Signed by Cowboys Cowboys agree to terms with Jason Peters

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I just wanted Micah to earn his star during training camp. I didn't say one bad word about Micah once the season got started. That's completely different than this situation. I trust our #1 draft pick to be a solid LT. If we get Peters, which apparently we did, he can be our LG.
So your switching your take and saying it’s not a mistake?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
So your switching your take and saying it’s not a mistake?
If he can help Tyler Smith be a better LT, then it's not a mistake but if he takes away opportunities from Tyler Smith then he's a progress stopper which is a mistake.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Tyler Smith Embracing Advice From Jason Peters
By Rob Phillips | DallasCowboys.com
September 5, 2022

tr9oh6au7r9steg8z7tb.jpg

FRISCO, Texas – Not long after officially signing his contract with the Cowboys, Jason Peters was on the practice field Monday, already chatting with first-round draft pick Tyler Smith.

"Today he was giving me some tips and tricks he's learned throughout the years that could really help me in my development," Smith said. "He's a great addition to the team."

Smith, 21, was three years old when Peters – a nine-time Pro Bowl offensive tackle with the Buffalo Bills and Philadelphia Eagles – entered the league as an undrafted rookie out of Arkansas in 2004.

Peters has built a Hall of Fame resume in the past 18 years. He says one of his goals now, at age 40, is "trying to set the bar for the up-and-coming youth."

Read more

The kid needs all the help he can get...

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
He'll be back.

Kind of depends on what we do. If we cut someone from the roster to add Peters, then that player will probably head to the practice squad. If we put someone on IR to add Peters, then we probably re-sign Tafua.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Problem solved ? Or is this just Jethro attempting to satisfy the criticism of not going out and trying to find some help?

Pass2Run

Reaction score
If he can help Tyler Smith be a better LT, then it's not a mistake but if he takes away opportunities from Tyler Smith then he's a progress stopper which is a mistake.

And the whole point about Tyler at LG is over your head?

gimmesix

Reaction score
So Smith to start at LT looks like

Think that still remains the plan. Peters is more of the "In case of emergency, break glass." Of course, I expect that glass to be shattered within the first couple of weeks. Don't mind if Tyler proves me wrong, though. Of course, it's not just him. McGovern has to hold his own at guard, too.

It's weird to think that our team has three future Hall of Famers as part of its offensive line. Of course, two of them are at the end of their careers. Would have loved to have Peters in his prime.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Peters has also played ST at 320 and offers offe sive flexibility - OT, OG and TE.

Kellen could create some cool packages.

I'm still shaking my head at Arkansas alum Jerry Jones not having enough sense to either draft him late or make him a priority UDFA. It was easy to see in college that Peters had the skills to be an offensive tackle, with tight end movement skills in a 320-pound body. For all those who think Jerry has some kind of special affinity for signing former Razorbacks, this would have been the time for him to do it.