Twitter: Cowboys among teams who have checked on Odell Beckham Jr.'s health recently

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Michael been sniffin da white powda too much.

Even if in a drug induced coma with his brain completely shut down, Mike Irvin still would know more football than all of CZ combined.

Irvin talked about this in October:

Last edited:

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Hell, you could see this coming a mile away once the Cooks trade fell through. He probably going to come down his preference which I'm guessing will give him the most snaps. His priority will be to show teams he's healthy enough to still play at a high level for a quality 2023 contract. Remember we started three WRs last season ( Coop, Lamb and Gallup ) but this year it's Lamb, Gallup and ?......
Playing for the Cowboys gives him the most national exposure for a long term deal. We know from Irvin he has some interest playing here, matter of fact the Cowboys were on his short list before he went to the Browns. If healthy, get it done!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The man threw a TD, caught a Td and rushed for a TD a game ago and he’s a proven elite player ( when healthy)……plus he adds depth in case of injury. The Niners have correctly concluded that they have an unprecedented easier path to the SB and they will need to match the depth of the Bills and Chiefs. Their GM gets it.
I’m not denying he’s talented. He is. But the offense was good last season. Him throwing a touchdown is irrelevant to me unlesss they plan on putting him at quarterback lol. He’s great though but he didn’t necessarily fix a weakness. He fixed a strength.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Playing for the Cowboys gives him the most national exposure for a long term deal. We know from Irvin he has some interest playing here, matter of fact the Cowboys were on his short list before he went to the Browns. If healthy, get it done!

Yep.......my thinking also

shabazz

Reaction score
I’m not denying he’s talented. He is. But the offense was good last season. Him throwing a touchdown is irrelevant to me unlesss they plan on putting him at quarterback lol. He’s great though but he didn’t necessarily fix a weakness. He fixed a strength.

…..they also made sure that a potential rival didn’t get his talents either. Some GMs are playing chess…….and of course others are still playing aging checkers.

Like I said though….we shall see who’s made the right moves

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
…..they also made sure that a potential rival didn’t get his talents either. Some GMs are playing chess…….and of course others are still playing aging checkers.

Like I said though….we shall see who’s made the right moves
I think some of the dumbest moves is worrying about other teams when it comes to acquiring talent lol. That being said, Shanahan got a piece that he knows how to use. I don’t think they were playing chesss just upgrading their talent. They will be a threat for sure but NFC thankfully looks wide open. Hard to be scared of teams led by Jimmy G and Hurts….

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I'd rather the Cowboys go 0-17 than put OBJ on the payroll. He's a hard "hell no" for me. Just saying. ;)

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
His market value is 13M. I don't think the Cowboys win this bidding war. I'm guessing some team will pay him more than that, like the Giants or like you said, the Packers.
He made 4.75M last season with the Rams and he was healthy when he signed that contract.

How did his value jump from 4.75M to 13M while being out with an injury?

Also, he'll only play about 1/3rd of the season. A full season at 13M would be prorated to 4.59M for 6 games.

Reactions: BAT

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Packers make sense. But he’s going to want to go to a contending team and I don’t see the packers making the playoffs this year.

They should win today. But then face 3 potential playoff teams in a row in Dallas, Tennessee and Philly. They get a gritty Chicago team and then they also play the Rams, Dolphins and Vikings again.

He is projected a return in mid December and they likely are around the 5-9 or 6-8 when he would play.
An excellent point. They could be out of it by the time he’s ready to return

Yes, the playoff probability for teams will impact where he signs.

If his 1st game back is Dec 4th, then the playoff probabilities will be fairly obvious by then.

Will the Rams have a winning record at that point?

Kingofholland

Reaction score
New headline soon: Dallas Cowboys were in on Odell Beckham Jr. but were outbid

Followed by another headline: Odell signs 1 year, 3 million dollar deal with Buffalo

6 year 120 million contract for Buffalo land him ;)

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agreed. He hasn’t had any off the field issues in years. Not a single peep while with the rams who won a Super Bowl with him.

People grow up. They get wiser. I wouldn’t be opposed to bringing him in at all.
I don’t like it but OBJ will be a Cowboy before Thanksgiving. Will play first game against the Colts. The Cowboys have the money and media attention that would give OBJ a big contract next season.
I'd rather the Cowboys go 0-17 than put OBJ on the payroll. He's a hard "hell no" for me. Just saying. ;)
Tomorrow

Breaking: Beckham signs with Eagles
Why would they sign a WR...to block for their running QB...

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
and that wouldn't even bug me. He is hurt and a shell of himself. We play with 1 ball.
Agreed. He hasn’t had any off the field issues in years. Not a single peep while with the rams who won a Super Bowl with him.

People grow up. They get wiser. I wouldn’t be opposed to bringing him in at all.
I don’t like it but OBJ will be a Cowboy before Thanksgiving. Will play first game against the Colts. The Cowboys have the money and media attention that would give OBJ a big contract next season.

Has OBJ ever really had overly bad behavior as a teammate?

His antics seem generally like silliness. He was not happy about being traded to Cleveland but his complaints there seemed relatively minor.

I think some people get him confused with Antonio Brown...

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I'm all for it. This Dallas "we like our RKG players" theme hasn't been been working, so why not take a swing at something wild like this? What's the worse that could happen? This team loses a 1st round playoff game? lol