Twitter: Cowboys among teams who have checked on Odell Beckham Jr.'s health recently

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
OBJ will be looking to find his final team and will likely feel his pay rate is among the League's best. It will be interesting to see where he goes and what he terms are.

If he's looking for his final deal I don't see him coming here.
If he wants to audition this year for his final deal next year, and maybe get a ring, we're a pretty good spot.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
If he's looking for his final deal I don't see him coming here.
If he wants to audition this year for his final deal next year, and maybe get a ring, we're a pretty good spot.
I have a feeling he waits until 2023 unless the Rams scoop him up.

offlimits

Reaction score
I don’t like it but OBJ will be a Cowboy before Thanksgiving. Will play first game against the Colts. The Cowboys have the money and media attention that would give OBJ a big contract next season.

I agree. Jerry LOVES to make a big splash + OBJ would sell a ton of jerseys... I could see it happening and look at the big picture. It would be a HUGE marketing plus for Dallas Cowboys, Inc. One other point that I have not read here is also the fact that OBJ, being a Dallas Cowboy opens up a lot more revenue streams for the player. When you play for the Dallas Cowboys... you are working the big stage in Vegas.

offlimits

Reaction score
Not at all. It's a passing league. You need a stockpile of weapons.

Spot on. Pass, pass, pass... and pass again. It's a QB league and has pretty much turned into arena football. Gotta please the sponsors and the TV audience.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Bring him in. The team needs another receiving threat and he's one of the best. It's a no-brainer. It's time to go all in.

Reactions: BAT

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All of that is a positive.

But the thing with recovering ACL’s is getting past the mental hurdle. And didn’t he have the surgery in late February? How effective will he be for whatever team he signs with.

Thats definitely something that will need to be looked into. Can’t just sign him sight unseen.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
His market value is 13M. I don't think the Cowboys win this bidding war. I'm guessing some team will pay him more than that, like the Giants or like you said, the Packers.

I would disregard that. He signed for ‘up to $4.5 million’ in November of last year with the Rams, NOT coming off if an ACL injury.

I consider that market value to be bogus.

Last edited:

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I have a feeling he waits until 2023 unless the Rams scoop him up.

Probably is more sensible from a contract perspective. Give himself time to fully heal before he auditions for his final contract next year.

The only sensible reason to come back now is to get a ring on a short season.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Buff not gonna outbid us, they have S.Diggs, G.Davis and no cap room, he's not going back to NY. GB looks out of contention but you never know.

He will be a Cowboy IMO, on a 3yr deal 50M deal, we're out after two years and there has to be an injury clause with 2 ACL's