Signed by Cowboys Cowboys agree to terms with Dontari Poe

Status
Not open for further replies.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stats don't matter when it comes to a nose tackle. His job is to eat double teams, plug the run and push the pocket on passing plays.
He can do all of that well and never show up on the stat sheet.
He'll allow the LBs to have a clean shot at the RB, he'll allow other D-linemen to get one-on-ones and he will take away the QBs ability to step up into the pocket.
:hammer:

Londonboy

Reaction score
Anybody running a book on the number of posts before this is officially confirmed?
I'll bet a quilted 4-ply toilet role (currently the most valuable commodity on planet earth) at 2-1 odds on 500+ posts.

CowboysBravesSpurs

Reaction score
I don’t like Mike Nolan. He’s a loser

This season is not looking good. Hope Dak plays well enough to get the Pittsburgh QB job in 2021.#realorganization

I go where Dak goes... and I hope Dak can get the hell out of Dallas!

You think Mike Nolan can match SF defensive coordinator?

Cowboys only hope will depend on if MM can duplicate what Andy Reid did in KC. And I’m not about winning the SB, I’m talking about the 51-25 record KC had under Reid before Wonder Boi took a snap.

This defense could be way worse than it was under coach Nod. At the very least coach Nod D kept you in the game. I have my doubts with Nolan. Combined with less than stellar personnel, things might be ugly!
“I go where Dak goes”. Yikes, I like Dak & hope we sign him, but imagine being obsessed with Dak to the point where you have no integrity in fandom. Thread isn’t even about Dak & you’re on here creaming yourself over him. It’s embarrassing.

chagus

Reaction score
I don’t like Mike Nolan. He’s a loser

This season is not looking good. Hope Dak plays well enough to get the Pittsburgh QB job in 2021.#realorganization

I go where Dak goes... and I hope Dak can get the hell out of Dallas!

You think Mike Nolan can match SF defensive coordinator?

Cowboys only hope will depend on if MM can duplicate what Andy Reid did in KC. And I’m not about winning the SB, I’m talking about the 51-25 record KC had under Reid before Wonder Boi took a snap.

This defense could be way worse than it was under coach Nod. At the very least coach Nod D kept you in the game. I have my doubts with Nolan. Combined with less than stellar personnel, things might be ugly!

I'll give you this: you certainly live up to your name. It is literally GAME OVER for this 2020 team!

LOL!!!

Go follow Tom Brady or something.

ColoradoCowboy

Reaction score
4 days and counting with nothing official.

If this was just some "contract language", it would have been done by now.

John813

Reaction score
Mayyyyybbbbbeeee they are thinking about Brockers now? lol

Cowboy-33

Reaction score
Really - what the heck is going on? Is he a Cowboy or am I gonna read that he signed with the eagals pretty soon ?

jujoboys

Reaction score
Is this official? If so what are the details?

I assume that this signing will not become official until a physical can be completed on Dontari Poe since he missed the last 5 games of 2019 due to having surgery on a torn quad muscle. Would you want to guarantee money to a player that has not been able to provide a physical to show that he can play? I assume that the financial details and length of the contract has already been agreed upon.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The Cowboys have finalized an agreement with veteran DT Dontari Poe on a one-year deal, according to a source. The financial particulars were agreed to on Monday but there had been a holdup on language. Poe, who turns 30 in August, needs to take a physical but his addition is a sure sign that the defense will change in 2020. In the past, the Cowboys wanted smaller, quicker defensive tackles, but at 346 pounds he is a true nose tackle.

i

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

Status
Not open for further replies.