Status
Not open for further replies.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Sheesh here’s your starting D-Line last year to this year

2019: LDE- DLaw, 3T-M.Collins, 1T- A.Woods, RDE- Quinn

2020: LDE- DLaw, 3T-McCoy, 1T- Poe, RDE- RG/TCraw/outside FA/draft pick

Big upgrade if you ask me, especially with DLaw healthier
only downgrade i see is crawford vs quinn. Wonder if Dorance Armstrong can step up and become a player. Or we can get a guy in the draft. Man wish we had drafted TJ Watt. .

ondaedg

Reaction score
Our defensive line will be only as good as our LB's ability to read, run and TACKLE along the line of scrimmage. J Smith better get a new gear this next year and LVE better get healthy.

Jaylon was caught leaning or not reading the play while sitting 4-6 yds off the line of scrimmage. Hoping that was coaching and not a weakness for him.

Oneiros

Reaction score
Used to be a monster. No longer the beast he was in KC.
And yet he's still better than any one on our team currently so I consider that a win.

Still would have preferred Snacks but I'm still happy with the signing that its at least a step in the right direction.

Oneiros

Reaction score
Actually, according dallascowboys.com it looks like they're still in discussion and it hasn't been finalized yet.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
We're not going to sign Griffen. You know the Cowboys' golden rule in free agency. You must ignore one glaring need and hope for the best. This year that is DE.
Griffen is a fruit cake. Why would they want to depend on a guy who is mentally unstable.

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
Griffen is a fruit cake. Why would they want to depend on a guy who is mentally unstable.

Kind of like them depending on a guy who has failed, on multiple occasions, to stay clean for his job?

Gregory and Griffen both have issues, one just happens to be a lot cheaper..yet still not guaranteed to play this season.

Ekspozed

Reaction score
Kind of like them depending on a guy who has failed, on multiple occasions, to stay clean for his job?

Gregory and Griffen both have issues, one just happens to be a lot cheaper..yet still not guaranteed to play this season.
We drafted Gregory and he's younger and still under contract.

jnday

Reaction score
Was the Panther’s DL really good last year? I honestly don’t know how they played last year and I was wondering because the Cowboys have brought the Panther’s DL to Dallas and everybody seems so excited. Did Dallas trade some very average young players for some NFL journeymen that are on the downside of their careers? I am trying to get some ideal about the new DL to see if it was nothing more than an upgrade due to the new DL being big names. Don’t get me wrong, something had to be done to address the DL, but was signing two declining DL it?

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
We drafted Gregory and he's younger and still under contract.

Right. If/when he gets reinstated..he'll be playing.

But the subject on hand was that Griffen is a few tacos short of a fiesta plate..why would Dallas rely on him? As far as "mental stability" and "accountability" go, Gregory and Griffen are equals.

SackMaster

Reaction score
Don't know and don't care.
I second this.

The Panther D-Line could have been one of the best in the league, but that does not automatically transfer when players change teams.

Cowboys fans should understand this pretty well from last year with Quinn. His year in Miami was not very good, but he came here, at least rushed the QB very well, and then got his payday with the Bears.

What happens on one team may not matter when that player moves to a new team.

Well all just need to wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.