Signed by Cowboys Cowboys agree to terms with Jason Peters

bigE79

Reaction score
So . . . wait, the Cowboys had a plan about this all along? I was saying that fans upset over no FA signings shouldn't be upset because free agency wasn't over.

So, now that we got our free agent signed, is it still a disaster that we didn't sign anyone in free agency?

By signing Peters, would this put us on par with how many moves the Rams made in free agency vs. homegrown?
I'll be honest, I don't remember him.
#44...a tough sob

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Jeff Cavanaugh was talking about how Peters starts out on the practice squad as a protected player. I wonder what makes a newly signed player protected on the practice squad.
Very flexible retention rules.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Brian Waters showed up in Dallas at age 36 basically off of his couch and immediately was the 2nd best OL on the team behind Tyron in 2015. It's not often but there are guys like Waters, Peters and Whitworth who can play OL at a decent level well into their late 30s.
Derek Kennard came off the couch in 1995 and ended up playing 9 regular season games and all playoffs game on the way to a Super Bowl championship.

He has started camp but decided to retire.

Jerry eventually convinced him to return after starting OC Ray Donaldson was injured during the season.

Kennard was the definition of Fat Guy.
- Madden would always talk about Kennard's backside because he had the biggest butt that I've ever seen.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There are only 11 players left from the 2018 team that Peters called "arrogant." Also, the entire coaching staff has been turned over with the exception of Leon Lett.

I'm pretty sure he was directing it at Prescott.

Just the vibe I got.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
All this does is send a message to our young Tyler Smith that they have no faith in him... a no-confidence vote. The Cowboys are usually pretty good at messaging. Not this time. It has nothing to do with insurance or being prepared with a backup. Even Dak Prescott has a backup, it's just that Cooper Rush isn't a 9-time pro-bowler. It's a mistake!

The message isn't to Tyler; it's to McGovern.