Cowboys and CD in dispute over years on contract

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Yeah no real surprise there. Contract length is every bit as important in these deals as the AAV is. The Cowboys could pay Lamb whatever he wants with a long enough contract. The Cowboys still have a lot of dead cap on the books for 2025 I'm sure they would like a longer deal with Lamb to spread that hit out.

Creeper

Reaction score
For a receiver I might want to give him just 4 years and see what happens after that. Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. Long term deals make more sense for linemen, and QBs. 3 years is not long enough for a team.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Can't they just make it a 6 year deal, and the 2 extra years be void years, or do they actually have control over his contract in those 2 extra years even though we know they're void years???

Reid1boys

Reaction score
They probably will give in and give him a no trade clause too lol. This front office is a joke.
hiarious... maybe this is why there is no deal.. but yea, they are a joke, even though you havent a clue what the hold up is.Hey, has Chase got a new deal?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Can't they just make it a 6 year deal, and the 2 extra years be void years, or do they actually have control over his contract in those 2 extra years even though we know they're void years???
Lamb is probably asking for 3 years, so he can do like Dak and get right back to the table after WRs contracts have kept going up.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Hold firm, minimum 4 year deal... MINIMUM. No deal?? Ok, CeeDee, franchise tag here you come. You no like? Sit out this season and lose 17 million. Ball is in your court.
Two franchise tags as well. Lamb doesn't have the leverage he thinks he has, and he's trying to pull a Dak on the front office. Wonder what he'd fetch in a trade.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Hold firm, minimum 4 year deal... MINIMUM. No deal?? Ok, CeeDee, franchise tag here you come. You no like? Sit out this season and lose 17 million. Ball is in your court.
I would agree. Jefferson signed for 4 years, St Brown signed a 4 year extension. I'd hold out for at least 4 years if I'm the Cowboys too. You can't just reup the same players every couple seasons, teams have to have a window of getting value in these deals as well.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I would agree. Jefferson signed for 4 years, St Brown signed a 4 year extension. I'd hold out for at least 4 years if I'm the Cowboys too. You can't just reup the same players every couple seasons, teams have to have a window of getting value in these deals as well.
:hammer: