Twitter: Cowboys admit they mishandled WR

TheCritic

Reaction score
Still don't get why getting rid of Cooper was a mistake. He wasn't playing up to his contract and was worthless on the road. Glad they got rid of him!

Rayman70

Reaction score
Still don't get why getting rid of Cooper was a mistake. He wasn't playing up to his contract and was worthless on the road. Glad they got rid of him!
it was the way they did it and what they received for him. Smearing the guy BEFORE they even traded him.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Stevie admitting, they mishandled Amari and the wr position is a vast understatement...its like saying the Titanic sprung a leak ....etc etc

TheCritic

Reaction score
it was the way they did it and what they received for him. Smearing the guy BEFORE they even traded him.
BS. Everyone and their dog knew the Cowboys were going to cut him. They were lucky to get a trade at all!

TheCritic

Reaction score
To be clear, where the Cowboys messed up was relying on Gallup to be ready. But it was not wrong to get rid of Cooper.

Rayman70

Reaction score
BS. Everyone and their dog knew the Cowboys were going to cut him. They were lucky to get a trade at all!
Its true what I said. The Mike Fishers of the world were spewing their veiled spin against him way before he was dealt. Amari was classy while here and this team botched it and run him. He didnt quit and he didnt have shrinkage issues. Thats a Boldface lie and they all know it. They simply didnt wanna pay the guy the money. In their arrogance, they tried 2 replace Amari with a draftee and James Washington. 1 year later, here we are still having a big void.

Rayman70

Reaction score
To be clear, where the Cowboys messed up was relying on Gallup to be ready. But it was not wrong to get rid of Cooper.
Yes the MG thing was dumb. ARROGANT. I agree with the Amari thing except the way we did it was ugly. They used a media Lackey Mike Fisher, 2 smear Amari on the way out 2 justify trading him. I wish they would have been honest and said hey we cant afford him. But they didnt.

zekecowboy

Reaction score
very shocked he admitted this....but i need all those guys who talked about what a good decision it was to trade amari and rely on a 3rd round rookie and a one legged gallup to own up to it as well. You know who you are!
Trading Amari was a huge mistake by the Cowboys!! Dallas supposedly plans to draft 2 wide receivers in draft this year.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
very shocked he admitted this....but i need all those guys who talked about what a good decision it was to trade amari and rely on a 3rd round rookie and a one legged gallup to own up to it as well. You know who you are!
Yep, the homers lapped up the company line like a kitten with a warm bowl of milk.

Dont hold your breath waiting for them to admit they were wrong, they will avoid this thread like the plague.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
The situation with Cooper is still an odd one. To me it's always been about letting a good player get away for peanuts, not the fact just dumping him.

We did gamble on hoping Gallup, Washington, or Tolbert would step up for this team. I bet we won't take that gamble again and infuse more talent into the receiver room this year.
Jerry and his idiot boy let personal feelings affect business decisions.

Coop would not get the Covid vax and that pissed them off, Jerry even went on the radio and said Coop was "not a team player".

Getting rid of Coop had nothing to do with his on field ability, they just hoped everybody else could pick up the slack and they were wrong.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Our team has plenty of work to do in the offseason. Solidifying the OL and the WR position are only two of them. Cornerback is another position that will require some concentrated effort as well. Let's see if the FO is willing to do something substantial with their need to plug the run at DT. I'm hoping to see a promising offensive guard and tackle added to the roster at some point. The current roster is far from a finished product. Let's hope to see some encouraging improvements come to light in the weeks ahead. The considerable number of assistant coaching changes promise to offer some significant challenge for this team to start the upcoming season fully prepared to offer winning football. Challenges galore certainly promise to present themselves in 2023 and beyond. Let's be especially patient in the meantime. Let's hope Big Mike has a handle on things. He has a lot to resolve.

Last edited:

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Jerry and his idiot boy let personal feelings affect business decisions.

Coop would not get the Covid vax and that pissed them off, Jerry even went on the radio and said Coop was "not a team player".

Getting rid of Coop had nothing to do with his on field ability, they just hoped everybody else could pick up the slack and they were wrong.
They did have a vendetta to get rid of Cooper, but it was more than just the covid vaccine. I would also say on the field he was inconsistent with his effort. I still think he was a good player though, that should have fetched much more than a 5th rounder.