke to fill the short yardage role. A three way battle (Jones, Davis Dowdle) for the final piece, and if someone better becomes available after June 1…
I like the idea of that, but the problem with it is Vaughn and Luepke are complete unknowns at the NFL level. If that were to work out the Cowboys would look like geniuses, but Jerry's efforts to look like a football genius often backfire.

As for Jones, Davis and Dowdle, that still leaves a lot of questions with the depth at RB. Jones has had a couple of good seasons, but he's a few years removed from them. Davis has looked pretty solid, especially for a 3rd teamer, but it's still a very small sample size. And frankly, I would be shocked if Dowdle makes the roster, other than possibly the practice team. I think Davis is much better. I belief is the battle there is between Davis and Jones unless someone new is signed

Last edited:

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Get those bargin basement elbows tuned-up, baby! It's happening (a wee bit of sarcasm)

Status
Not open for further replies.