Cowboys Admission of Guilt

Blitzen

Reaction score
Let me be clear so that I don't have to read a bunch of lazy brain responses. I and every Cowboys supporter want to watch the Cowboys succeed.

Hoping LVE turns out to be the second coming of Urlacher. Looking back or criticizing yourself to me is about learning the lesson and improving. Yesterday's pick was in general a full admission of guilt from the DC that they made a big mistake with the Jaylon Smith pick. They were hoping that he would eventually take over and play MLB and play every down next to Sean Lee for at least 3-4 years. Yes, he may still end up turning his career on full blast this season. But it won't be what they were envisioning. 2nd round picks need to contribute more than he has, and he will be used elsewhere like Sam which may be his best fit. Not going to be playing tons of downs if LVE works out like they are hoping and Sean Lee stays healthy (also like they are hoping).

Hopefully, the Cowboys learned that character concerns and injury concerns are definitely enough to take the player off till like the 5th round if not altogether. This crap about Jerry having an advantage because of his job security is bulsh. Just because you can take greater risk does not improve your odds of hitting the lottery...

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Let me be clear so that I don't have to read a bunch of lazy brain responses. I and every Cowboys supporter want to watch the Cowboys succeed.

Hoping LVE turns out to be the second coming of Urlacher. Looking back or criticizing yourself to me is about learning the lesson and improving. Yesterday's pick was in general a full admission of guilt from the DC that they made a big mistake with the Jaylon Smith pick. They were hoping that he would eventually take over and play MLB and play every down next to Sean Lee for at least 3-4 years. Yes, he may still end up turning his career on full blast this season. But it won't be what they were envisioning. 2nd round picks need to contribute more than he has, and he will be used elsewhere like Sam which may be his best fit. Not going to be playing tons of downs if LVE works out like they are hoping and Sean Lee stays healthy (also like they are hoping).

Hopefully, the Cowboys learned that character concerns and injury concerns are definitely enough to take the player off till like the 5th round if not altogether. This crap about Jerry having an advantage because of his job security is bulsh. Just because you can take greater risk does not improve your odds of hitting the lottery...
Just more negativity from you. You just can’t help it.

Reaction score
I interpreted yesterday's pick as addressing a unit that's dangerously thin and needed some serious depth. There is not much behind Jaylon and Lee.

With your logic, if the DC pick another LB today and/or Sat, they're admitting LVE was a bust.

Last edited:

jrumann59

Reaction score

Or it could be they lost Hitchens, Lee is getting old, Jaylon could be average and Damien Wilson is an OK starter and the depth beyond that is pretty steep drop off.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Go watch the rams, packers, chargers and eagles game from last year and then tell me they didn’t need linebacker help. Seriously.

The fact that he can play in space and run is the best part. That touchdown to gurley and the packers doing whatever they wanted running the ball last year should tell everyone how bad this team needs linebacker help

Blitzen

Reaction score
Very poor and lazy post. You do realize teams need THREE starting LBers, right. We lost a starter in Hitchens and needed a replacement. LVE is that replacement and he’s also an upgrade. Like far too many on here, all you want to do is whine and *****.

This team does not play every down with three LB. They do not use the Sam every down. Jaylon was supposed to play MLB eventually to replace Hitchens. I'm moving on and want LVE to succeed And Jaylon.

Blitzen

Reaction score
Listen to your own advice. So what are you going to ***** about next? Charlottes dress?

Still waiting on what you are attempting to accomplish. Are you wanting to make an argument that you believe they didn't want Jaylon to be MLB?

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
This is not an admission on Jaylon. Nothing that has happened with him surprises them. They knew he’d miss 2016, would hopefully be back for 2017 with his best football in 2018. If he doesn’t get better this year then ok it didn’t work out, but this is in response to Hitchens not Jaylon

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
This team does not play every down with three LB. They do not use the Sam every down. Jaylon was supposed to play MLB eventually to replace Hitchens. I'm moving on and want LVE to succeed And Jaylon.
What are you saying, you know the roster already? You know where the LBers are going to line up already?

waving monkey

Reaction score
+-Before the draft I ran a few vids on LVE and thought he was OK but moved on. After the pick today I have watched his interviews
and read his history let me tell you you want this guy on your team. Big effort guy like Lee who is 32 and will take over Lee spot then Lee
starts coaching him. As far as admitting a mistake jezz man I love em both. After Lee has retired JSmith and LVE will be a dynamic duo.
Mistake? I dont think so.

Blitzen

Reaction score
When CZ regulars are saying you are too negative it may be time to seek help.

I like how saying both positive hopeful things and something negative is taking as an overall negative. Like you are either a positive or negative poster. There is no in between.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Still waiting on what you are attempting to accomplish. Are you wanting to make an argument that you believe they didn't want Jaylon to be MLB?
In case you missed it, and obviously you did, they lost Hitchens to free agency. And as far as what I’m trying to accomplish I’m just not going to give fans like you that come here a whine like a school girl about EVERYTHING the Cowboys do a pass. You reap what you sow.